Status: Just something I came up with in a motel a few days ago

Sleepless Nights

Sleepless Nights

She sat alone in the stuffy and humid room, cross legged on the bed on sheets that had once seen better days. She didn't hear the receptionist knocking on her door to tell her goodnight; her ears were filled with the angelic and calming sound of her favourite band. Their voices echoed inside her head, the girl twitching her foot to the beat of the song. She uncrossed her legs and placed her hands behind her, leaning back as they stretched out on the mattress. Her ipod fell off her thigh, landing with an almost inaudible thump beside her.

Suddenly her iPod decided to shuffle, switching over to that song that she hated herself for loving. The small smirk that has been pulling on the corners of her lips disappeared instantly, her eyes widening a little as memories flooded her racing mind. She turned her head a little as she looked towards the murky red moth bitten curtains at the other side of the room.

She leapt up from the bed and inced as the rusty springs squeaked, stepping over her bags and possessions sprawled all over the coffee stained carpet. She stood by the curtains, raising her hand to caress one of them before pulling it to the side.

Her mouth dropped a little as she noticed it was raining.

However her eyes lit up instantaneously; she loved the rain.

The girl twirled a strand of black hair around her finger as she pouted, trying to see if her window would open a little further, just so that she could touch the beautiful falling bullets. She looked at the latch which was supposed to only allow the window to be pushed an inch or two outwards, chuckling as she found that it was completely broken.

She pulled out one of her headphones, smiling manically when she recognised the low rumble of thunder in the distance. It seemed to resonate within her, caressing the insides of her body. The black haired girl sighed contentedly, her mouth opening a little when she saw a flash of white in the distance.

She let out a little laugh before turning her iPod off and taking the other headphone from her ear ; tonight was definitely going to be another sleepless night. But only because her obsession would be keeping her up till her eyelids could hold up no longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just something i came up with recently. May have base it a little on my best friend XD Should be able to update on my other ongoing story soon, I'm just on holiday at the moment :) xx