Standing on Clouds Above the Sky

Chapter 3

The city was always so beautiful, I though as I looked out my window across the cityscape. The Ice cream bar which I had in my hand began to slowly melt as I watched the cars and people speed by so fast. They all looked so tiny from here.
I was procrastinating homework for the hour, and had spent a good two or so hours just listening to music on my bed. My father was sleeping in the other bedroom on the opposite side of the house. He had left a note to send me to the store to pick up a few things which I was also putting off.
I looked up at the clock, which read 7 o'clock on the mark. I suppose it was time for me to get moving.
With a sigh, I ate up the rest of the Ice cream and grabbed a small bag to haul up the groceries. living up high did have its faults, you know.
I left the house, if you could call it that, and made my way to the elevator. Mr. Yamato and a lady whom I've yet to meet, were chatting near the door which made me tense a bit. Mr. Yamato was a nice man around 45 or so, with dark brown hair which he dyes. He usually has a new woman around his arms every other week. He was rich after all. Despite his niceness however, I cant really say I enjoy seeing him to much because he always tries to strike up a conversation with me, which isn't really m kind of thing. I'm more anti-social if anything, and Id rather he just nod and leave me to my own doing.
The girl this time around looked to be about 22 give or take, and was blonde with some very long nails if I might say so my self. Mr. Yamato saw me coming and gave off that kind man smile he always gives to children and such.
"Well if it isn't Sebastian!" He said with a sort of joy in his voice. He always sounded so cheery. I suppose that's because he has sex with some hot chick every week.
"Hello." I said back shyly. Over the years I've learned to just nod and say hello and he usually leaves me be.
"How is it going! I haven't seen you in some time you know. Have you met Marie yet?" He pointed to the blonde chick next to him. She looked bored, and almost annoyed for some unknown reason.
"Uh.. I cant say I have." I replied. I really just wanted to leave. I mean, Hes nice to talk to yes, but I'm not feeling so social today.
"Well here, Sebastian this is Marie, Marie, Sebastian." He said kindly. Well I suppose I could shake her hand and get this over with.
"Nice to meet you." I said holding out my hand.
"Hey kid." She replied rudely. I awkwardly lowered my hand as she didn't bother to shake mine.
"Well, uhh.. I have to go. Ill see you two later." I said, and quickly sped past them to the Elevator.
"Goodbye! Nice seeing you again Sebastian!" Yamato replied as he and his new trophy took off in the other direction.
I entered the elevator and descended down to the first floor. It didn't take long until I reached the main hall, and I began my walk to a small shop nearby that sold just I was needing. It being a Thursday, not many kids were out, so the chances of me running into anyone else was pretty low.
I at last made it to the small shop, where I was greeted nicely by the owner. I nodded my head in reply, and made my way to the Isle I was look for. All my father had actually asked for was some medicine to help his hangovers and some microwave foods. He didn't cook, and I never really cook for him. On the rare occasions I do, Its usually because I have some left overs of what I made for myself.
I was busily picking out some random flavors of ramen when I heard a familiar voice that made me freeze up.
"Sebastian?" The voice was high, and even though I haven't talked to her since that first time she came to class, I could immediately tell that it was Abigail.
I turned around, confirming my fears. Why is it that when I want to be left alone, everybody must talk to me? I mean, no one talks to me!
I stood up and sort of brushed myself off. of what, I'm not sure, but you always see them do that in movies and such.
"Oh, Hello.. Abigail." I said, trying to keep it cool. She giggled. Why did she giggle? Did I say something funny?
"Haha, you can just call me Abby. So.. Whats up? I didn't know you live around here." She was all smiles, this was most likely a pleasant surprise to run into me.
"Oh, yeah. I live nearby, I'm just.. picking up some groceries. Heh" I really needed to talk to people more.
"Oh, that's cool! I always see you in class but we never talk. It sucks, cause I thought you were pretty cool." She replied cheerfully. I'll admit, I was a little taken back by that last statement. No ones every really said I was cool or anything, what makes it even weirder is that I'm pretty sure I was super awkward that day I first met her.
As I was about to reply, another voice came from behind the racks that I couldn't quite recognize.
"Hey Abby, what was it you asked for? Animal crackers or some shit?" The voice was sort of deep, for a girl, as it what pretty easy to determine that it was, in fact, a girl.
"Yeah that's it." Abby returned. At that moment, the girl from behind the racks walked around with a few bags of chips and crackers and what not. Though, it wasn't the snacks that made me tense up. Oh no, It was the girl.
She was short, With long, red hair, and face so beautiful I was lost for words. It was a face I had only seen once before, about a month ago. A face that had invaded my dreams and thoughts ever since. It was her, that girl with eh red hair. She was standing right in front of me.
Now, in my daydreams, I had always pictured myself to be really cool and what not, but now that she was right in front of me, I felt so nervous that my body might have well have shut down.
"Oh, Rin, this is Sebastian. Sebastian, this is Rin." Abby said. Though, I couldn't really hear her words, as I was to busy trying to catch myself from collapsing of social anxiety.
Rin appeared to be pretty calm, and held out her hand in the same way I did to Mr. Yamatos friend who's name I could not remember.
"Nice to meet you." Rin said. She seemed so nice. Now was definitely not the time to fuck up. I just needed to raise my hand and shake hers... that was all I need to do.
I slowly extended my arm out towards her. I'm sure I was shaking like some sort of weird fool. I grasped her hand and shook it as well as I could. Her hands felt so soft.
"Nice to umm... Nice to meet.. you." I said. Im sure I sounded like an idiot. She giggled, similar to the way Abby did earlier.
"Nice to meet you too." She turned toward Abby who had been standing next to me, though I hadn't really noticed until my hand left Rin's. "Well, we should probably be going. I don't want to get home late." Abby agreed and they both said bought there things and said there goodbyes to me.
And just like that, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, slipped right through my very hands.

I Walked through the door of my "House" and made my way to the pantry and fridge to put away the few items I bought. I ended up forgetting the milk, but I didn't really care much. I went straight to my room, without bothering to see what my father was up too.
I quickly undressed and changed into pajamas and flopped down on my bed to stare at the ceiling. Today really happened didn't it. I actually found the girl who has been invading my dreams day after day, night after night, in this huge monster of a city. What luck, I thought, for what was pretty much my only friend, to be friends with her. I Couldn't let this chance be taken away... I have to do something about it.
The more I thought about it, the more angry I became with myself. How could I have been so dumb? I should've said something.. anything! I'm sure she didn't even think anything of me.
The more I thought, the worse these thoughts became, until eventually, I slid into a sleep that once again contained dreams of that girl named Rin.