Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day I Saw Him Again

Chapter 32
Ashley POV

It was 6 p.m. on a Saturday. I was finishing the dinner and as per usual Sophia was bugging me.

"Stop rushing me."

"But, Papa he'll be here any minute."

"Soph, you can't rush perfection."

"Whatever." She said rolling her eyes, but with a smile. Where's Daddy?"

"Don't know. He's been writing a lot so go look in the studio."

Sophia finally left me alone to finish up on the stir fry that I was making. I added more spices and left it to simmer while I sat at the table. I was snapped out of my fine dinning demeanor when Andy walked in and put his hands on my hips.

"You look beautiful." He whispered, kissing my neck.

"Thanks you," I turned around to face him, and kissed his lips. "You're not bad looking yourself."

"Aw, that's all I get?"

"If you behave, you'll get something else tonight."

"Okay then. I'll be a good boy."

I smiled at kissed him once again before going to the kitchen to turn off the food. I had everything ready, and the strawberry tart is in the refrigerator.

"Hey baby, do you think he'll want wine. We have to have something in here." I asked Andy from the pantry.

"Well I really don't want any, and you can't have any so nah. Save it for another day."

"Alright."

"Do you need me to do anything?" He asked.

"Er...just made some punch or something and throw some ice cubes in it. You do know how to do that don't you?"

"Yes I do Purdy." He said smugly.

"Good."

I put the rest of the food in containers and carried them to the dinning room. As soon as I went to sit the last one the down doorbell rang.

"Soph get the door!" I called.

A few seconds I heard voices and Soph came into the kitchen with flowers.

"He's here," She announced, "Where do you want me to put these?"

"Just sit them on the counter." I told her.

I sat the last container on the table and wiped my hands on my pants.

"I'm coming. Be there in a sec." Andy said without taking his eyes off of the bowl.

Sophia stood beside a man about Andy's hight who held himself up with a walking stick. He looked about my age, and I'd seen him before, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Hi. Ashley."I said walking up to the man with my hand out.

"Ashley?"

That voice. Those eyes. No. No. No. No. I stopped and tried to run, but I was grabbed on the wrist with a quick motion. The person let go and made a hissing noise, dropping the stick to put their hand on their shoulder. Sophia rushed to pick it up and make sure he was alright

"Ashy what–"

Andy eyes narrowed, and I made my way over to him, dragging Sophia by the arm and bringing her with me.

"Papa what is it?" She yelled panicked at my actions.

"Sophia be quiet."

Another look of panic went through her eyes, but she obeyed and kept her mouth shut. I stepped forward after I knew Sophia would stay there. I was young and scared and stupid, but now I know that I have to protect those close to me. He's not putting his hands on my daughter.

"Don't freak out. Don't freak out."

Andy pulled me back behind him with a jerk of my wrist. It hurt to say the least, but that's an angry Andy for you.

"How! When! Why! I'm armed and I dare you! I fucking dare you! No tears this time motherfucker. Just me and you!"

"Andy please–"

"Andy please what?! Please don't kill you like I should have done? Now I have another to protect. Now it's do or die. Leave and don't come back. If you do I'll kill your sorry ass."

"Daddy! What's your problem?"

Andy shut his mouth and put his hand down when Sophia questioned him. We haven't told her what happened, and I don't think Soph's ever seen Andy that angry. Sad? Yes. Angry? Hell no. There was a long silence and everyone's guard was up. Andy told Sophia to sit on the couch, he told Michael to stay where he was, and he pulled me to the side.

"What the hell is this?"

"I don't know." I told him, my voice shaking.

"Since when do convicted sexual predictors get jobs at schools?"

"I thought he was fucking paralyzed? What is he doing in LA and why is he talking to my daughter?"

"I don't know. How are we going to approach this?" He asked.

"I don't know. I don't want him here."

"I don't either, but Soph..."

I looked back over at her, and she seriously looked sick.

"I still don't."

"Ashy, he's crippled. He can't do anything. This is for Sophia..."

"Okay, but the minute he says the wrong thing..."

"I got it. Okay, are you sure?"

"Yeah..."

He leaned down and pecked my lips before walking back over to Michael.

"I apologize for my actions. I'm going to be honest. The only reason you're here is for Sophia. The dinning room is that way. If you try anything you're out of here, for good. Got it?"

He didn't say anything. Instead, he picked up his walking stick, and started walking. Sophia jumped ahead like a tour guide. We all got seated, and the was filled with tension to say the least.

"I guess you already know each other. These are my parents Andy, and Ashley. Daddy, Papa, this is Michael."

Another awkward silence filled the room until Sophia made an attempt to to break the ice.

"1.Why was the little strawberry crying? Because his parents were in a jam....badum tish...if uncle CC were here he...could...do the...rimshot."

"Yeah good one." Andy said sarcastically across the table.

"I've got another one. A mushroom walks into a bar and orders a drink. The bartender tells him to get out. The mushroom says, Why? I'm a fun guy. Get it? Fun guy...fungi? Yeah..."

"Sophia stop. I appreciate what you're trying to do, but stop." I said calmly

"Babe, can you pass me the rolls?" Andy asked from across the table.

With no words I picked it up and passed it to Soph who gave it to him. Soon food started flowing around the table and eventually everyone's plates were full.

"Do you mind if I say a grace?"

"Yeah I do." Andy snapped.

"Dad!"

"What Sophia?"

"That's really disrespectful." She whisper yelled.

"Pardon my disrespectfulness, but we don't practice religion here." Andy spat with no remorse in his voice.

"You know, since I've walked in that door I've been the nicest I have been all my life. I can't take the way you're treating me."

"What are you going to do about it?"

All of a sudden Michael's face changed from calm to angry, and he scooted from his chair in a quick motion, but I did the same. I was faster than him so I was in his face before he could do or say anything. Andy too stood up putting his hands on my shoulders from behind.

"Ashley, he's crippled." A whispered calmly to get me to calm down. There was no calming down now.

"Shut up Andrew," I shook his hand off and looked back at Michael. "Try something!" I yelled, "Do something motherfucker! Why are you standing up? Can't handle the pain? Is it too much? Huh!" I kept yelling in his face, but he didn't budge. I started talking low so only he and Andy could hear me,"Remeber when you had me handcuffed to that bed? When you took me away from Andy? Before you raped me? Remember what you asked me? How's Ashley for a change? Well guess what motherfucker. I'm great. I'm better than you've ever been or will be. A lot has changed over the years, and they've changed for the better. Fuck. You. Get out of my house. I'll be calling the school, and racking up a lawyer. Don't know why they would give sick bastards like you a job anyway."

"I'm a changed man Ashley Purdy. I'm sorry for all that I've done. I'll leave and I won't come back."

"Do that, and stay away from my daughter."

"Right. Goodbye Sophia."

She didn't say anything in fear that one of us would do something. He picked up his walking stick and made his way outside. Andy stood like a guard dog until the car was out of sight.

"Someone gonna tell me what's going on?" Sophia asked.

I frantically shook my head no to Andy. He nodded and started talking to Sophia.

"We'll tell you later. Look, go ahead and finish eating, and fix another plate to take with you, if you want. I don't want you stating here tonight. I'm going to call Sammi and ask if you can stay with her for the night alright?"

"Okay."

She walked back into the kitchen, and I cuddled into Andy's chest. Protectively, he held me .

"What does this type of stuff always happen to us? He was supposed to be gone! He was not able to walk. Why is he here? Why is he even in the school district?"

"I don't know, but I'll send an email tonight." He reassured me.

"Andrew, I'm scared."

"I know Ash. I'll protect you though. I swear."

"I don't want Sophia to stay here tonight."

"I know. I'll make her pack a bag, and we'll drive to Sammi's."

"Okay." I squeaked, little tears falling down my face.

"Hey, don't cry. You're going to ruin your pretty makeup. We don't want this beautiful face stained. "

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize."

"Okay."

He hugged me tight and kissed my head.

"Go clean your face. I'll put up the food."

"Thank you."

"Of course. You've worked your little butt off today."

"It's not little."

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

I rolled my eyes and wiped them with my hand.

"I love you."

"Love you more. You okay now?"

I nodded and reached up to kiss him again.

"I'm going to rest for a couple of seconds."

"Okay, I'll wake you up when Soph is ready."

"Okay."

He finally let go of me so I could walk to our room. I got in bed not bothering to change clothes. A picture on the nightstand caught my eye, and I smiled to myself. It was that little picture that Ashley kept in his wallet, but we had gotten it blown up. I looked at the baby Sophia and smiled. She's grown up too fucking fast. All of us were so young. Now Jake's married with a kid on the way. Jinxx and CC have an 11 year old. That's crazy. Sammi's still the same old Sammi, and our parents are still the same. And Black Veil Brides haven't toured in 6 years. Andy was thinking about making a greatest hits album, but Sophia was still his main priority.

I can't believe me and Andy are still together and going strong, especially after all that crap we went to. Shaking my head, I sighed and closed my eyes. Funny how fast time passes...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! How goes it. I tried to make this long and interesting, but it didn't work. Yeah...so I'm going to try to finish up this Michael thing then I'm going to take a break. My depression is trying to come back, and I don't want to write just to write. So yeah. Thanks for reading. I love you all, and sorry for any typos. I'm in class and the bell's about to ring.