Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day You Took a Big Step In Life

Andy's POV
Sophia: age 6
August

Ashley, Sophia, and I pulled up to the big brick building. Sophia looked with wide eyes. We were now at her elementary school. I didn't like this at all. School was the cause of most of my pain. I knew she had to be here though.

I grabbed her hello kitty backpack and Ash unbuckled her car seat. She jumped out and grabbed hold of his hand. I slipped the backpack on her shoulder and we walked into the school.

Her teacher was an older woman. She had red hair and freckles and she was a little over weight. Sophia sat at our side coloring a picture that the teacher gave her while Ashley and I filled out papers.

"My parents' number or yours?" I asked him.

"Yours."

Sophia still had epilepsy but there wasn't a spot for disorders and such. We finished the papers and signed both of our names.

"Excuse me ma'am." I said while walking up to her desk.

"Oh sorry. Yes sir?"

"Sophia has a case of epilepsy. It's not as serious and she's slowly getting over it. She has to take her medication after lunch."

Ashley handed the prescription to the teacher.

"She's only had one seizure. It is possible that it could happen again, but as long as she doesn't have foods with high sugars then she's fine. Is there a paper that we need to fill out for that?"

"No. No. I got it all. Epilepsy. No high sugars. Medication after lunch."

"Thank you."

"Anytime. That's all I need. See you tomorrow."

"C'mon Soph. We'll be back tomorrow."

"Bye Mrs. Reeves." Sophia waved.

The next day.
3:00 pm.

We sat outside of the school waiting for the teachers to let them out. We had a little card that had Sophia's name tapped to the windshield so that they'd know who's car to send her too.

Sophia came out of the building guided by one of her teachers. They opened the door for her and strapped her into her car seat. They waved goodbye to us before we drove off.

"How was your first day of school?" Ashley asked

"We colored and played games and Jacob's in my class! It was really fun Papa."

"So you can't wait to go back tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow were going to play a game with the abcs. My teacher was proud of me because I already knew them."

"That's good Soph. We have to go to the doctor now. After he's checked up on everything We'll ask him if it's okay for you to have ice cream okay?"

"Alright daddy."

Ash turned on the radio to some new song that everyone was listening too.

"Noo Papa! Do you have one of your CDs?"

I laughed and turned to smirk at Ashley. She's like I was when I was little.

"Which album darling?"

"She doesn't know what an album is Ash."

"Yes I do! You have a lot of them! I want Wretched And Divine."

"Good choice darling."

Ashley started to put the cd in.

"Which song do you want BatKitty?"

Her feet wiggled in the car seat as she thought about it.

"Um...I don't know. Just start from the begging."

"Fine with me."

My voice started the album. Sophia absently sung to most of the songs. By the time we got to We Don't Belong the three of us were into it.

Our fun was cut short as we pulled up to the doctors office. Ash and Sophia went to the little play area while I checked her in. The woman at the desk looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. I've probably seen her at a bar or show or something.

"I'm here to check in Sophia Purdy."

"Sophia Purdy for 4:30. The doctor will be ready in a few...you look really familiar. Have I seen you before?"

"I was thinking the same. You a fan of Black Veil Brides?"

"Black Veil Brides Black Veil Brides Black Veil Brides...I've heard the name from someone. You're Andy right? I've heard that name before too."

"Maybe you know my husband Ashley Purdy."

"Ashley Purdy?...Oh my god! Ashley!"

Ashley looked up from the game he and Sophia were playing.

"Kate?"

"Oh my god it is you!"

She got up from her spot behind the glass and came though the door.

"Ashley oh my god! How long has it been?!"

"God I don't know Katelyn...maybe six or seven years."

"Goodness. I miss you! That place was so boring without my favorite person."

Katelyn...She was Ashley's nurse at the rehab center years ago. Oh...

"Look at you. You have a daughter now! Oh my. She's so adorable."

"Yeah she is."

"And Andy! Now I remember you! You were that fine piece of man that Ashley kept the picture of. You two are still together."

"Been married for five years. Been together for twelve."

"I'm glad to see that you're doing well."

I just now realized Sophia who had her hand latched in my looking up at Kate.

I picked her up so that she was leveled with us.

"Sophia this is Ms. Kate."

"Hi." She squeaked. She got her shyness from me.

"Hi Sophia. How are you." Katelyn asked.

"I'm good. You know my daddy and Papa?"

"Sure do."

"Oh."

"Andy, Ash I'm so excited that–"

"Sophia Purdy." The nurse called.

"Shoot. I'll give you my number and we can have dinner or something. It was really nice seeing you two."

"You too Kate." I said.

Sophia and I followed the nurse while Ashley and Kate exchanged numbers.

"Hello Sophia. Nice to see you again. How are you?"

For every check up Sophia had the same nurse and doctor. The nurse, Judith, was checking out everything like she normally does. We knew that Sophia had to get her blood taken today, but we didn't say anything because she'd be upset on her first day of school.

"Okay. Since it's been two months we need to sample more blood."

Sophia's blue eyes got big and were starting to turn a shade of gray. It was sorta like mine did when something bad happened.

"B-but..."

"Don't worry little one. It'll be fast you trust me right?" Judith asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"Good and you're so polite."

She just smiled awkwardly. The nurse left the room and Sophia held her arms out to Ashley. He got up from his seat next to me and sat beside her on the paper covered bed.

"I don't want to Papa." She mumbled while looking down at Ashley's tattooed arm, tracing the big flower on his arm.

"You know they have to put needles in your arms to give you these." I said while pointing to my arm.

"Really?"

"Yup. And they didn't do it all at one time. I had to go back a lot."

"How many tattoos do you have daddy?"

"Too many to count." Ashley chimed in.

She sighed and took a breath.

"I'll be strong for you daddy. You must be tough because of all your tattoos."

"I wouldn't say that." I said.

"He's just strong darling." It wasn't Ashley that said it. It was the nurse who was back.

"That's a nice way to put it."

"Alright Miss Sophia. Are you ready?"

"Yes ma'am."

"You can get your Daddy or Papa to hold your hand."

She already had her hand laced in Ashley's.

"So Sophia do you have a favorite song?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"What's it called?"

"Set The World On Fire. My daddy wrote it before I was born."

"I would sing it with you but I'm afraid I don't know it. Why don't you get Andy to sing with you."

I rolled my eyes because I knew I wasn't going to say no. Ashley gave a small beat with his hands and Sophia and I started to sing. Ashley was making guitar noises. Before she knew it the nurse had already got her samples.

"Nicely done lady and gents. This will be fast. You can stay or the doctor will contact you in an hour or less."

"I think we're calling it a day. I have a question though."

"Go for it."

"Can she have ice cream. Like just a small cone?"

"Yes that's fine. It's okay for her to have something every once in a while. Just don't make it constant."

"Alright. Thank you."

I stood up, Ashley picked Sophia up, and we made our way outside of the building.

"Who wants ice cream!?"

"Yay!"

We pulled up to the place. Ashley and Sophia both got chocolate as always and I just took bites of Ashley's cone. He didn't care because he wasn't going to eat it all. He's one of those really healthy people. I can't get him to eat fast food anymore and he'll fix stake and pork for Sophia and I but he won't eat it himself.

We were home now and it was rather late. Ash was giving Soph a bath and I was cleaning her room. My phone rang in my back pocket. It was Soph's doctor. He usually just waits until we come the next time to tells us the results.

Andy: Andrew Purdy

Doctor: Andy Sophia tests came back and I've got very good news."

I started making my way to the bathroom and stood in the door.

"Okay go on."

"Her tests came back negative. As in there was nothing there. That's great. We need to do more test just to be sure."

"Wait wait. So I can tell them?"

"Yes. You can tell them."

"Okay. Thank you."

"Sure thing. She needs to come back in a week. Reward her with pizza."

I let out a laugh and nodded even though I knew he couldn't see me. By now Ashley had her out of the tub and into the gown. They sat there looking at me with curious eyes.

"Okay. Thank you. Goodbye."

"What is it babe?"

"It was the doctors! Her tests came back negative!"

Ashley broke out into a smile and hopped up with her in his arms.

"That's great! Oh my god! That's really great!"

"I'm confused Daddy." Sophia's little voice chimed in.

"Doesn't negative mean bad or something?"

"No sweetheart! It's good! It's really good! Pizza on me!"

"Pizza?!"

"Pizza! Pizza! Pizza for you, for me, for Papa!" I yelled.

"Yeah! Pizza for everyone." She yelled too.

The excitement was killing me. After two years of fighting this she's finally cured. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but she hated taking the medication. She hasn't had real pizza in two years.

"Im gonna go call Sammi."

"Andrew calm down. We'll get the pizza but we can wait for partying on the weekend."

My spirits died down but my smile still showed.

"Okay! Pizza, then bed. My little kindergartner has school tomorrow."

She smiled at me. I knew she'd only eat a piece if that. Her eyes told me that she was sleepy.

The pizza got there pretty fast and we sat around eating and watching tv. Eventually Sophia and I fell asleep leaving Ashley to put us to bed. I find it adorable that he actually carries me to bed like he does Sophia. I truly had an amazing life. I had an amazing husband, and a daughter who I loved more than anyone or anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! Happy thanksgiving if you celebrate it. Here's this chapter. Sorry it took so long. I really wanted to finish the story before I updated again but I'd rather do this than to leave you all hanging. I'm at my mothers house and I don't come here often. I'm actually the one cooking while she's asleep. *rolls eyes* my friend fell asleep so he's not texting me anymore so I'm just writing now. Anywhore thanks and I love you all.