Status: WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE COMPLETED

We Don't Belong

The Day You And Jacob Made Up

Chapter 41
Andy's POV
7 months later

"You're sure?"

"Yes Daddy, I miss him too much. Seeing him with that Jessica girl is killing me."

"Okay Sophia, I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't, Dad. I just want Jacob to know how I feel, and then we're leaving."

"Alright, but if I notice something like you being too harsh or talking about Jacob to this Jessica girl, we're leaving."

"Alright Dad."

"And you said you had a present?"

"Yeah."

"Let me see it."

She handed me a long box, and I opened it. There were two drumsticks and there was a signature on them.

"Sophia, please tell me CC didn't give you these?"

"He did."

"Sophia I got him these for Christmas when we were like 20 something. Do you know how hard they were to get."

"I don't see why. You're famous, why can't you just call up other bands and ask for them."

"Because that's not how it works Sophia."

"Well, he gave them to me. I didn't ask. I asked him to sign a pair of drumsticks for Jacob, but he said he had something better so he gave them to me. Jacob would love them."

"Sophia, I don't know."

"Well it's too late to take them back. Can we leave now?"

"Sure. Did you text Ash like I told you."

"I did. He said he'd be there."

_____________________________________

Jacob's party wasn't what you'd expect. There were 10 people total. Me, Ash, Sophia, his mom, his dad, some girl who was on his arm the whole time, a guy with black hair, a guy with brown hair, and a girl with brown hair and a beanie.

"That's Jessica." Sophia whispered to Ash and I.

"Beanie girl?"

"No. The other one."

"Oh." Me and Ash said at the same time.

"I changed my mind. I can't stay here. I'll just give him the present and go."

"Sophia, Jacob's missed you a lot. He doesn't want you to go even though he's acting like that," Amber said from behind us.

"Then why won't he say anything?"

"Why won't you say anything?" I asked her. It was a sincere question. I mean, I love my daughter, but relationships are two way deals. You can't expect one person to put all the effort into it.

"Go talk to him Sophia."

"But she won't leave his side. I'm not going to talk to him with her there."

Grunting and mumbling something about teenagers under his breath, Ash walked away from us and approached Jacob. I don't know what he said, but Jacob was coming towards us. Sophia sucked in a breath, and I put my hand on her shoulder to help her relax.

"Hey guys." Jacob said with a wave of his hand.

"Hey Jacob, Happy Birthday."

"Thanks Andy. Ashley told me you needed something?"

"Jacob, Sophia wants to talk to you."

He took a deep breath and let it our slowly. His cheek twitched in an attempt to smile, but the kid didn't have the will power to fake it.

"Of course she does," he said, nodding his head in what seemed like disbelief.

"Jacob—"

"No, we can talk, but not out here. To my room."

I nodded and gave Sophia permission. She reluctantly followed Jacob who didn't even look back to see if she was following.

“Ash, they're so hurt.”

“I know Andy, but they're kids. If they're meant to be friends they'll be friends, but if not, they'll get over it.”

“I'm still concerned.”

“Me too,” he looked around at the party and no one was paying attention to us, so we dismissed ourselves from the party and walked to Jacob's room. His door was open so we stopped short to listen to the conversation.

"So you basically came here to take me away from my girlfriend and ruin my mood?"

"Jacob, it's not like that, and your girlfriend?"

"Yes, my girlfriend. And guess what, she's my age! Round of applause for me!"

"Jacob–"

"Oh my god. Do not 'Jacob' me. Sophia, do you realize how long it's been? Almost a year. We can't just pick up like that."

“I know, but I've never felt so alone, and I feel like I've lost a part of my family, and it hurts."

"Well Sophia, you've had all this time to make things up, but you waited too late."

"Yeah, you're right."

" I know I'm right! I've been right about everything that I've ever said about you Sophia!"

"Oh really mature Jacob. I don't need to be yelled at. Here's your stupid present. I've said what I had to say, and I apologized. Now I'm going to leave."

"God, you are so stupid.”

“I don't care if you're mad at me, but I'm not going to allow you to insult me Jacob.”

“So stupid...”

It was silent for a second then Jacob was tearing the paper.

“Ta-da! Signed drum sticks from Tommy Lee. Donated by yours truly, Christian Coma.” Sophia mumbled.

"Uncle CC, let you give these to me?"

"He's my uncle, not yours."

Jacob let out an audible sigh and spoke again.

"No, he's our uncle. Thank you so much for these. Sophia, I miss you. If only you knew how much I miss you. I mean, you're my best friend. And I—I miss you a lot."

"You mean it?"

"Of course I do, Sophia Purdy."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! Look, I really want to get this finished, and I swear I'm working on it. Thanks for reading and I love you all.