Status: New and super excited about it.

Otaku Girl

Three: Re-Meeting Odd

Olive sits behind the counter bouncing a rubber ball on the counter. The weather has calmed down since three days ago and Olive hasn’t heard from Nolan since.

“Nolan the weather isn’t going to clear until morning looks like you have to stay the night.” Mrs. Acosta tells the young adult who’s sitting on the floor of Olive’s room playing video games.

“Thank you, I call my family.” Nolan says.

Mrs. Acosta nods and excuses herself telling him she’ll ready his room in the guest room. Olive listens to the conversation from her spot on the bed, she was finishing Durarara and trying to block out the sounds of the video game Nolan was playing.

Olive set her book down and sat up, she stretched her arms before letting her arms fall to her sides. “I’ll go help my mom.” Olive mumbles leaving her room and heading downstairs to the guest room. She walks in to find her sister and her mom fixing the bed, Olive instantly goes to help.

“Are we alone?” Violet whispers cautiously. Mrs. Acosta chuckles at her youngest daughter before throwing some pillows on the bed along with pillow sheets. Each girl takes a pillow.

“Yes Violet.” Olive sighs as she places the pillow in the sheet.

“That guy is so cute Olive, are you guys dating?”

“We’re hardly friends.” Olive reasons.

By early morning Olive said goodbye to Nolan in the cold morning air. He had given her a kiss on the cheek and thanked her and her family.

That kiss left Olive blushing.


Olive sighs and blushes a bit at the memory from the other morning before continuing to bounce the ball.

“This is bullshit mom!” someone yells causing Olive to straighten up. She glances to store entrance where a boy walks in with dark hair, his hands are stuffed in his pockets and he’s eyes are narrowed with anger.

“I won’t tolerate that language in my shop Oscar.” Mrs. Garcia’s voice trails after and soon she’s entering the shop right behind the angry boy. Olive watches as both son and mother argue over something as small as language and Olive can’t help but laugh a little.

“You’re still the same Odd.” Olive laughs catching Odd off guard, he turns to look at her and his instant glare turns into a smile.

“Olive!” he greets happily walking over to hug her tightly. Olive laughs a little under her breath and hugs him back. It has been months since they saw each other and if Olive were to be honest she missed him.

“Olive call him by his real name.” Mrs. Garcia says pinching the bridge of her nose as she heads to the back office.

“Hey Ma you should just leave Olive and I here to tend to the shop.” Odd suggests.

“Like hell I would!”

It seems when ever Odd is around, Mrs. Garcia turns a bit irritable and less kind. Olive rather Mrs. Garcia shows her true colors then hide behind a mask that clearly makes her unhappy. “So when do you get off work?” Odd asks sitting next to Olive behind the counter.

“In an hour why?”

“Let’s go out.” Odd suggest resting his elbow on the counter and propping his chin on his hand. “It’ll be fun.”

Olive shakes her head instantly and looks down to her left, hiding her face. “I don’t go out much.” Olive whispers.

“Why?” Odd asks innocently as he takes the ball from Olive’s hand and begins to toss it between his hands.

“I don’t feel the need to go out.” Olive answers truthfully as she picks at some paper in front of her suddenly feeling awkward and out of place.

“How about we go out for dinner?”

Olive looks to Odd with a slight blush on her cheeks. Is he asking her out on a date? While Odd is only a year younger than her, he still seems like a kid brother.

“Don’t get your panties in a wad, I’m only asking you as a friend.” Odd says noticing the blush coating her cheeks and the choked up expression on her face.

Olive nods once and lets out a deep breath before letting her shoulder slump forward a little. “Then sure, lets go.” She says keeping her eyes casted to the floor.

“Are you wearing make-up?” Odd asks suddenly. Olive shakes her head nervously still keeping her gaze away from Odd. “Oh, you look beautiful then.”

That comment made Olive’s face redden immediately, she’s not use to boys complimenting her much. All through her high school years and the little amount of time she spent in college she was always ignored by people. “Shut up.” Olive mumbles under her breath.

“You’re so cute.” Odd gushes smiling over at Olive, his smile is carefree and easy and it proves to Olive that’s he’s flirted with many girls before. Olive quickly takes the complement as something offensive and rolls her eyes before looking out the shop window.

Olive notices a familiar figure walking toward the shop and once her mind processes who it is she quickly straightens up and fixes her crazy hair. Odd takes notice of Olive’s quick change and stares at her curiously, until he notices the guy walk in and he immediately understands. “Is that you’re boyfriend?” Odd whispers into Olive’s ear.

“Shut up Odd.” She mumbles through her teeth as Nolan approaches the front counter. He smiles kindly at Olive, his eyes only quickly glancing to Odd. “Hello.” Olive says awkwardly waving slightly at Nolan.

“Hey.” He greets. “I thought I’d come pick you up so we can head to your place. I don’t want to intrude or anything, but I’d love to hang out with your family again.” Nolan smiles which causes Olive to blush, but only slightly because she quickly remembers,

“No.” She says sternly glaring at Nolan. Both Odd and Nolan look to Olive slightly surprised in her change of attitude. “You can’t just ignore someone for 3 days after what you did,” she pauses hoping Nolan catches onto what she’s talking about (the kiss) “And then expect everything to go as normal.”

Nolan watches Olive for a moment before nodding slightly and letting out a small nervous smile, “You’re right. That was a dick move.” Nolan whispers. “I’m sorry.”

“What’s going on?” Odd speaks up rudely bouncing the ball to Nolan. “And who the hell are you.”

“Oscar!” Mrs. Garcia suddenly screams as she enters the shop from the back room. “Don’t speak to my costumers like that, apologize now.” She scolds as she sets down a box on the counter.

Odd pouts like a child before looking over to Nolan,” Sorry.” He mumbles in the softest voice. Nolan has to strain his ears slightly to hear it but he does and smile kindly at Odd. “I’m Nolan it’s nice to meet you.”

Odd doesn’t respond, instead he acts like a child with his arms crossed and a glare on his face. It’s then that Olive realizes why it would be so weird of Odd liked her, it’s because he still acts like he did when he was in elementary school. The though makes Olive snort trying to hold her laughter, but it becomes unbearable and soon she’s bursting out laughing.

Both boys look over to Olive and stare at her as though she’s grown another head, or two. “What’s so funny?” Odd asks.

Olive shakes her head and wipes away the tears the formed, “It’s just that you act the same way you did when we were kids.” Olive giggles.

Odd smiles and as he continues to stare at Olive, “Well I’ve hardly changed since then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the guy at the genius bar for fixing my computer, now I can continuing writing.