Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day Daddy Got Sick 1/2

The Day Daddy Got Sick 1/2
Andy's POV

It was about 1 am when the baby monitor woke us up. I sighed before unwrapping myself out of Ashley's arm.

"I got her." I mumbled.

"Are you sure?"

"I'll call you if I can't get her to calm down."

He popped my butt before I walked out the room.

I knew what the problem was as soon as I picked her up. I quickly changed her diaper before bouncing her. She still cried, and after five minutes I yelled for Ashley. He came in taking her in his arms. I kissed her head before leaving the room. Ashley came back less than a minute later.

"Why can't I get her to stop crying?"

"I don't know babe."

"What do you do that I don't? We do the exact same thing. Hold and bounce. That's all right?"

"Yeah but...I don't know."

I sighed before pushing my head into his chest.

"What if she really doesn't know that I'm here dad? What if she thinks that she's supposed to have a mommy and daddy. That's what she's been looking for. She doesn't think of me as her daddy."

"Of course she does. You've been with her from day one. She see's you everyday. She knows that somethings up. Thrust me she knows. She wouldn't have let you hold her that night in the hospital if she didn't know who you were.mc

"I still don't believe it."

"Okay. She loves you though. So do I."

I sighed before trying to make myself cozy.

"You know, grandma used to tell me not to go to sleep upset so make yourself happy. No. I'll do it for you. Remember when Sophia grabbed your thumb? Doesn't that count? I know what you were thinking when it happened. I know you. I know what you felt. If that isn't enough to prove then I don't know what is."

"I guess you're right."

"Of course I'm right. I'm Ashley fuckin Purdy."

"Doesn't mean you're always right."

"Yes it does."

"No it doesn't."

"Yes it does."

"No it doesn't!"

"Yes it does!"

Before I could say something again he jumped on top of me.

"Oh god please no Ash."

"Then admit that I'm always right."

"No..."

He put his hands in the tickling position and started pretending like he was tickling me even though he never touched me. I went into fits of laughter. I didn't realize how ticklish I was.

"Okay I quit! Just let me sleep."

"Fine. Only because you need it."

I cuddled into him again and fell asleep.

*•*•*•*•*•*•

My stomach hurting woke me up. I groaned out and curled into a ball.

"Ashy?"

When I opened my eyes the smell of food make me feel sick.

"Ashy!" I cried out.

"I'm cooking 'Drew!"

"I don't feel to good!" I yelled back.

"Give me a second and I'll come check on you!"

I laid there and looked at the time. I realized that it was only eight. Was he really going to wake me up this early?

I rolled around groaning. The fuck is wrong?

"Ashy..."

"I'm coming babe."

As soon as he said that Sophia started to cry.

"Don't get up I got her!" He yelled.

I pulled his pillow close to me and put my face in it. I smiled at the smell of Ashley's hair.

"Ya–ya. Ya–ya."

I smiled when I heard my daughter speaking. I looked up to see the two come into the room. Ashley sat down and helped me up with one arm.

"Morning love. What's wrong? Why aren't you feeling well?"

"My stomach hurts."

"My poor thing. I'll find you something to take."

"Okay."

I looked down and the happy faced Sophia who looked back at me with blue eyes.

"Glad my little Ba–ya is doing good today." I said while poking her nose.

"Da–ya!"

"I'm getting so sick of that ba–ya word."

"Aw. Daddy likes it."

"Da–ya!"

"Andy, I thinks she trying to say daddy."

"Really? You trying to say daddy?"

"Da–ya! Da–ya! Da–da! Dada!"

"Oh my god Ashley!"

"Dada! Dada! Dada!"

"Yes! Daddy! I'm daddy! Good job Sophia! Say dada?"

"Dada!"

"Ashely I'm going to cry! She said daddy! She said a real word!"

"Dada!" She cried reaching her arms out to me.

"Yeah. I'm daddy. I love you Soph."

"Dada!"

I smiled and bounced her on my leg. I looked up to see ash with his phone out.

"Stop it Ash. I haven't changed or anything. I haven't even bothered to put on a shirt."

"You're alright. Isn't daddy alright!"

"Dada! Dada! Dada!"

I smiled again though it was strained because my stomach still hurt. Ashley notice because well...he's Ashley.

"Babe you still feeling bad?"

"Yeah..."

"How about we take Soph to your parents house and we come back and cuddle."

"But...she hasn't been away from us since she's been born."

"She'll be with your parents. They know how to watch a baby."

"I know that Ash. They raised me, but Sophia cries when you're not within reach."

"She'll be fine."

"Okay whatever. Let me put on a shirt. Can you get her things together?"

"Sure babe."

He reached down and pecked my lips while taking Sophia out of my arms.

I got out of bed and just put on my shirt from yesterday. I slipped on my boots before walking to Sophia's room. Ashley was obvious to me. I watched him play with Sophia's feet. He sent kisses to them and squeezed lightly. I leaned against the door smiling. He noticed me and blushed a little. I walked towards him and put my arms around his waist; resting my head on his shoulder.

"You know she's not going to let you leave so how about we just call Sammi over to watch her?"

"Okay. Go get back in bed. I'm coming. Do you think you'll be able to eat something?"

"I don't know."

"I'll get Sammi to get you something that'll help you. Try to eat what I cooked okay? Don't worry about it. I'll do it. Just go back to bed."

"I love you so much Ashy."

"I love you too."

I kissed him before kissing Sophia's head.

"I love you too Soph."

She looked up sleepily at me. I smiled before kissing her head again and leaving the two. I went back to our room and grabbed some clean pjs before making my way to the shower. The heat made me feel a little better but it still felt as if someone was stabbing me in my gut.

Ashley had came in the bathroom while I was getting dressed again. He opened the medicine cabinet and looking at the continents.

"You don't feel like you're going to throw up do you?"

"Not really."

"Feel constipated?"

"No."

"Well all we have is stuff for constipation and nausea. Sammi will pick something up."

"Okay."

"You done?"

"Yeah. I guess."

He walked over and picked me up. My legs wrapped around his waist. In a few seconds he dumped me on the bed.

"Here you go love."

He gave me a plate full of fruit pieces.

"Really Ashley? I want your food."

"My food is going to make you feel worse. Eat it. I promise it's not that bad."

"Yeah because you like it. It's really all you eat."

"Why don't you like it?"

"It's crunchy and bland. It only has a sweet sour taste and it doesn't fill me up."

"It's not bland."

"Fruit isn't but vegetables are."

"I know you don't like it babe but it'll make you feel better."

"Fine Ashy."

"Good boy."

He kissed my lips but I pulled away. He looked confused and grabbed my hand.

"What is it? Did I do something? Is something wrong or–"

I put my hand up to stop him from talking. I bought his hand to my lips.

"I want to kiss you but I don't know what's wrong and I don't want to make you sick."

"Aw babe. I don't care if you're sick." He laughed.

"Aren't you scared that you're going to get sick?"

"I don't care really. Through sickness and health right?"

"You're so–"

"Purdys I'm here!"

"Back here!" Ash called.

Sammi walked back with a bag in one hand a Sophia in the other.

"Just going to leave this poor child in the crib."

"She was sleeping."

"Yeah I know but still."

We shook our heads at her and she gave the bag to Ash.

"Medicine and soup. The gum's for you."

"Thanks Sam."

"Sure Purdy. I'll be here with the little Purdy. I'll be up here if you guys need anything."

She walked out of the room and Ashley sat the bag aside. He started eating the fruit that I wasn't going to touch.

He pulled me next to him. I rested my head in his lap. He stroked my head while resting his other hand on my stomach.

"Have I ever told you how sweet you were?"

"All of the time."

"It's true you know. We didn't have to make Sammi come over. I could have been a man and toughened up."

"Nope. I want to take care of you. It's my job."

"Ashy..."

"Hm?"

"Are you okay with everything? You know like all of these changes and stuff?"

"What do you mean?"

"We have Sophia now Ashley. We haven't left this city since she was born. It's new to us. Are you alright with it?"

"What kind of question is that silly? Of course I'm alright with it. I'm a father. That's my biggest accomplishment. I couldn't care if we weren't rock stars or if our fans got upset. I have all I need right here with me. I have the two loves of my life. Fuck what other people say. I'm happy here. I'm happier than I've ever been."

I just smiled at him. He bent down and kissed my lips.

"I love that smile and I love those beautiful eyes."

"And I love you."

"I know. Who doesn't."

I giggled before hitting his arm.

"Here. You might want to take this."

He took the medicine out of the bag and gave me the correct serving. My face scrunched up in disgust. Ashley laughed at me and it upset me.

"Shut the fuck up. You're not the one who feels like crap and you're not the one who feels like he's about to cry and the one who had to call his best friend to come and watch his daughter and the one who's fiancé is laughing at him because he's sick!"

I tired blinking my tears away. I always got this way when I was sick and I hated it.

"I–I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"Nope. Shh...I'm sorry. I know how oh get and I should have watched myself. It's okay alright? You'll feel better in no time."

"It hurts Ashy."

"I know babe. Try to sleep it off okay?"

I nodded and curled into his side. He kissed my head before laying down with me.

"You know I was thinking about rewriting We Stitch These Wounds."

"Really?"

"I mean it's what got us where we are today. Those were the songs that we wrote in school. I think it deserves the glory."

"Sounds like a good idea babe."

I smiled before closing my eyes and trying to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone. How goes it? I'm sorry for making you wait for such a long time. I've been having family problems but I'm fine now. I'm actually listing to We Don't Belong while writting this. It's funny. That's what reminded me. Anyway. Thank you lovley. See you soon!