Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day That Papa Left

Andy's POV
June 1st
Sophia age 5

It was the day that Ashley was supposed to leave. Sophia and I had got him packed up the night before. It was known that Sophia had a separation problem with him, but it just made me realize that me and ash have spent almost every waking day together for 15 years. How am I supposed to deal with missing him, plus Sophia missing him.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Ashley kissing my head. I looked up into his eyes and tried to make myself speak.

"What time will you be back?"

"I don't know And'. It might be a long time. I might get back on Thursday but it could be Friday. I hate to leave my two fallen angels, but my parents really want me to go."

"Why can't we come with you Papa?"

"Because I want to get back as soon as possible and it's easier to travel alone. It will be hard though. I'm going to miss you sweetheart."

The truth was that Ashley's side of the family was a bit judgmental. He never really goes around them anymore. They judged us when we got engaged and it got worse when we claimed Soph. He's too protective of us and if one person looked at his family the wrong way he'd snap.

Sophia started to cry and latched on to Ashley.

"But I'm going to miss you."

He crouched down and poked her nose.

"I'll be back to help daddy sing to you Friday. I'll call every night okay? Hang in there little one. I love you with all of my being."

She started sniffling; trying not to cry anymore. Ashley's eyes looked sad, but he smiled for her. He put her in his arms and held her there.

"I love you too Papa. Don't forget to come home."

"I won't forget. How can I? My two favorite people are here."

He stood back up, holing her in his arms. He faced me and I gave a weak smile.

"I love you Andrew."

"I love you too Ashley."

He kissed me, full on despite Sophia being there. She was still crying a little.

"Can I have a family hug before I go?"

I wrapped my arms around Ashley and Sophia put her arms around both of our necks.

"I really have to go. I love you."

"We love you too Papa. Call us when you can."

"I will BatKitty. Remember. Be strong for me."

She nodded and Ashley handed her to me. He kissed us one last time before stepping out of the door.

"Ash!" I called.

Her turned around and looked.

"I love you too."

He ran back up and kissed me again before running back and starting his car.

We stood there until he pulled away. As soon as his car was no longer in sight Sophia balled her eyes out. She just kept saying Papa repeatedly. She started hyperventilating and she was telling me that she couldn't breathe.

"Soph calm down. Daddy needs you calm."

"P–pa–pa–P!"

"Sophia. It's alright sweetheart. Papa's just going to see grandma and grandpa. He has to go see them and the rest of his family."

She continued to cry and left my arms.

"Where are you going Soph?"

I followed her to her room and she grabbed her hello kitty off of the bed. I didn't like the look on her face. She looked as if she was in a different world.

"You alright baby girl?"

She looked up at me then her hand started twitching. Then her hold body shook and she fell to the floor. Fuck. She was having a seizure.

"Soph? Soph? Can you hear daddy?"

She kept shaking and I could tell that she was scared.

"It's okay baby. Hang in there. It's okay."

I pulled out my phone and dialed 911.

"What is your emergency?"

"My daughters having a seizure! How do I stop it?"

"Sir stay calm. Turn her on to her side gently. Hold her head."

I did as I was told and she shook for three more seconds before she went limp and passed out.

"Sophia?! Soph!"

"She's not moving!" I yelled into the phone.

"That's normal sir. Make sure she's still breathing."

"She is."

"Okay good. Put her somewhere comfortable. What's her name?"

"Sophia Elyeece Purdy. She's five."

"Okay sir and your name?"

"Andrew Dennis Purdy."

"Okay Mr. Purdy. We have an ambulance on the way. Would you like for me to stay on the phone?"

"No thank you."

"Okay Mr. Purdy the EMT's are on their way."

"Thank you."

I hung up the phone and dialed Ashley's number.

Ashley: Hello?

Andy: Ashley baby. Soph had a seizure. We're going to the ER.

Ashley: What! How? When? Is she alright?

Andy: Yeah. She's fine. C–can you turn around or something. I can't do this alone Ashley. This is the first time she's had to go to the ER.

Ashley: I am turning around babe. this is more important than a family reunion.

Andy: Please hurry.

Ashley: I will. I love you. Hang in there for Soph.

Andy: I will. And I love you too.

Ashley: call someone over so you won't be there alone.

Andy: Okay.

Ashley: okay. Bye baby.

Andy: Bye.

I then texted Sammi and told her to go on to the ER. There was a knock on the door and the EMT's came in.

The lifted her up and took her to the ambulance. They let me ride.

"Her heart beat is slower than it should be, but it's fine. Me. Purdy can I ask you some questions about Sophia?"

"Sure."

"When was she born?"

"January 28, 2014."

"And are you the biological father of her?"

"No sir. We adopted her."

"Okay, did the biological parents tell you about any allergies that she had?"

"No sir. We've had her since the day she was born. We got to know her mother and she stayed with us until Sophia was born. As far as Ashley and I know she has no allergies."

"Is Ashley your wife?"

"No. He's my husband and Sophia's other dad."

"Okay, did Sophia have any birth defects?"

"She had low oxygen levels and she also had a low blood sugar. She spent a few more weeks in the hospital and she was fine. We haven't had any problems with it."

"Okay sir. We can't be sure until we run a few tests, but it could possibly be Epilepsy. Are you aware with that term?"

"Yes sir."

"Since she's still a child, we found it early that means that it might be treatable. We're not certain, but like I said we have to run a few test. We're going to ask you to stay in the waiting room."

"I can't come with her? I'm her dad! She's only five!."

"I'm sorry Mr. Purdy."

The ambulance stopped and the doors opened. They told me where the doors to the waiting room were and made me walk over there. I saw Sammi standing at the door. She ran over to me and embraced me. I let my tears flow. I had refused to cry in front of Soph even if she was unconscious. Ashley told me to stay strong for her. Sammi was crying too. Sophia is our everything. Everyone loves that kid. I know she's going to be okay but thinking about something happening to her is enough to make me break down.

"She's gonna be okay Andrew. She's going to be okay. Where's Ashley?"

"H–he left like thirty minutes before it happened."

"Have you called him?"

I nodded and let go of her.

"Let's go inside. It's humid out here." She said while grabbing my hand and pulling me inside.

Ashley's POV

I pushed the horn on my car while shouting curses. There would be a fucking traffic jam right now! My phone rang again and I picked it up hoping that it was Andy with some news. Instead it was mom.

Ashley: Hello?

Mrs. P: Where are you Ashley? your dad and I are already at the airport. You're late and don't make up an excuse because you promised that you'd come.

Ashley: Mom I can't. Soph's sick.

Mrs P: Ashley don't say things like that. It's a shame that you'd make up something about your own daughter just so you don't have to come.

Ashley: I'm not fucking making anything up! My fucking daughter is in the hospital! She had a seizure right after I left. And you're right about me not wanting to come. But no. I was thinking of you and I had to leave my crying daughter at the door. Don't tell me that I'm fucking making things up. My daughter comes before anyone. If you were a good grandmother you'd come see her. Goodbye mom.

I hung up my phone and thew it in the back.

The traffic started to light up and I sighed of relief.

I pulled up to the ER and rushed inside. Andy was at the desk arguing with the woman.

"I need to see her!"

"I'm sorry sir, but you're not aloud to go back there until someone tells me that it's okay."

"For fucks sakes! You've told me that a hundred times. I don't care about your fucking rules! She shouldn't be back there alone."

"Andrew calm down." Sammi said as she approached him.

He kicked the wall and closed his eyes. I ran up to him and grabbed him in my arms. He didn't fight back. He knew it was me. I could feel tears soak my shirt.

"Ashy. They won't let me see her."

"I know babe. There's nothing we can do."

"But she's our daughter Ashley! She's only three. How come we can't see her?"

"I don't know babe. The rules suck."

"I'm so worried about her Ash. They said she might have Epilepsy."

"She's going to he alright sweetheart."

Back to Andy's POV

We all sat down and Sammi got us soda's from the machine. I laid on Ashley's shoulder for about an hour before the receptionist came in.

"Purdy family may go back now. She's in #5B.

The three of us stood up and walked to the back. We peeked around the corner and we saw Soph talking to the doctor.

"My daddy's a singer and my papa plays the big guitar. They're in a band. I got to go on stage one time."

"Did you like it?"

"Yeah. It was fun. I want to be just like them when I grow up."

"That's nice darling. Here put this on for me. And squeeze my hand. Do you know how to count?"

She nodded. I guess he was about to put her to sleep so they could run some test.

"Where's my daddy?"

I stepped through the curtain and she saw me.

"Hi daddy. Is papa okay?"

I laughed. She's worried about him when she's the one in the hospital.

"Yeah he's fine. Listen to the doctor sweetie."

"Okay Sophia. Can you count to ten for me. I'll start with you."

"One. Two. Three."

Sophia finished off and by the time she got to ten she was asleep. The doctor called in a nurse. She pulled the curtains and he came out.

"We're running the tests now. Mr. Purdy you told the EMT's that during her birth she had low oxygen levels?"

"Yes sir. It was fixed soon enough though."

"Okay and was there any other birth defects?"

"She was premature. She was supposed to be born on February 19th. And she had a low blood sugar."

"Okay thank you. We've suspected Epilepsy. It can be treated but sometimes the treatments don't work. Since she's young there's a 75% chance that it will work."

"Thank you ma'am."

She nodded before walking off. My arms flew around Ashley again.

"I'm so scared Ashley."

"Don't be babe. She's in good hands. How many times have we been here? Exactly. And we're perfectly fine. They haven't failed us yet and I doubt that they will during our biggest battle."

We sat outside of her room for a good three hours. By now the guys had came and so did Ashley's parents. He said that they had gotten into an argument. Apparently Ashley's mom thought he was making it up and he flipped.

I looked around the crowed area and noticed CC leaning into Jinxx. CC looked as if he was about to cry. I walked over and sat on the other side of him

"What's wrong buddy?"

"Nothing." He said while hiding his face into Jinxx.

"Tell him love."

"I said it was nothing."

"It is something. I'm going to leave you two alone. Tell him."

Jinxx got up before kissing CC on the cheek.

"What's up?"

"What if something happens to her?" He whispered.

"They're just running tests C. She's going to be okay."

"But what if they find something wrong? They always do."

"Then we'll get treatment for her."

He turned and handed me a bag. It had batman on the font of it. When I opened it there was coloring book and a hello kitty t-shit.

"I convened Jeremy to get it. I know she likes to color and because of you two she's stuck on batman and hello kitty."

"Thanks. I know she'll love it."

"Andy, I know it seems really weird but I love Sophia to death. She brightens everyone's mood and having her on Tour with us was really fun. I don't know. I've never really been around kids, but you guys always called me a kid at heart. Honestly Sophia brought more out of me and I'm always super happy around her. Nothing can happen to her. She's too much of a treasure."

"That means a lot C. And nothing's going to happen to her. She's going to be fine."

"I know she will."

I smiled at him and put a hand on his shoulder. I gave him the bag back and we sat there in comfortable silence. About ten minutes later Ashley came back.

"Andrew she's awake and the doctor wants to talk to us."

I nodded and got up from my seat. I was greeted by Sammi and Ashley as we walked to the back.

"She's been asking for her daddy." The doctor said.

I smiled and stepped forward. I went to the other side of the curtain and found my very sleepy daughter laying on the bed.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah darling. How are you feeling?"

"Sleepy."

"You can't go to sleep. I got you a surprise."

She sat up wiping her eyes and I waved Ashley in.

"Papa!" Sophia yelled bouncing on the bed.

"Hey BatKitty! I see my little girl is being strong like I asked."

"Yeah. I had to for daddy."

I walked over beside them. Sammi had entered the room but she hung low.

"C'mon Aunt Sam. There's enough room for you if daddy would scoot over!"

I laughed scooting closer to Ashley.

"Thanks hun. You doing better?"

"Yeah. They put a needle in my arm while I was sleeping. The nice lady asked me what kind of bandaid I wanted when i woke up and I told her hello kitty. I would have got batman daddy, but they didn't have any."

"That's okay Soph. Whatever makes you happy."

"Daddy what happened to me? I remember getting my kitty after Papa left but that's it."

"You got sick sweetie. You had to ride in an ambulance then they brought you here. You asked for me before they put you to sleep."

"Oh."

"Sorry to interrupt. Can I talk to the Purdy's please."

Sammi pulled Sophia off of the bed and grabbed her hand.

"C'mon. Uncle CC is in the waiting room and he got you something."

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise. You gotta come."

"Daddy, Papa? Can I go?"

"Yes you can." Ashley answered.

"Yay! Bye Daddy. Bye Papa. I love you."

"We love you too Soph."

We smiled as they walked down the hallway. Sammi was trying to keep the little gown closed in the back and Sophia was laughing and smiling. We saw them turn the corner and looked back at the doctor.

"We ran the test and it is Epilepsy. Don't worry it is treatable. We're going to give her a prescription. She's going to take them for two months then we're going to test her again. Watch her diet. I don't want her eating a lot of sugar or glucose. In the meantime if she has another seizure five days after taking the medicine bring her back and we might have to preform surgery."

We both nodded and shook the doctors hand. He came back with her prescription and Sophia's bag with her clothes. We thanked him before walking back into the waiting room.

CC and Sophia where sitting cross legged in the floor, coloring in the book. She noticed us and ran to hug us.

"We can go now Soph. Go with Papa and get dressed back in your clothes."

"Okay Daddy."

She grabbed Ashley's hand and he led her to the bathroom. Everyone crowed around me for answers.

"So the doctor came back and she does have Epilepsy. They think it was because of her lack of oxygen during birth. She should be fine after two months on this, but if she has another seizure five days into taking this then she has to come back for surgery."

"Oh sweetie." Sammi said coming to me and hugging me.

"Our little Soph is a fighter though." Cc said.

"Yep. The strongest people I know are her parents." Jake said stepping up and putting a hand on my shoulder.

"She'll get through regardless." Jinxx said.

Ashley reappeared holding Sophia's hand. She was back in the outfit that she had on before Ashley left.

"Hey look who's back!" CC said while crouching down and giving her a high five.

"Daddy, Papa can we go to uncle CC and uncle Jeremy's house?"

"Sure BatKitty. I'm sure uncle CC wouldn't care but you have to ask uncle Jeremy."

She let go of Ashley's hand and walked over to Jinxx

"Uncle Jinxx can we go to your house?"

"Of course you can Soph."

"Yay!" She hugged his leg and he patted her head.

Everyone said goodbye and we headed out of the hospital. Ashley thankfully still had her car seat in his car. He strapped her in the back and I sat up front. Ashley leaned over and kissed me then looked back at Soph.

"You ready?"

"To Uncle CC's house!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovelies! Two updates in a row! Yay a! 5 points for me! Haha. I'm in a really good mood for some reason if you can't tell. Anywhore. Thanks for reading. I'm taking request again and by request I mean if there's anything that you want to see in this story then let me know. Thanks! I love you all!