Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day That Was Supposed to Be Relaxing 2/2

Chapter 25
Andy's POV

"Thank you sir. Come back again next year."

"I will and thank you."

After putting my shades on, I went outside to my car and looked over my receipt from the costume shop. We got Sophia a custom made masquerade mask and a matching dress. Ash and I were hosting a Halloween party this year, and Sophia invited nearly everyone at her school. I had to pick up somethings for that too.

After stopping at Starbucks and getting coffees for each of us, I pulled up to the school and waited for Sophia. She came our with her head down and a frown on her face. Having to see her like this bothered me. That bright smile that she used to have is now just a simple stretch across her face, and she complains about school non stop.

She threw her things in the back seat before hoping in beside me.

"Hey Soph. How was you day?" I asked while leaning over and kissing her head.

"Good." She said with fake smile.

I just looked at her. She met my eyes and shrugged.

"I'm okay."

I sighed, nodded my head and started to drive home. Once we pulled home she rushed to open her door, but I locked it on my side before she could.

"Please tell me." I begged.

"What are you talking about?"

"Something's bothering you. You're my daughter. I know you."

"Yeah, but I'm not really your daughter, am I?"

There was a sharp pain in my chest. I've been raising her since the day she was born and all of a sudden she's not my daughter? The worst part is that I couldn't argue with her. All that came out was a pathetic little whisper from me.

"Wow. That hurt."

She didn't even say anything, but jumped out of the car and ran into the house. I followed her, both of us heading to our rooms. Slamming the door, I went to the bed and sat cross legged. I waited on Ashley because I knew he'd check on her, and I knew she wouldn't say anything, then he'd come to me for my side of the story.

My theory proved right when he walked in and noticed the small streams falling down my face. He closed our door and sat down beside me.

"Hey there. What happened beautiful?"

I shook my head not wanting to talk, but to just he held by him. He got the clue and scooted in beside me.

"Distract me." I spoke in a whimper.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. Talk to me. Sing. Do something."

"Okay then. Well. I was cleaning up the house and what not and I found a box in our closet. Remember years ago when we all lived in the band house? It was like right when we started being a band. We all were 18 except for you, but your parents agreed to letting you stay since your birthday was three months away. Do you know how much fun we had back then. When everything was new. That box was filled with the pictures that we had on our wall. Remember when we'd by a different frame for each one to make it look cool? I had a blast looking at those. I wish you would have been here with me."

I smiled and leaned down to kiss my husband.

"You gonna talk to me now? What happened between you too.

"I don't know for sure, but I surely know that, that girl is not the Sophia I'm raising. Something's wrong. She's acting like I was when I saw her age. I know the changes anywhere. I'm not letting her end up like me. I think she's getting bullied Ash."

"Well what did she say to you?"

"I told her that I knew something was up because I was her dad, and she told me that I wasn't her real dad and left. That just upsets me so much! I know I'm not biologically her dad and I know that she has to dads, but even if Alison would have kept her she wouldn't have had a father figure. Ali told us that he left after he found out."

"I know Andy. She doesn't know that though. We need to talk to her."

"Right now?"

"Yes Andrew, right now."

I sighed, and he helped me up. I made sure my eyes were in check before heading for her room. I started to walk in before I stopped. I stopped Ashley too and tried to pay attention. There was another voice in the room and identified it as Jacob's.

"I get that Soph, but c'mon. You're really gonna let that jerk come between you and the two people you love the most?"

"But Jacob he's right! Since when is it normal? Why was I the one to get two dads? I didn't choose that!"

"But you realize that those same two dads provide for you like no one else will or can? They quit their band for you. Not just a garage band, but their world famous band for a girl who was seven years old."

"But Jac–"

I decided to make our presents known.

"Oh crap. Hi. Sorry. I should have asked. Soph needed me and I made my way over here. I'll go if you want I mean I didn't–"

"No. No. You can stay. We have some personal things to talk about and I think it'd be best if you stay to comfort her. If it's alright with you two." I started.

He looked at Soph and she nodded. He took a seat in her desk chair. Ash and I sat on the desk opposite of her.

"Soph. I understand where you were coming from. I can't relate, but I understand. No. I'm not your real daddy and Ashley isn't either. We've talked about some of the things your mother said, but we knew her."

"You knew her, knew her?"

"Eh yeah...we spent about seven months with her before you were born."

Ashley began to speak, "Her name was Alison. She was about 17 when she got pregnant with you. She said the couldn't raise you, and her mother wasn't willing to. Her mother was a bitch actually. Sorry to put it that way, but that's just how it is. When she found out that her grandchild was going to two gay men, she freaked. I went to go get Ali for an ultrasound, and her and her mother got into a confrontation. She called me a few things, said something to Ali, and Alison snapped. Her mother slapped her and I stopped the situation before it could get worse and she moved in with us after that."

"She stayed in the band house with you?" Soph asked.

"No she stayed in the guest room of this house."

"Really?"

"Yeah. And remember your old bunk? You wanted that one, but you always made Ash and I get in with you. That bunk was hers."

"Wow...is there anything else?"

"She left a week after you were born. She said keep in touch and she loved you and left. We haven't heard from her since."

"So my mom was a good person?"

"She was. She had a big heart too. Just like you."

"And my biological father...you never met him?"

"No. Ali just told us that he left. She didn't speak anything of him."

Ash pulled his wallet out of his pocket and pulled out a picture.

"We took this the day after you were born. It's all of us. Andy, Me, Juilet, Sammi, Ella, Both pairs of moms and dads, and then the guys. Alison's the one holding the baby and the baby is you."

Ash handed me the picture and I passed it to Sophia. Her and Jacob looked at it before years spilled from her face. Jacob wrapped an arm around her, and took the picture away.

"Daddy Papa. I'm sorry. I love you too and I'm so thankful. I don't know why I let people get into my head, and I just–"

"We know darling. We love you too. You're not biological ours but you're the best thing that's ever happened us." I said.

She continued to cry and make her way to me.

"I'm so sorry Daddy. I love you."

"Shh. I know BatKitty. I know."

"Papa..."

She reached out for Ashley and he joined us in our hug.

When we finally pulled away I kissed her on the forehead.

"I'm gonna go shower. Jacob feel free to stay. I'll order pizza for you two."

He nodded and have a smile before Ashley and I left the room.

I grabbed his hand pulling him down the hallway and to our bed. I scooted as close to him as I could get because I was still really upset.

"What's still bothering you babe?"

"I don't know Ashy. Something else is up, but not with her, with you."

"Promise not to freak out."

It was a bad thing if Ashley was telling me not to freak out. I was the relaxed and calm one. Him telling me not to freak out made it worse.

"I can't promise anything."

"Okay then just don't yell and let me do the talking."

"Okay..."

"Jacob stopped by earlier and told me that Soph's dating a football player. I believe he's in high school, but somehow they get to see each other."

"She's dating...and she didn't tell me?"

"She didn't tell either of us."

"I know, but she didn't tell me! I mean I wouldn't have over reacted. I would have really talked to her about this. Did she tell Sammi? I wonder if she told Sammi? I don't know if I'm excited or upset."

"You should be upset! She went against our wishes, and there's no telling how old he is."

I sat back down and sighed. Okay, I guess I have to be tough dad now.

"Do we have to talk to her again?" I asked.

"Yeah."

I groaned out loud and stood up once again.

"It's now or never. Let's go."

I continued walking to the living room while Ashley grabbed the two from her room. Sophia sat on the couch and looked at us as if nothing was wrong. I sighed and shook my head.

"I'm just going to come out and say it. Soph we know about the football player."

"What are you talking about?" She asked straight faced. Wow. She's been around me too much.

"Sophia Elyeece Purdy, you know what we're talking about. What Phil is his name?"

"Oh Phil? No, just friends. Nothing more."

"Sophia don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying. Ask Jacob."

He made eye contact with me and basically begged me to help him. I shook my head and looked back at Soph.

"Fine. I believe you. If I find out at you're lying you're in trouble, got it?"

"Okay."

I squinted my eyes at her and sighed again. I just walked out of the room without saying another word. Grabbing my notebook, I sat on the bed and started writing. I don't make music anymore, but every since I was a kid writing was my escape. Honestly, I don't know whys she'd lie to us. There's even a possibility that she is telling the truth and Jacob is lying, but I've known that kid for a while. He's like a son to me. I don't know why he'd lie either.

"You look stressed. Put the notebook away and go to sleep. I'll keep an eye on them."

"It's just bothering me. I know that girl, and I fell like she's not telling the truth. When has Sophia ever lied to me? Is she really that concerned about her popularity?"

"It's hard for teenagers baby. You remember what that was like."

"No I really don't. I never tried to fit in. I didn't have any friends until I met you guys, but I was oaky with that. I just didn't like the bullying."

He looked as if he was about to say something, but he just stopped. Unexpectedly, his lips came in contact with mine and like always my worries flooded away. In my heart I knew that's etching was seriously wrong, but I also knew that she loved us, and I knew she'd come to us when she was ready
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! How goes it? I didn't read over this so sorry for any typos. And I've noticed that it's really hard to keep up with who's saying what. Honestly, I don't think it matters. You choose who's saying what. I'm trying though. For some reason I don't like my writing like I used to. Eh whatever. Thanks for reading, and I love you all.