Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day Before Papa Left

Ashley's POV
May 30
Sophia: age five

"C'mon Papa! We're doing this for you!"

"Hold on soph. Where's your daddy at?"

"He's in the car waiting for you! Hurry up!"

I smiled and put the top back on the eyeliner that I was using.

"C'mon." I said while lifting Sophia off of the ground and carrying her to the car.

I buckled her seatbelt and got in the passenger seat. Andy and Sophia were going to shop for me. He wanted me to at least look nice while I was gone.

"We gotta go pick up Aunt Sam!"

"Aunt sam's not coming. Just me you and Papa."

"Oh okay!"

We both smirked at her cute remark before gazing at each other. He winked at me and sat his hand on mine. I smiled the best that I could.

I knew that he was sad on the inside. We don't do well when we separate. The first times were when we went on a breaks from each other. The last time was when I went to rehab. It hurt each time.

"We need to talk when we get home." I whispered.

"About what?" He said louder.

"Things. Not right now okay?"

He nodded and looked back at the road.

We arrived to the mall and walked in hand in hand. By hand in hand I mean Sophia in the middle of Andy and I. We both have one of her hands.

We went to Dillard's, Dicks Sporting Goods, JCP, and Macy's. Of course we stopped in a store for Sophia which happened to be build a bear. She had her Hello Kitty and Gazelle which she happened to name Gazelle legs because she hears me call Andy that all of the time.

She made a White Tiger and named him Mourning Mystical Destroyer in honor of her three uncles Jake, Jinxx, and CC. She can't count to 50 but she knows their nicknames off the top of her head.

She wouldn't tell us the wish that she made. She said that she'd tell us if it came true though.

"Daddy when do I get to go to school?" She asked Andy was we walked out of a store.

"In another year BatKitty. "

"Is it going to be fun?"

"I hope so darling."

We actually waited to send Sophia to school. I wanted her to, but Andy's still traumatized by school. He doesn't want her to go through what he did, but I keep assuring him that it won't happen to her.

"What are we going to eat Papa?"

"What do you want Soph?"

"The yummy noodles that daddy likes and the chicken."

"So Chinese?" Andy asked for confirmation.

"Chinese? That sound funny. Doesn't it Papa?"

"That's what it's called BatKitty. C'mon let's go eat."

We got food and sat at a table at the back of the place. Sophia sat in one of those wooden highs chairs. She and Andy were playing with their noodles and I just laughed at them. I could tell that people wanted to complain about how loud they were but nothing's cuter than seeing a father and daughter playing together.

"Daddy, Papa, can I go to Jacob's house again?"

She met Jacob at the park and we became good friends with his parents. Soph's been over their house a few times.

"We have to call Miss Amber and ask okay?" I said.

Andy and I could use the alone time before I had to go.

We went to a few more stores and left before sun down. We stopped at the house and got Sophia's backpack before driving her to Jacob's house. She was to go to moms whenever she was tired and we'd pick her up from there later in the night.

Andy's POV

When we got home for a second time we both went to our room. I changed into PJ's while Ashley packed his bag. I sat on the bed and watched him pack just like he did for tour.

"You gonna help me?" He asked with a smirk.

"I think I just like watching you"

He laughed, closed the suitcase, and sat on it.

"What are you doing Purdy?"

"Come zip other Purdy."

I smiled and got up from my comfy spot. He sat cross legged on it while I zipped all the way. He took off his clothes leaving him in his boxers before getting in bed with me. I cuddled up to his chest.

"You had to talk to me about something?"

I almost forgot about that.

I sat both if us up and grabbed hold of his hand.

"I really don't want to leave tomorrow and I know how things get when we're separated. I know that you're worried, but please believe that nothing will happen to me. I'm not going down without a fight. I've got you and my daughter. That's too much for me to give up."

"But Ash every time you're away from me some type of shit happens. I was really depressed the first time. The second time you got into a bar fight and when you went to rehab that Eric guy was bothering you."

"But we came out okay each time babe. I'll talk to both of you each night. It's just three days not three months."

He sighed and looked down at his hands. I just made him feel guilty about leaving for a long time again didn't I?

"I'm sorry babe. I shouldn't have said it that way."

"It's okay. I want you to go Ashy. I know how your parents are. Soph and I will be okay and Sammi will probably make herself at home and keep us company."

"Thank you babe. I love you Andrew."

"I love you too Ashy."

He cupped my chin and kissed my lips. The kiss deepened into something more and you know how the story goes from there. For some small reason I wasn't worried any more. I don't know what clicked but I believed that he will be safe and I know that he'll come back in one peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone. How goes it? Sooo...I really want to finish this story because I'm not feeling it. And also I don't like my titles. I think I might find a day and change them. Anyway. Thanks for reading. I love you all