Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day The Band Took A Big Turn

Ashley's POV
Sophia: age 7
November

I woke up to an empty bed. That's weird. Usually Andy's still here or Sophia always makes her way in to make sure I'm up.

I got out of bed and walked down the hallway. I peaked into Sophia's room expecting to see her sleeping, but she wasn't there. Her bed was neatly made up and her room was clean.

"Andy! Soph!" I called out. I didn't get an answer.

I looked out of the window. His car was still here and so was mine. I groaned and dialed his number. He answered on the first ring.

"Mornin' baby!"

"Hey Andrew. Where are you guys?"

"We're out with Sammi."

"Oh...okay...I guess I'll be here then."

"Okay baby. Love you. Soph says hi."

"Tell her I said hi. I love you both too."

"Okay bye ashy."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and blew a breath. I mean. It's fine I guess. Just leave me home by myself. Don't bother inviting me. I'm fine.

I walked into the kitchen and fixed myself a bowl of cereal. I went through my contacts on my phone and decided to give CC a call.

"Hello?"

"Hey buddy."

"Hey Ash! What's up?

"Andy and Soph are out. Mind if I come over? It's been a while since I hung with my official party animal partner."

"Sure. I'm playing with lucy and Jermey's somewhere around here."

"Alright thanks buddy. I'm on my way."

"See ya'"

I finished the cereal and put the bowl in the sink. I went into out room and slipped some clean pants and a black muscle shirt. I grabbed my keys and almost walked out of the house without my phone. When I picked it up I noticed Jon's name across the screen. He sent me a text message that said to call him ASAP.

I dialed his number on the way out of the house.

"Jonathan Syverson speaking."

"Hey Jon. It's Ash. You needed something?"

"Er yeah...hey Ashley how's it going?"

"Everything's pretty well."

"Still got the kid running around huh?"

I chuckled a big.

"Yep. Still being Sophia."

"That's nice Ashley. So er...you know the album deadline is in a week right? We can't keep holding it off. It's album or no album."

I searched through my thoughts hoping to find what I was looking for. Was it really? We couldn't pull that off.

"Ashley...you have a kid now. She's a lot of work, and I know you two don't want to leave her while we're on tour. I think it's time."

" No! Andy would be devastated! We can't just stop Black Veil Brides! You know how hard he's worked to keep this band going!"

"Ashley listen. It was a long run. Look how big you guys are. You can always make a come back, but for now it's time to call a quit."

He was right. He was right in every way, but I can't do that to my Andrew. I can't let him down.

"Okay Jon. I'll tell the guys and Andy. Thanks though. It's been a pleasure working with you man."

"You too buddy. Good luck."

"Thanks man. Bye."

The called ended and by that time I had pulled up at the house. Jake's car was parked outside. That's good. I'll have three down and one to go.

I walked to the door and didn't bother to knock. CC and Jake were playing a video game and Jinxx sat on the side cheering for CC.

"Sup guys!"

"Yo Ashley!" Jake said while holding up a beer.

Ah...good ole alcohol. At times I miss it but I've been alcohol free for a good seven years.

"How goes it?" I said while sitting next to Jinxx.

"Well...you know Jake...invited himself over...and he...JUST GOT HIS ASS BEAT IN CALL OF DUTY!"

I laughed at my overly excited friend. God do I miss CC running around like a rat on crack. We joked around for a while before I decided to give the news.

"Guys. I need to tell you all something."

"Ugh. Sounds serious." Jake said.

"Yeah it is. Very."

"Is something wrong with Soph again? No! Please don't tell me that. The poor kid just got well again! I can't handle seeing her sick again! I mean with what happened the last t–"

"CC chill out. Sophia's great."

"Nothing's going on between you and Andy right?" Jinxx asked.

"No. Andy and I are great too. This has an affect on all of us. I got a call from Jon today. The album dead line is a week away. We're obviously not ready. You know with Sophia and all it's hard to get work done because we're trying to raise her. Jake you're engaged now. Jinxx, CC you're here all of the time. It's just impossible for us to get work done. Jon and I suggested that–"

"We end Black Veil Brides." Jinxx finished.

"Yeah..."

The room was silent for a few moments then CC began to spoke.

"I think it is for the best...I mean Black Veil Brides is one of the best things that's ever happened to me. All good things must come to an end. We've been in this since we were 18. Look at us. We're in our late 30's now."

"Yeah...and now I can spend less time on the bus and in the studio and maybe visit London with Ella."

"Yeah and you and Andy can finally go to Hawaii like you wanted."

"Nah. We're not going that far without Sophia and she hates the idea of Hawaii."

"So we're actually splitting?"

"Just the band. We were best friends even before Black Veil Brides. It'll always be the way."

"So it's official? No more Black Veil Brides?"

"No more Black Veil Brides." I repeated.

That silence filled the room again.

"Dude...Andy's not here. We can't just end his band without him knowing."

"I'll break it to him. He'll be devastated, but he'll know that it's for the best."

"I hope you're right. I don't want to see a sad and pissed off Andy." CC said.

"It'll be fine guys. Who wants to break it to the fans?"

The three just glanced at me. I sighed and shook my head.

"Guess I'll do that too."

"Man. I can't believe it's over."

"We can always make a come back though CC. I just think it's best."

"I know. Of course it's for the best. It's just that BVB has been my life for so long."

"Yeah tell me about it 20 fucking years."

"Right. Best time of my life too. Who would have thought? We were just give guys with a dream." Jake said

"You're telling me. If it wasn't for Andy we wouldn't have gotten anywhere." Jinxx added.

Right after he finished his sentence my phone rang."

"It's Andrew." I announced.

The room got quiet as I answered the phone.

"Hey babe."

"Hey Ashy! Where'd you go. You're not home."

"Oh I just went to Jinxx and CC's to hang you know."

"You alright?"

"What do you mean?"

"You sound...I don't know...you sound despondent."

"I'm fine babe. Did you need something."

"Oh yeah. Go to the bad house."

"The band house? Do the guys need to come too?"

"No–no. Just you."

"Alright babe. I love you."

"Love you too."

He hung up the phone first, and I made a loud noise.

"What is it?" Jinxx asked.

"He planned something. I hear it in his voice. I can't tell him tonight. He's too happy."

"Do it whenever you need. We'll do it if you want." Jake responded.

"No. I wouldn't put you guys through that."

"Oh good. I can't see little Andy that way. He'll break my heart." CC said.

"Well I guess I should go. He wants me to meet him at the band house for some reason. I'll see you guys."

"Bye Ash." They spoke in unison.

I waved and made my way outside. It's starting to get cold. We'll need to go shopping soon.

I opened my car door and drove to the band house. When I pulled up I could see Andy's car and all of the lights on in the old house. Andy stood on the front porch in skinnies and a t shirt.

I parked my car in the newly paved driveway and got out. Oh yeah. A few weeks ago he said he was taking some money out of the back for improvements. Now I know what he was talking about.

I walked up to the beautiful Andy and pecked his lips.

"Welcome Mr. Purdy. May I show you around the Andrew Inn?"

I laughed a little and grabbed his hand.

"What is all of this Andy? Where's Soph and I thought you were with Sammi."

"Nope. Got Sophia up early and took her to moms. She's been there all day. Me and Sammi went shopping then we came to this place. Now I want to treat you to a night just us. Now follow me."

He took my hand and showed me around the house. It started off with a dinner that he tried so hard to cook. He then dragged me into what used to be Jinxx's room and played a piece on the cello that Jinxx had taught him.

The night ended with watching old videos and Andy making me feel on top of the world. He asked me if something was wrong many times but I just said no. I couldn't tell him tonight. He was just too happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! I'm gonna start off by saying I'm so fucking sorry. I'm so lazy and I'm such a procrastinator. I really have no excuse as to why I haven't uploaded. So yeah. I'm just really lazy and I don't even know. Here you are. I'm so sorry. I'll also try to update Our Pain Will Shine A Light later too. Thanks for being pacient with me and as always I love you all.