Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

Halloween 2/3

Chapter 27
Jacob's POV

I on the ground by the big tree in their back yard and smiled at random people who walked by. I know everyone at this party, but I couldn't give two fucks about any of them. I was just keeping my eyes on that Phil guy. I swear if he does one thing to hurt her, I'll hurt him even worse. I'm upset with her, but she's my best friend. I just wish she'd get a higher self esteem. I just don't understand how you can be daughter of two rockstars and still want so much popularity. It just doesn't matter. When we get out of high school no ones going to care.

"Jacob why aren't you up mingling?" Andy asked me.

"I don't know."

"There's gotta be a reason."

"Honestly, I really don't like any of these people."

"You don't know all of these people. You've got to get to know someone first."

"They're all jocks and cheerleader's who only care about who they get in bed next. I just wish Soph could see that."

He sighed and sat down beside me.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with her. She's got so much potential, and she's wasting it. I know how hard it is to deal with people in school, but I made it out and turned out great."

I nodded and continued the conversation.

"So do you know about Phil?"

"Yeah, Ash told me what you said."

"Oh."

"Does he treat her right? What's he like? How old is he?"

"Well. I guess he treats her right, he's tall and likes sports, and he's 17."

Andy choked on his coffee that he was sipping on and stood up.

"17?!"

"Mr. P calm down. Lower your voice. She doesn't know that I haven't told you."

He looked around and sat back down beside me.

"You're right, but 17?"

"That's why I don't have a good feeling about this. She won't even listen to me."

"She's stubborn. She got it from me." He said.

"You did a great job with this party you know."

"Thanks. We threw a lot of parties back in our day. The band house we lived in before Sophia was born was big enough. Even before that Ash, Jake, Jinxx, CC, and Sammi used to have a blast no matter whose house we were at."

"I bet you guys were the coolest."

"Eh not really. We were just teenagers with big dreams."

"But you followed those dreams."

"Yeah we did."

"Do you miss the Rockstar life?"

"All the time, but I'm still living my dream. I married a damn good husband, have a beautiful daughter, and I'm good friends with her best friend."

I smiled at him which he returned.

"Thanks Andy. You're like a cooler dad to me. Thanks for the talk. You made me feel better."

"So what happened between you too anyway?"

"Argument about Phil."

"Ah. So who is this Phil guy anyway?"

"Take a guess."

He looked around the back year until he noticed another person in a masquerade mask.

"Is it that kid?"

"Yep."

"He's a little lanky for a guy in sports."

"He's tough though."

"Eh...I could take him."

I chuckled but my smile disappeared when I noticed Phil arguing with his ex girlfriend. I nudged Andy with my elbow.

"What do you think they're arguing about?" I asked.

"I don't know. You should investigate."

"They know I'm Sophia's friend. They'll stop once they see me."

"They're by our room's window. Go in through the front door, go to my room, and sit by the window."

"I don't think we should."

"Fine then I'll go."

"Wait Mr. P, don't you think that's a little creepy."

"Don't really care. I'm still a kid at heart and my kid self loved batman. I'm going to find up what they're up to and stop the crime."

"Fine. I'll do it."

"Knew I could talk you into it. Batman brain powers."

I sighed and did as he told me. I walked to the furthest room down the hallway and to the right. Their window was already cracked so I stood by it carful not to make any noise.

"I'm not doing it. Cassie."

"Why not? This was the plan."

"No, but she's different. I like her. I like her a lot."

"Snap out of it idiot. Just do this now, and later we can go have some fun."

"Stop Cassie. This whole thing is stupid. I really like her."

"She's 13. Get over yourself."

"This was your whole fucking idea. You're just jealous that I like her. She's funny, beautiful, smart, and unlike you she has respect for herself."

"If she had respect for herself then she wouldn't be dating a grown man. Whether you like it or not you're too old."

"Look I know that, but I'm not breaking up with her in front of everyone. I'm going to be like a decent person and tell her in private face to face."

"This. Was. Not. The. Plan."

"I don't care about the fucking plan! I'm not doing it."

"Then I will."

"Cassie stop! This is her house! This is her party! This is someone's life you're dealing with."

"What are you talking about?"

"She's not a happy person. It's clear that she has no self esteem. She told me that if it wasn't for her ONLY friend that she'd be dead, so stop with the bullshit. I'm going to go talk to her."


There were a few more whispers before it was clear that they weren't there anymore. I didn't know what to do. If I told Sophia, she wouldn't believe me. If I told Andy he'd probably start something. If I told Ash all hell would break lose. If I didn't say anything then I'd feel guilty.

"Jacob?"

I jumped at the voice but it was just Ashley.

"Oh hey Ash."

"What are you doing in here."

My heart sped up and I looked around. Fine. I guess I'll tell him.

"Mr. P you have to promise not to get upset."

"Okay..."

"I overheard the Phil guy talking to his ex about Sophia."

His face lowered a bit. He shut the door, and sat on the bed.

"And?"

"From the sound of it this whole thing was just a hoax to embarrass Soph."

Silence filled the room. One thing was obvious though, Ashley was going to lose it. He was trying to hold it in, but I've know that man since I was three. There was no holding it in.

"Fuck. She's too young for this! This is what we were afraid of! She's too young to get hurt like this. The worst is that she won't know how to deal with it. I've got to tell Andy."

"But what about Soph?"

"There's no preventing it. You know her. Just be there for her."

"Always."

"Thank you Jacob. Now there's nothing to do but wait."

I nodded and followed him out of the room. I prayed that she'd be alright and I prayed that this whole thing wouldn't be a disaster.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! How goes it? I'm really getting back into this uploading thing. I hope you enjoyed. Um. So yeah. Thanks for reading. I love you all!!