Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day You Met Him

Chapter 29
Sophia's POV

"Soph, time for school."

"I'm already up. Where'd did Jacob go?"

"He went to the living room after you fell asleep last night."

"Oh."

"Do you want to go to school today? I completely understand if you don't. I won't make you go."

"No I want to. I'm your child. I'm defiantly not a coward."

He smiled at my complement and went down the hallway.

I threw on one of Daddy's old Black Veil Brides shirts, and put on clean jeans. My hair wasn't really a problem, so I just brushed it back and went to the kitchen to see what Papa had cooked. Every since I was little he'd always wake up and cook breakfast for me. Daddy would always stay in bed, but he'd always be there to get me after school. I loved those two more than anything in the world.

By the time Jacob and I were don't eating it was time to go. Papa kept making sure if I was okay no matter how many time I told him I was.

"Are you sure you can go today?"

"Yes sir."

"Okay. Call if you want to come home. Jacob keep an eye out please."

"I will Ash."

"Bye kids. Love you both."

"We love you too Papa."

I wrapped my arms around him and breathed in his scent before following Jacob out the door. We decided to walk to school today. He says he didn't want to let me walk in alone.
_________________

"You sure you want to go?"

"Yeah. I'm fine and I will be fine."

"We can always leave though. Don't think that you have to suck it up, I can call Andy or Ash in a heart beat."

"No really. I can do it."

"Okay then."

He opened the door to the hallways already flooding with kids. I walked I'm first, afraid that I'd see someone who was at the party, but I didn't.

"I'm going to first. I'll see you at lunch."

"Yeah."

He gave me a sad smile and walked in the other direction. I needed to drop my gym bag off at my locker, so that's where I was headed. There was a small card taped to my locker. I looked around to see if anyone was watching. Is this just another way to ridicule me? With a quick motion, I took it off and opened it.

Soph, I know you're mad at me, but please hear me out. She made me do it. If it were up to me I'd fix all of this, but it's not. Please call me. You have the number.
-Phil


I sighed and looked around again. Everyone was busy in their own conversations except for a girl with a huge smile on her face walking towards me. My guard was up, and I didn't plan on taking it down at al today.

"Hi, Sophia right?"

"Yes."

"Right. I'm Holly, Jenna Wright's older sister. Look I heard about what Cassie and Phil did to you last night."

Put on your brave face Purdy.

"Yeah..."

"It was horrible and stupid of her and–why was I friends with her? She dropped me after she and Phil broke up. Well I guess they never did, but whatever. What matters is that everyone knows who she is now. I mean you're just a kid, and she ridiculed you in front of your own parents."

"Don't remind me. Did you need something or?"

"No. I just wanted to give you these cupcakes. There's two incase you want to give one to someone else. They're chocolate with vanilla pudding in the middle. I hope you like them."

"Oh, um thanks."

"Sure. I'm really sorry for what happened, but over at the high school you're a hero. Everyone's giving Cassie the shoulder and no one's seen Phil."

"Thanks for being sincere."

"It's cool. Have a good day?"

I watched her walk away and looked at the container in my hands. I'll give them to Papa and Daddy. I hate chocolate.
_________________

"Five people?"

"Yes, plus two cupcakes, one pie, a gift card to not topic, and some flowers."

"Wow, what about Phil?"

"He wants me to call him."

"Well are you?"

"Maybe."

"Oh."

We sat in silence until a man walked up to us. He looked Daddy's and Papa's age, but he walked with a cane. He had brown eyes, brown hair, and a name tag that read Michael Fields.

"Sophia Purdy?"

"Yes sir."

"Hi. I'm the new guidance counselor. My last name is Fields, but I just prefer Michael. Someone called the front office in concern for you, and they wanted me to talk with you. You don't have to, but I really think it's in your best interest."

"No tha–"

"She'd love to." Jacob cut in.

He gave me the serious face and I sighed.

"Fine."

"Good. You can come right now if you want. I'll just email your next teacher so they won't mark you."

"Okay. Bye Jacob."

"Bye Soph."
______________

"Sophia Purdy huh?"

"Yep that's me."

"Cool. I went to school with a Purdy, but that doesn't matter right now. Tell me about yourself."

"You tell me about yourself first then I'll think about it."

"Guards. You can trust me."

"And you can trust me too."

"Fine. What would you like to know?"

"Hmm...How old are you?"

"43."

"Favorite color?"

"Don't have one."

"Favorite band?"

"AFI."

"Least favorite band?"

"Don't have one."

"Ever been arrested?"

"Yes. A lot back in high school, but I'm over that now."

A guidance counselor whose been to jail a lot? Okay then.

"Would you consider yourself to be a hero or villain?"

"Don't know. I used to be horrible. I've done some bad things, but that's in my past."

"Oh..."

"You ready to tell me about yourself?"

"Why not? I'm Sophia Elyeece Purdy. My birthday is the same day as my Papa's, Ashley, which is January 28. My dad is Andy, and I have the best aunt same."

"Wait. You said Andy and Ashley?"

"Yes."

"Andy Biersack and Ashley Purdy? You're their kid?"

"Yes, and I assume my Papa's the Purdy went to school with."

"Yeah he is...wow, I have heard about them since–"

"Since what? Whys you stop?"

"N–nothing. I got injured, and I was paralyzed. The doctors said wouldn't be able to do anything, but look at me. I couldn't even eat my own food. Now I'm walking, talking without that think on my neck, and I can run for a minute or two. I'm still recovering and that was 20 years ago."

"Well how'd you get injured?"

"Gunshot wound."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! How goes it? I wonder if anyone caught what's going on. Hm...anywhore, my friend Maggie is now on mibba. She's writing an original fiction. It's called Monsters Have Hearts Too. Go read my blog to find out more about that.

Also I wrote a Ron Pope song fiction. Fireflies thanks for reading. I love you all!