Status: am a first timer,so bare with me =)

Here Goes Nothing..

Just Friends!

Ever been so tired to the point where you start feeling like the walking died...well! we hit that stone about three hours ago, now we're beyond tired mainly functioning on spare energy to go through this 30 hour shift.

''There you are" said Alison as she took a seat next to me on the floor "am so ready for this shift to be over, wanna go home already" she wined.
''same here''
''I thought peads was supposed to be the easy going, fun specialty''
''it is, not on nights like these though''

Alison and I met during med school, we even did our internship at the same hospital back home, but since then she got married and moved here. she was the one who found me this job''

''six more hours and it's shower, eat and sleep''
''easy for you to say, am going home to laundry, dishes and a two year old who despises sleeping on her own bed''
''adorable!! god I'd do anything to have a two year old as cute as yours''
''weeeell! from all the gossip I've been hearing; there is someone for you to DO..''
''it's not what you think Al''
''uhmmm...''
''seriously al! you know Darren are I are nothing but friends''

The conversation was interrupted by my phone buzzing loudly, a goofy picture of Darren was flashing n the screen.

''hello!''
''hey, so I know am not supposed to call you at work but I needed to ask you something''
''sure, what's up?''
''uh, you coming back home later tonight by any chance?''
''no, probably by tomorrow morning...why are you asking?''
''actually the guys are n their way over to watch the game, so I thought I'd give you a heads up if you were coming later''
''appreciate it! you guys have fun''
''later then, and sorry again 'bout calling''
''it's alright, no need to apologize D''

Back At The Apartment...

''on their way, huh!!'' brain exclaimed
''you came unannounced...besides she wouldn't know the difference seeing she won't be here anytime soon''
''Dude! thought this was your place, since when did we have to call ahead''
''it's not like that man, and it's not my place alone any more...imagine coming back after two days of work to a bunch of screaming cavemen when all you want to do is rest, I had to call...it was the human thing to do''

the protesting man was now stuffing his face with chips using both hands mimicking cavemen and grunting''
''am sorry Dare but Fred Flintstone here has got a point, this exceeds manners...sounds like you've got a thing for this girl'' said Walker halfway from the kitchen handing beers all around''
''don't be ridiculous, I assure you nothing is going on''

None of them seemed convinced with that last statement...They exchanged side looks but no one chose to speak.

''just say it!!''
''remember the party?'' Holden spoke up
''what about it?!'' starting to sound annoyed
''..you too were practically having eye sex during that game''
''exactly!! a game was all it was Brian, Sara and I are merely friends...and eye sex is not a thing''
''everyone in that room would beg the differ'' added Joe under his breath

Darren was looking around the room towards his best friend for support, but it was no use.

''you too?''
''sorry man, but that was intense _whatever it was_, not to mention the amount of time you've been spending together...what are we supposed to think?''

The aid Darren was seeking earlier came in the form of Nick Lang...
''HEY! guys...I don't know about you but am here for the game, so drop it!''

Darren shot him a grateful loo and was ready to do nothing but drink and cheer for the rest of the night and it seemed so did his friends.