Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day You Started Your Period

Chapter 39
Seven months later
May

"In the case of second degree manslaughter; we the jury find the defendants Andrew Purdy and Ashley Purdy not guilty."

"As you can hear, the crowd behind the two men and their attorney irrupted into cheers. Judge Freeman eventually had to call for order. And now you can see the two men sharing a loving kiss, and sending a tear filled smile to the people behind them. We later caught up with a member in the jury.

An older woman with white hair appeared on the screen and Elsie Hale captioned her.

"It was obvious that Mr. Fields had mental issues and officers also found that he wasn't taking his medication. Andrew and Ashley Purdy were just looking out for their daughter. You have to look at the facts but you also have to ask yourself what you would do. There was no reason for these men to suffer because of Michael Fields's actions."

"There have been no words from any of the Purdy's."


I watched as the story of Michael flashed across the screen. Turning the tv off, I looked out the window at Ashley and Sophia. Jacob wasn't in my eyesight which wasn't weird. He would always wonder off by himself from time to time.

I got off the bed and headed outside towards the pool. Sophia and Ash were still splashing in the pool and Jacob was sitting under the tree that he loved so much for some reason. I walked over to him and took a seat in the grass next to him.

"What's up kid?"

"Nothing much. Just watching those two." He said, making a head gesture toward them.

"They're something aren't they?"

He nodded and paused for a moment, before looking up at me.

"Andy?"

My smile faded to seriousness. Jacob usually never refers to me and Ash by our names. It's usually Mr. B, Mr. P, Dad, or Pops. It wasn't like he couldn't call me Andy. I didn't mind at all. I just knew that something was up when he did.

"What's wrong?" I asked sympathetically.

"How do you tell someone something that you really don't want to?"

"Something like?"

"You have a secret, and it's killing you inside, but you can't tell someone in fear that they'll hate you."

"Jacob?...Are you gay?" I whispered.

He laughed and looked at his hands shaking his head.

"No, I'm not gay. There's just this girl that I like a lot, but I'm afraid to tell her."

"Oh. Well I don't know a lot about girls, but Sammi does. Why don't you talk to her?"

"I don't know her all that well."

"Bullshit. You've known her since you've know Soph."

"I know, but she acts...odd around me."

"That's just Sam being protective of Sophia. She's crazy like that. She'll know you forever and still treat you that way."

"Never mind. I'll figure this out eventually."

"Okay then. I'm going to order pizza. You in?"

"Of course."

I patted his shoulder and stood up, walking passed Soph and Ashley.

"Papa stop it!" Sophia yelled in fits of laughter.

"Make me Sophia Elyeece."

I smiled at my husband and daughter and pulled my phone from my pocket dialing our favorite pizza place's number. After placing the order I went outside to find the pool calm and Ashley laying on the ground, soaking up the sun.

"Honey, can you go pick up the pizza? I want to stay here with the kids."

"Honey?"

"I was just trying something different."

"I don't like it."

"Okay then." I said.

"But yes. I'll go right now."

I watched him stand up and stretch. He smiled at me and came over to give me a kiss before walking back inside. I looked around for the other two to see them quietly sitting under the tree, Sophia laying on Jacob's shoulder. I swear those kids will be a couple one day. Sophia talks about him a lot, but I'm not too sure about– oh.... That's who he likes. Hm.
____________________________________

Jacob had went home about thirty minutes ago and Ash hadn't came back yet. I was sitting cross legged, going through twitter when Sophia called me.

"Daddy!"

"Yeah!"

"Come here please!"

I walked down the hallway and peeked into her room. I noticed that it was empty.

"Where are you!" I yelled trying to figure out her location.

"The bathroom!"

I stood by the door, and started to worry a bit.

"Everything okay?"

"Can you call aunt Sam please."

"Sammi?"

"Yes please."

"Are you alright?"

"Daddy please just call her."

"Okay. I will."

I dialed Sammi's number before walking down the hallway.

Sammi: Hey Biersack Purdy. How goes it?

Andy: I think there's an emergency.

Sammi: What happened?

Andy: She didn't say. She just told me to call you.

Sammi: Are we talking about Soph?

Andy: Yeah.

Sammi: Where is she?

Andy: In the bathroom.

I heard her chuckle a bit.

Andy: What's so funny?

Sammi: You've now gotten an extra emotional teenage girl on your hands. Once a month for a whole week. Good luck. I'm on my way.

Andy: What does that–

My phone ended when she hung up. I went back to the door.

"She's on her way Soph."

"Okay..."

"Sophia?"

She didn't say anything but I could picture her raising her eyebrows like Ash always did to let me know that she was listing.

"Is it female thing?"

"Yes."

"Oh...okay then...do you need Ashley to get you something while he's out?"

"No daddy. I'm fine."

"O–okay. I leave you alone...I guess then."

I blinked a couple of times before going outside and keeping an eye out for Ashley and or Sammi.

Ashley pulled up first. I ran up to him, making him almost drop the pizza.

"Hey babe. Did you miss me or something?"

"Ashley, Sophia's started her period!" I whispered yelled.

"What?"

"She's started her period! You know! Girl things!"

"She's only 14!"

"How old do you have to be?"

"There's not really an age limit idiots. Move aside. I have to go be greatest god mother." Sammi said walking past us. I didn't even realize that she had pulled up.

Ashley was fixing his plate of pizza, and I sat in the living room playing with my hands. I saw the two come out of the bathroom. I could hear Sammi talking but I couldn't hear Sophia.

"No I'll tell them…You're welcome Soph… I'll tell them to get you something for that…no. It might be short one week and it might be heavy another, if you don't get it at all then tell someone…I said you're welcome sweetie…I love you too…get some rest. I'll call you tomorrow okay?"

Sammi's heels clicked down the hallway.

"Is she alright?"

"She's fine. One of you need to go get her everything she needs. I'll do it first just to show you what to get."

"So what happens?" Ashley asked walking out of the kitchen.

"Sophia's started her period." Sammi told him.

"So what exactly does it mean?"

"Did you not pay attention in health Purdy?"

"Didn't think I'd have to."

"She can have kids now. She's going to be moody and there's no telling. Just take care of her. It's like dealing with a pregnant woman except there's no baby growing."

"Okay. Thanks Sam."

"Sure. See you three tomorrow."

She waltzed out of the house like nothing happened, leaving me and Ashley staring at each other in confusion and horror. I did not sign up for this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hi! Um. Yeah. Hi. I feel bad for making you wait so long for this. And yes the title is blunt. Whatever. I really want to just get this story over with. It's gone on way too long. I have two more days of school so yay! Um. Thanks for reading and I love you all.