Disarranged

chapter 10.5: bathroom dispute

Sirius knocked on the bathroom door. Scout had just recovered from her run-in with Death Eaters in the forests near Adamite Manor, so she was now up and about. Sirius was elated to have her around. She kept his mind off dark things and lent an ear when he needed to rant.

There was one issue however.

"When are you getting out of there?" Sirius exclaimed, knocking on the door again. There was one bathroom on the floor Sirius and Scout had bedrooms on, and both were very stubborn about not having to go to another floor's restroom.

"Just wait!" Scout hissed from inside. Sirius groaned, fed up, used Alohomora, and went into the bathroom. He stopped in his tracks and began to laugh when he saw Scout's state however.

She was standing on a small stepping stool as to get as close to the bathroom mirror as possible. Her hair was pulled up into a topknot, and she was covered in all sort of Muggle cosmetic tools. There were patches on her legs, tweezers in her hand, and a green mask on her face.

"Sirius!" she screeched, picking up the soap holder and throwing it at him. He just continued to howl with laughter.

"What is all of that?" he asked between cackles, grasping his stomach from the intense laughter.

Scout frowned and glared at him. "It's not funny!" she insisted. "You wouldn't understand!"

"What are those?" Sirius asked in reference to her legs.

"I'm just keeping up with female maintenance," Scout vaguely replied. Sirius scoffed. "I'm being serious!"

"No, I'm Sirius," he quipped. It didn't help Scout's mood.

"Okay, okay," Sirius attempted to soothe. "Why don't you just tell me? You tell me about everything else but not some patches on your legs?"

Scout looked at him doubtfully for a few moments. "…they make it so my legs aren't hairy."

"See, that wasn't so bad," Sirius remarked, keeping his face impassive. "And the rest?"

Scout lightly touched the face mask. "It's so I don't get pimples. And the tweezers are for my upper lip and eyebrows."

Sirius shrugged to prove it wasn't weird to him and that it wasn't anything crazy. "You don't need all of that," he added.

"I don't do it for you," Scout replied, her gaze returning to the mirror. "I like pampering myself sometimes."

Sirius simply nodded. "Fair enough."

From that day forward Sirius was allowed to come into the bathroom to wash his hands, brush his teeth, or even take a bath while Scout was preening. He never laughed at her again, and it slowly became routine. Scout was surprised that she quickly became comfortable with Sirius seeing her in such a state.
♠ ♠ ♠
A cute lil' nugget.