Disarranged

chapter 4.5: purple-y

"You don't get tea," Scout chided Sirius one day. The two were seated on the veranda in straw seats, two cups of tea between them.

"What's there to get? You drink it," he replied flippantly with a roll of his eyes. He really didn't get the big deal with tea. You drank it sometimes with biscuits and cake.

"Tea is an acquired taste and an elegant and ancient beverage with many flavors and shades," Scout lectured.

Sirius groaned, feeling like he was back in the History of Magic course in Hogwarts. "I was right telling Remus that you're an old lady with an obsession for tea."

Scout frowned, displeased with his disinterest. "You just don't get it."

"Fine," Sirius began, feeling a bit agitated, "Tell me about the tea we're drinking!"

"This is hibiscus tea," Scout explained smugly, holding the cup up. "It is an herbal tea and is known to help lower blood pressure and mild hypertension. It has a deep red color, and has a tart flavor. DeeDee has added some sugar to it since you tend to have a sweet tooth."

"Do not," Sirius interjected moodily.

"Says the man who ate half a cake last night," Scout reminded. Sirius was silent in response, a light flush on his cheeks.

"I guess tea's good," Sirius relented. "The other one last night was tasty."

"White tea?" Scout asked.

"Yeah, that one."

They continued to sip the tea in silence until he requested, "Tell me about roses."

"Well, they're a woody perennial of the genus Rosa and has over one-hundred species. There's too many to really go into it, but an interesting fun fact is that roses are incapable of being blue. The closest breeders have ever gotten is a purple hue."

"What kind are in your garden?" Sirius queried.

"I have garden roses, which are primarily hybrid and ornamental plants. I have Pianos, Augusta Luise or Rachel, Candlelight, Heritage, Foetida, and a Gallica called Tuscany Superb."

"The purple-y ones are pretty," Sirius commented, not really following anything Scout had just said.

"Those are the Gallica," Scout clarified.

Sirius gave a definite nod, imagining a garden of the 'purple-y ones.' "I'd like to grow some of those one day."

Scout grinned, happy he was interested in one of her hobbies. "I'll give you a clipping when this is all over."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have random 'point-five' chapters that are just extra story plot-fluff bonus, so here you go!