Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day We Went To The Police Station

Chapter 35
Andy's POV

After a boring day, Ashley and I were getting ready for bed. I was telling him about the car ride home, and how Michael left his job.

"Wait, so she got mad at you?"

"Yes, and I yelled at her."

"You should have! She doesn't understand the situation!"

"Ashley, when are we gonna tell her?"

"Don't know."

"I don't know either Ashley, but we need to before she finds out. You'd think she'd google it or something by now."

"I don't think she realizes how serious it is. She thinks that it was just something petty."

"Ash, she needs to know. We're telling her tomorrow."

"No Andy, I don't want her to know."

"Ashley, she needs to. This is hard for her. I promise that you'll stop stressing when she knows."

"Okay."

"Okay...that was easier than I thought it would be." I said.

"Just be there with me. I can't tell her alone."

"Of course I will. I wouldn't expect you to do it alone. Get some more sleep okay?"

"I can't sleep anymore."

I opened my nightstand drawer, pulled out my prescription sleeping pills, and gave him one.

"That should help. Do you need some water?"

"No, I'm fine, but thanks babe.""

"Not a problem. I love you."

"Love you too."

_____________________________________

I was sitting on the couch, snuggled up to Ashley, watching Batman. We decided to have another day to relax, so we popped in a movie and made hot chocolate. Ashley had just dozed off, when there was a knock on the door.

"Andrew and Ashley Purdy, LAPD."

LAPD? No. No. No. What happened?

"Ash, get up. The police are outside."

"Police?"

"Yes!"

I got up from my seat, and answered the door.

"Andrew Purdy?"

"Yes, sir."

"May I come in?"

"Sure."

Ashley tidied the couch pillows and I turned on the lights.

"I'm officer Sebastian Stuart, I'm detective Lynn Stevens's partner. He worked on your case a few years back."

"Yeah, I remember him. I'm Andy, and this is Ashley. Can we help you?"

"Yes actually, we need you to come down to the station. I'm not allowed to ask you questions without you being under surveillance."

"Come to the station for what?"

"Someone's died and we think you were the last people to see them alive. We also need to speak to your daughter, if that's possible."

"Who is this about?" I asked panicked. Who did we see last and why do we need to go to the station. Why do they need to talk to Sophia?

"I'm not allowed to say sir. Is their anyone who can bring your daughter down to the station?"

"Yeah, I can call our friend Sammi."

"Thank you. There are two other police cars that will escort you to the station.You're not under arrest, but it'll look bad if you don't cooperate."

Ashley looked at me, his whole body shaking. What the hell was going on?

"Okay, Ash go get our jackets, keys, and phones. I'll be in my car."

He nodded and disappeared down the hallway. I stood at the door waiting on him. When he returned, I retrieved my things from him. Hand in hand, we walked outside, getting looks from the people across the street.

"I'm scared." Ashley mumbled.

"Me too, but it'll be okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! These titles are hard to come up with. I literally stare at the title bar for five minutes. Anyway, this is short so I'll upload later today if I don't forget. Wonder what's going on....Hm? Thanks for reading, and I love you all.