Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day Uncle Jinxx and Uncle CC Adopted Their Child

Chapter 22

CC's POV.

"No."

I slowly nod, clasping onto Jinxx's hand. My heart gradually beats faster we I watched the red headed receptionist glide her fingers over the key board.

"No." She said again.

I felt my heart breaking, and I knew Jinxx was just as upset.

"And no. I'm sorry Mr. and Mr. Mora, it just seems as though you're not eligible."

"But Andy said–"

"Our policies have changed since then. I'm sorry. You do not have a stable job. It might have been different if your band was still together, but it's not. Our policy clearly states that at least one person in the house hold has to have a steady job."

"Wait! I still make music for other people. I do instrumentals for movies and I sell. My stuff sells. That's gotta count for a job right?" He stammered.

She looked at us through her glasses for a moment and sighed. She polled a file out from her desk and handed it to him.

"Then I guess you better change your job status."

He hurried and reached for a pen before writing 'composer' In the blank.

"Very well then. Follow me to our orphanage."

A smile made its home in my face, and we followed Mallory around the building.

"So how is Sophia?"

"She great and sassier than ever." I told her with a smile.

"Yeah she is. She just started school too."

"That's great."

"So what do you do around here?" I asked.

"I'm actually in charge of the place now, but I'd rather be showing people around than doing paper work."

"I'd probably feel the same."

She smiled at us, and we continued to walking silently.

We finally made it to the west wing which was blocked off by double doors.

"This is our ages two to five wing. Females are on the right side and males are on the left. We've made a few pre decisions and we want to introduce you –"

She was interrupted by an alarm. Without a thought she busted through the double doors all while dialing a number on her phone.

"Code red! We have a code red in the west wing. Get the paramedics to this side!"

She didn't wait for a reply before sliding the phone in her pocket. Jinxx latched onto me.

"What'd' say code red! Where do we go?" He asked panicked.

"This way!" Mallory yelled.

The smell of smoke started to fill our noses. He and I ran to the fire escape along with all of the boys and girls. Mallory closed these two big doors that I didn't notice before and picked up her phone again. We were just heading outside when Jinxx stopped and turned around.

"What is it!" I yelled over the commotion.

"There's a kid! Look!"

Though the windows that were on the wall you could see a little boy crying. He was in our view until he fell.

"Someone help him!" I yelled.

Mallory turned around and pulled at my arm.

"There's nothing we can do. The doors closed and can't be opened until the fire fighters get here."

Jeremy looked at both of us before breaking from my hand and running towards the door.

"Mr. Mora!" Mallory yelled.

"Let him go." I said calmly. I knew him and I knew we weren't going to talk him out of it.

We watched him break the glass window with the force of his body. He climbed in and disappeared into the smoke. I stood there anxiously waiting for him to show up again and he did.

He carried the boy in his arms and caught up with Mallory and I. We ram down the hallway until we were outside in the open air.

Without a though Jeremy lifted the boy's shirt and started CPR. Everything was hectic, and I didn't know what to do. I looked and Jeremy who desperately tried to save the boys life. I looked at Mallory who was yelling into her phone. Then I heard coughs coming from the little boy under Jinxx. Mallory and I ran to them. Jinxx sighed in relief before looking over and grabbing me.

"Are you alright?" I asked him checking for marks or burns.

"Yeah I'm fine." He puffed out of breath.

The paramedics came and aided to the boy. They had moved all of the children to the other side of the building. And thankfully with the help of Jinxx no one was hurt.

Apparently a kid had got hold to a match. Only a fifth of the wing got damaged though which is good. We waited at the agency for another hour or two before Mallory appeared in the office.

"I'm sorry about that. We can continue if you'd like."

"Where's the kid?" Jeremy asked.

"He's fine now. He's in our nurses office being mended to."

"I want to see him."

"Mr. Mora I can assure you that he's fine."

"Please..."

"Very well. This way."

We walked down more hallways until Mallory stopped. She opened the door to a boy who stood about 3"5 he looked so scared but adorable at the same time. I crouched down in front of him and smiled.

"Hey little guy. I'm Christian, but most people call me CC. This is my husband Jeremy, but we call him Jinxx. He's the one that helped you. What your name?"

"Aaron."

"That's a cool name." I said.

"T–thank you. In Hebrew it stands for enlightened. "

Enlightened huh? Didn't know kids knew that word.

"And how old are you?"

"Five."

"Five huh? I have a seven year old niece. I think you too would get along."

"What's her name?"

"Sophia. Sophia Purdy."

"Oh."

He looked up at Mallory and I swear I saw him smile. I stood up and his hand latched to my leg.

"Can I come home with you Jinxx CC?"

I looked to Jinxx and he smiled and looked down at Aaron. Now he crouched down at eye level and held out his hand for a high five.

"Yeah. You can Aaron."

"Wait. Mallory..."

"Yes. Yes he can. If you follow me this way we can get his things and you'll be on your way."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! How goes it? I hope you all are having a wonderful day. Here's this chapter. Credit to my friend Kennedy aka purpleDinosaur! for the fire idea. She writes Bieber fan fiction. Yeah I know, but it's good writing! Anywhore Thanks for reading. I love you all!