Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day You Had A Fall Out

Ashley's POV
1 month later.

"Daddy!" Sophia called from her room. Oh my god. Sammi said she'd be moody, but we didn't expect this.

Andy sighed and sat his notebook down for the 5th time today. He stood from his seat and made his way to Sophia's room. I got up too, but I went in the kitchen to get a water.

"Ash, she wants you too!" Andy yelled.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the nicely decorated room. She got that trait from me.

"Yes darling?" I said, taking a seat beside Andy on her bed.

"Alright so you know I'm a woman now," She said making me choke on my water. Andy chuckled, and she just rolled her eyes, "And I know you disapproved of my first boyfriend, but I want have your blessings on this one."

"Um...how about no?" I said.

"Yeah. I second that no." Andy added.

"But Daddy, there's this guy at school and–"

"No." I said not letting her finish.

"But Papa listen."

I just looked at her with the father face, but she just kept going.

"But he's not like Phil was. I promise he isn't."

"Do we know the kid?"

"Well no. Not really, but he–"

"No." We both said at the same time.

"Papa!"

"Are you done? Your dad and I were talking music stuff, and we'd like to get back to it if it's fine with you."

"Fine whatever." She said rolling her eyes and putting her face back into the pillow.

"Good. Love you."

She mumbled love you too and mumbled something else that sounded like a remark a facetious teenage girl would make. I stopped walked and turned around to look at her.

"What was that last part?"

"Nothing."

"That's what I thought."

Before she could make another remark, I shut her door and walked back to the studio.

"Ashley, you didn't have to say that last part."

"Whatever Andrew. What are we going to with her?"

"You heard Sammi. Moody."

I rolled my eyes and gave Andy his notebook back. We continued talking music when Jacob popped his head through the door.

"Hello. I just wanted to let you guys know that I was here. Me and Soph are in the living room."

"Alright. Just don't be too loud. We're working back here."

"Yes sir." He said and disappeared out of view.

After a while Andy and I had written a lot and we were going back to our room when we heard voices coming from Soph's room.

"I thought they said they were in the living room." Andy whispered to me.

"Shh." I told him

"Ashley we shouldn't be listening—"

"Andy be quiet!" I whisper yelled.

He shut his mouth, a look of annoyance played on his face. We could hear Sophia talking rather loudly and we could hear Jacob's sighs of protest.

"You're just as bad as them! C'mon Jacob!"

"Sophia, please. I'm so tired of you and this popular thing. I. Don't. Care. I'm perfectly fine with you and two more people."

"But Jacob. Imagine if we were. Everyone would like us!"

"Sophia, everyone hates the populars. Why don't you see that?"

"No they don't. You just do. You're jealous."

"Jealous? Jealous of what? That my best friend is being a little bitch about every little thing now?"

"Woh Ashley, we need to stop this."

"No we don't. He needs to get this off of his chest, and she needs to hear it."

"Ashley, he just called our daughter a bitch!"

"Andy calm down. Just listen."

"Fine."

Again, he rolled his eyes, and we started to listen again.

"Sophia, I just can't keep pretending that I'm happy. You've been horrible to me."

"I've been horrible to you? You're the one who's been acting all detached and crap. Where's your interest been because it sure hasn't been in our friendship."

"Yes Sophia Purdy. You're absolute right. My interest has not been in this friendship. If you would have opened your eyes, you'd know that there's a girl that I'm interested in, and without the help of my best friend, she and I have a date tomorrow!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Exactly. I'm done here. Good luck with your popularity. I hope it works out for you."

"You're talking to me like you're leaving."

"I am. My place in your life is long overdue. You're not the Sophia that I came to know and love. I hope you feel good about yourself."

We could hear Sophia saying his name repeatedly and apologizing, but it obviously didn't work saying both of us made eye contact with Jacob who looked like he was about to lose it.

"Bye Andy, bye Ashley."

Andy tried to offer him a ride but Jacob broke out into a power walk that increased to a run once he was out of the door. Sophia came out of her room with her hand over her mouth. She looked over at us with pleading eyes, but there wasn't anything we could do for her.

Being the type of person he was, Andy ran to our crying daughter, embracing her in a hug.

"Daddy," She sobbed into his chest, "He was my best friend. He can't just walk out that way."

"Sophia. Shh. It's alright. You just have to let him think about things."

"But Daddy, he said–he said..."

"We know what he said sweetie. It's alright. You'll be okay. I promise." Andy cooed in her ear. I felt my heart swell up. I remember many years ago, telling Andy that in high school and listing to him repeat it to our daughter made me happy. I walked over to the two, wrapping my arms around both of them in a family hug.

"Yeah, it'll be alright." I whispered.

"C'mon. Go back to your room."

She nodded pulling away from us and walking back. She sat on her bed and Andy sat beside her, letting her wrap her arms around him.

"I always do this," She whispered trying to calm her sobs.

"Not now Sophia. It's okay," Andy told her.

"But he's right! I'm so selfish, and I never realize it until it's too late."

"It's never to late to turn things around Sophia Elyeece."

"He's not going to talk to me now! He just walked away."

"I told you earlier to just give him time. It's not forever."

She looked up at him and shook her head as if saying yes it is, then she cried harder than she had been. Andy and I sat there for an hour before she finally fell asleep. Andy put the covers over her, and we both kissed her before walking back to our room.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked Andy.

"I don't know Ashley. We have a strong girl, but she's got my stubbornness sadly. She's going to wake up tomorrow and put on a tough face. One of them needs to do something before they ruin their friendship."

"I'm calling Jacob." I said.

"You're sounding like me now and though I think that's nice, I can't let you do that. They need to sort this out on their own."

"You're right. I don't like seeing her like that, but they'll work it out."

"I hope so," he whispered, worry clear in his voice.

"Let's not worry about it, okay?"

"She gets on my nerves all the time, but she's still my baby girl, and I don't want to see her get hurt."

"I know sweetie, but she has to go through this stuff on her own."

He sighed and looked at me with those big blues.

"I love you Ash."

"I love you too Andy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! It's been a really really really really long time, and I'm not even sure if Andley is still a thing, but hey! I said I'd finish this story and that's what I'm going to do. I still don't know where this is going, but I found 3 chapters that I dont remember writing so whatever. If you're still reading this then bravo taco to you. As always, thanks for reading. I love you all.