If It's Over, Let It Go

I Don't Want Easy, I Want Crazy

"Hey bab-", Jeff paused when he saw Brooke and her friends sitting around their dining room table, "Oh, hey guys"

Brooke stood up to give him a hug, "Hey babe. Wait, you know everyone, right? That's Katie, Steph, and you've met Erica, haven't you?"

Jeff shrugged and the girls all awkwardly said hello, obviously noticing the tension between Jeff and Brooke.

"Um, I'll help you bring this upstairs", Brooke offered, picking up one of Jeff's bags, "I'll be right back, guys"

They nodded and Brooke followed Jeff up the stairs to their room. Once they were there, he turned away from her and started to unpack his bag.

"I missed you", she said, her voice kind of shaky. He couldn't actually be mad at her. Not after they'd just made up.

"I thought we were going to hang out", he said, not facing her.

"O-oh. I'm sorry, babe. I went over to Erica's to get my stuff and we just ended making plans to study"

Jeff shrugged, "It's fine. I think Jordan and a few of the guys were going to hang out so I guess I'll go join them or something"

"Oh-okay'", Brooke leaned forward to give him a kiss but at the last second, he turned so her lips hit her cheek.

He shove his phone into his pocket, "I'll see you later"

Brooke followed him down the stairs and back to the dining room. He waved to her friends, grabbed his keys and left. All three girls gave Brooke confused looks.

She slid back into her seat, "He has plans. With teammates"

They all looked like they wanted to pry but thankfully they said nothing.

~~~~~~~

Brooke rolled over in bed when she heard the house phone rang loudly throughout the empty condo. She yawned and climbed out of bed. She walked down the stairs to the living room, picked up the receiver and answered it,not recognizing the number.

She sighed when she heard Jordan Staal's voice, "Sorry about waking you up but can you open the garage door?"

She poked her head into the garage and reached in to press the button hat opened the door, hanging the phone up as Jordan pulled Jeff's car into the driveway and got out. He flashed her an awkward smile as he pulled Jeff out of the front seat hand tried to direct him into the house, even thought Jeff was basically out cold.

He managed to get Jeff up to their bedroom, leaving him fully clothed on the bed.

"Thanks", Brooke sighed.

"It's cool", Jordan smiled at her. Brooke followed him to the front door before she asked, "Do you need a ride home?"

"No, it's fine. Cam followed me in my car. Thanks though", he said, giving her an one armed hug.

She was about to close the door behind him when he turned around, "Oh, and don't be too hard on Jeff. He was really upset all night about being a dick to you"

Brooke smiled a little, "Okay. Thanks Jordan". She watched him get into the car waiting by the curb before going back up to her and Jeff's bedroom. She pulled the covers up over him and for a second considered going to sleep in the guest room. After a moments thought, she climbed into their bed and curled up next to Jeff.

~~~~~~~

Brooke blinked a few times before reaching over Jeff to slam her hand on his alarm clock to stop the beeping. She lightly shook Jeff's shoulder, causing him to roll over so he was facing her.

"What the-", he asked, still half asleep.

"You have a team meeting", she said softly. Jeff rubbed his eyes and rolled over onto his back.

"Oh. Thanks"

Brooke climbed out bed and went into the bathroom. She had to be up for school in basically half an hour so their was really no point of going back to bed. She had a quick shower and pulled her hair up into a damp bun.

When she came out, Jeff was dressed and sitting on the edge of their bed, not looking much more awake then he had when his alarm had gone off.

"Here", she said, handing him an Advil she'd grabbed from the bathroom. He smiled at her appreciably.

"Thank you so much"

"You shouldn't drink that much, especially after having a concussion", she suggested softly. He looked down at her feet and she instantly felt bad.

"I know, I was just being an idiot last night", he mumbled. She sat down next to him and he wrapped his arm around her.

"I'm sorry about being a dick yesterday. I shouldn't have expected you to just drop everything to hang out with me. And I also shouldn't have been a baby about it and gone out and got hammered", he said, leaning his chin on the top of her head.

"If you would have asked me, I defiantly would have dropped everything for you", Brooke smiled. Jeff kissed the top of her heard before standing up.

"I better go. Have a good day at school, babe"

She gave him a quick hug, "Love you"

A smile spread across Jeff's face, "Love you too"