Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day Invited Him Over

Chapter 31
Sophia's POV
The next day.

"Mornin' darling."

"Hey Papa." I said while rubbing my eyes.

He walked over sitting a plate in front of me and kissed my head.

"Sleep well?"

"Better than usual actually."

"That's good. What changed?"

I took a bite of my eggs and a sip of my juice.

"Don't know. Less on my mind I guess. I've started talking to our school guidance counselor. He's cool."

"I'm glad you're talking to someone."

I nodded my head and picked at the food again.

"This is really good."

"Thanks. Made it with love. So...what were those flowers?"

Swallowing again, I rolled my eyes.

"Phil, apologizing and crap. Apparently Cassie was blackmailing him. He's been cheating on his exams to stay on the team."

"Oh. Well how do you feel about it then?"

"I accept his apology, you taught me to forgive right?"

"Well yeah, but you can't just–"

"Calm down, I'm not going back to him. You also taught me not to settle for less. If he cared more about being on the football team than being with me, he's obviously not worth my time."

"I'm glad you made that decision."

"Me too."

After placing my plate in the sink, I left my room to get dressed. I was putting on my bracelets, and I looked over at the cut up plants on my desk. How dare him? You think you can just write a letter apologizing and think that I'm going to take you back. Nope. Not a chance.

"Papa I'm leaving. Tell Daddy that I love him, and please don't forget to pick me up."

"He won't. I'll make him stay up today. I love you."

"Love you too, and can you tell him to wait until I call. I'm going to go see the guidance counselor, so I might be a little late."

"Okay, and hey, I really want to meet this guidance counselor. You said you just started going to him? Is there a way I can talk to them or?"

"Uh, we can go to dinner or something. No! You can cook dinner here. You know you're the ultimate chef."

"Okay sounds great. How about a Saturday?"

"Cool. Okay, I really have to go. Love you."

"Love you too. Have a good day and behave."

"I'll try."

I walked outside and met Jacob who was sitting on the front porch.

"What took you so long?" He asked.

"I was talking to Papa. You could have came in."

"Whatever. Let's go."

On the walk to school I told Jacob the whole story about Phil. I never told him about the kiss, and I needed to tell him about the roses.

____________________________

It was second period, and I was in the hallway before class. I was looking down at my tablet when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I assumed it was Jacob, but I was faced with a much taller person.

"Sophia, I've been looking for you."

I used one hand to get his off of my shoulder.

"Don't touch me. I'll have my dad here in a heart beat. I dare you to–"

"Wait, please just hear me out. Did you get my flowers."

"Yeah I got them and they're chopped up on my desk. I burned the letter. You don't mean a thing to me anymore."

"Sophia–"

"Shut up. I have to go to class."

"Sophia!"

I pretended like I didn't hear him, but he grabbed me by my arm pulling me back and causing me to drop my stuff.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled.

"Listen to me!"

"What's wrong with–"

"Sophia is there a problem over here?"

I turned my head to the tall figure with the walking stick and yanked my arm away from Phil.

"No, just assholes being assholes."

"Language."

"I would apologize but I'm not that sorry."

"Phil, right?"

"Yeah."

"Aren't you on the other end of the building? You should be getting there. You're late."

He stared up at Michael and walked around us. After he was down the hallway I bent down to

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem. If he bothers you again then say something. I'll be sure to see him get a punishment."

"He's honestly not even worth it."

"Whatever you say."
____________________

"Soph you riding with us again?"

"No, I'm staying with Michael. Daddy's picking me up."

"Okay then. Call me when you get home."

"Kk."

I grabbed the rest of my things, and made my way to his office.

"Hey Sophia, how are you?"

"I'm good. What about you?"

"Great."

"Well I guess I should get started. So I told you about the Phil thing, and when I got him yesterday there were flowers and a letter from him apologizing."

"Go on."

"So, I got rid of it and cut up the flowers."

"So what happened between you two?"

"He got angry because I didn't accept his apology."

"That's why he was getting aggressive?"

"Yeah."

"If he bothers you again then say something. Do you understand?"

"Yeah."

"Good. Anything else?"

"Well Daddy and Papa want to have dinner with you tomorrow."

"Dinner? With me?"

"Yeah why not?"

"Did you tell them my name?"

"No. I just figured that you'd reintroduce yourselves tomorrow."

"Sophia that not a good idea."

"Why not?"

"Me and your parents weren't exactly the best of friends."

"Well what happened between you guys?"

"It's a long story."

"I've got time."

"If your parents haven't told you then I'm not."

"Fine. Just show up. People change okay?"

"Okay then I will."

"Thank you. Not for just accepting, but for listing to me. I know I can talk to my parents or aunt Sam, but I always feel like they'd be disappointed in me."

"Don't. They're your family. They'll be proud of you in everything you do. You're a kid, and you're going to make mistakes. Just make sure you think about the well being of others before you act."

"I will."

"Is that all for today?"

"Um yeah. I'll see you tomorrow right? Oh and here."

I found a piece of paper and wrote our address down.

"Thanks. I'll be there."

"Cool. I'll see you. My dad's outside."

"Okay. Bye Sophia."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! How goes it? I'm so sorry. I really can't write in Soph's POV. There's not a lot going on there and she's an emotionless bitch. Lol jk. Anyway, so um yeah. I see you aren't happy about Michael back, but oh well. So yeah. I've been writing this story for a while. I usually finish writing in three months but this is going on for a while. I'm no where near finished either. I'm really excited about where I'm talking this, so stick with me. Thanks for all of the comments. It was like when I first joined mibba and people actually interacted with stories, but thanks for reading. I love you all.
Oh and I got on here from a computer and ew. I chagned the layout. It's not mine, but I don't feel like looking for the person that made it. Yeah...