Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day You Met Your Cousin

Chapter 23
Andy's POV

"Ashy!" I called from our room.

"What is it Andrew?"

"Just got off the phone with CC. They adopted today."

"Oh really? That's great! When can we go see them?"

"I told him we would be there in a couple of hours."

"Great. Let me go brush Sophia's hair then we can go."

"Wait Ash. They want us to meet him first and talk to Sophia about it."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I guess they're afraid of her being jealous."

"She won't be." He said.

"Yeah I know, but it's what they want, and we're going to listen to them."

"Okay then. I guess I'll call Sammi to watch her." I shrugged.

"Sammi's going to be there too. Can you call Juliet or something? She wouldn't mind."

"She'll probably be there too. I could call Amber wouldn't mind getting her."

"Okay then."

Ashley left the room to call Amber and I grabbed my wallet and phone. We sat around for an hour waiting for her and Jacob to show up. They picked up Sophia, and we left right behind them.

______________________

Ashley drove us to the house. From the looks of it everyone was already there. We stepped in not bothering to knock like always. The living room was empty, but we could see people standing in the hallway crowded in the door.

"Andy, Ash, come here." Sammi whispered waving us over.

"Why are you guys just standing here, and why are we whispering?"

"Look at them." Jake said while pointing.

Ashley and I peeked though the door to see Jinxx sitting cross legged in front of the kid who I assumed was Aaron. He had short dark brown hair, and he was short for his age. Soph was probably a foot taller than him at that age, but I guess girls do grow faster.

It was clear that Jinxx was talking to him, and he seemed to be listing pretty well. Jinxx looked up at everyone and nodded. CC led us into the room, and we all stood there smiling like idiots.

"Aaron this is your family now. This is Sammi. She's the nicest aunt ever. This is Jake, your uncle, and this is Ella, his wife. She'll probably spoil you too. This is Andy and and this is Ashley. They're your uncles too."

"You're the ones with the daughter right?"

"Yeah buddy." Ashley said.

"Where is she?"

"Well we wanted to wait for you to meet her. Maybe another time." CC replied.

"Oh."

"Mr. Jeremy?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I take a nap?"

"Of course you can. This is your room now. Make yourself at home. We're in the living room if you need anything."

He nodded, and we gradually filed out of the room. We sat around just talking, and I'll tell you, the smiles on their faces were bigger than they ever have been. The smiles and laughter came to an end quick through. Horrible screams filled our ears and, like fathers, Jinxx and CC rushed to the room where Aaron was. We followed behind them, and surveyed the room. Aaron was on the bed kicking and screaming, but his eyes were still closed. Jeremy and CC immediately rushed to him. Their first reaction was to shake them, but I stopped them before they could. Ashley used to have nightmares all the time. I learned that shaking him would just make him more scared.

"Don't shake him. Pat his back, and talk to him. Call his name softly. Don't yell."

Jinxx stopped and looked at us. You could see the distress in his eyes, but he listened. They each sat beside him, and rubbed circles into his back. They calmly spoke, telling him to wake up. Aaron calmly opened his eyes and looked up at the two before he started crying. His brown eyes were wet with tears, and he sobbed into Jinxx.

"I miss my mommy." He cried.

"We know...we know." CC whispered.

I looked at Ashley and felt my heard drop. None of us knew what it was like to loose our parents except for Jake, but he still had his father. The truth is that Aaron had no one but us. No one likes starting over especially with people you don't know.

"Ashley I think we should make Amber bring Sophia. He needs a friend right now, not five grown men crowding him." I whispered.

"I agree. I'll text Amber and wait for her outside."

"Okay."

He walked away unnoticed. Jinxx and CC sat there looking sad, not knowing what to do to calm him. The rest of us just stood in the door watching, all of our hearts hurting. I seemed to be the only person who heard the door opening, and I could hear Sophia's soft little voice. She and Ashley came down the hallway hand in hand.

"Jeremy, Christian." I spoke up.

They looked up at us and saw Sophia Ashley's hand and peeking into the room.

"Andy we said we did–"

"I know, but he needs a friend."

CC got up from the bed, and came outside closing the door.

"What is your problem!" He whisper yelled.

"CC do you want him to sit in that room scared for the rest of the night or do you want him to be comforted by a friend."

"I thought the least you could do was respect our–"

"Uncle CC, who's that?" Sophia asked pointing to the closed door.

He looked at me and I gave him the 'I'mAndyandItoldyouso' look. He sighed and shook his head before crouching eye level to Soph.

"He's your new cousin Aaron. Uncle Jinxx and I adopted him, like your Daddy and Papa adopted you. He had a mommy who took care of him, but something happened to her. Now he doesn't have anyone so we're going to be his new daddy's. He's sad right now and needs someone to be his friend. Can you do that for me?"

She looked up at Ash and I and nodded her head.

CC stood up and grabbed her hand. He opened the door and walked her over to Jinxx.

"Aaron his is Sophia. Soph this is Aaron."

"Hi." Sophia squeaked.

"H–hi."

"I'm Sophia. I'm your new cousin. I'm 7. How old are you?"

"Five."

"Why are you crying?"

"I miss my mommy."

Sophia looked over at us in the door again before taking a breath and looking back at him.

"It's okay to cry because you miss her. My Papa told me that sometimes people leave for a reason. They make room for other good people."

"But I still miss her."

"In didn't know my mommy, but my Papa said that she loved me. Your momma loved you too."

"I know."

"Then you'll be okay. Uncle CC and uncle Jinxx are the best. They're not mean either."

Aaron smiled a bit, and it caused CC to burst into tears at the other side of the room. He was suposed to be the dominate one of tue relationship, and he was crying.

"Sophia can you be my friend."

"I already am your friend and family."

He smiled and thanked her and she hugged him.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah Soph?"

"Can I have one of your bracelets?"

I looked down at my many bracelets and got the smallest one. I untied the beads and walked it over to her. If anything Soph loved Never Take It Off Bracelets, and she she already knew how the worked. She took it from my hand and grabbed Aaron's wrist. She tied it the first time, and told him to make a wish or a promise. He closed his eyes and opened them back up giving Sophia the ready to tie it again.

"Thank you." He said.

"You're welcome."

__________________

For the rest of the night Sophia and Aaron played, sung, danced, and performed for us. CC couldn't stop crying and Ashley couldn't stop taking pictures. CC eventually apologized for getting upset with me, and by the time we went home Sophia and Aaron were out for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! I don't know why it was so hard for me to write that. I'm thinking about adding another time lapse, but Sophia's going to be much older when it happens. I don't know. Do you guys want more little Sophia? There's not much more I can write about, you know? Anyway thanks for reading. I love you all.