Let's Play a Game

Twinkle Twinkle Attention Seeker

Ricky's POV
------------------------
I jumped up at a claxon. I was shaking. Where the hell was I?
"Chris? Devin? Ryan? Josh? Ang?"
My voice sounded strange in the room and I fell quiet. Lights clicked on and I jumped. I stared at what was in front of me. Some kind of cage, full of something that looked liked long, stretched out razor blades. I gulped and ran my fingers across the cuts on my inner wrist.
"Hello, Richard. Let's play a game."
I shot my head around.
"WHO ARE YOU? WHY AM I HERE?"
"You have everything people want. Fame, money, good looks. Yet, last week, you ran a straight razor across your wrist. You wanted to die. Or did you? Was it a cry for attention? Christopher looked after you for the whole week, ignoring the rest of your band. In front of you is a maze of blades. To get out of this room alive, you must go through it. However, you have three hours. The door out of here is set on a timer and will close and lock within three hours. If you want to die, all you have to do is remain where you are. However, if you want to live, you must cut again. Let's play a game, Richard, and your time starts now."
A claxon went off and a clock lit up. It started counting down from three hours. I screamed and dropped to my knees, holding my head. I sobbed. Who would do this? I didn't want to die. I didn't want to play this mad game of escape. I sobbed.
------------------------
Devin's POV
------------------------
We watched Ricky fall to his knees and sob.
"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? JUST LET ME OUT!"
I looked at Chris's face contort as he tried to not cry.
"Chris....."
"Who the fuck?"
I looked back up at the screen. Ricky had jumped up. Our voices echoed out. Chris's first.
"I can't believe he did it. He sliced his wrists. Why the fuck?"
"Maybe he's insane."
"He's let the fame get to his head."
"Cry for attention."
"Fucking idiot."
Ricky's face contorted and he sobbed harder as he listened to what we'd said after we'd found him. He screamed and beat the wall behind him before falling to the ground and curling up.
------------------------
Ricky's POV
------------------------
I knew they hated me. This just proved it. I curled up. Might as well choose death. My necklace dug into my throat and I held it in my palm. I remembered when Chris had given me it. When I needed help most. A high-pitched claxon went off and I jumped. I looked at the clock. Half an hour had passed. I took a breath and walked to the edge of the start. I whimpered. I wanted Chris. I bit my lip rings then pushed forward. I screamed as they cut into my legs. The pain was enormous. I crawled forward slowly, crying as skin scraped off my stomach. I caught the back of my head and screeched. I stayed still and carefully looked up. I stared at a camera and then stuck my middle finger up.
"YOU SADISTIC BASTARD!"
I looked around at the blades above my head and slowly made my way forward. I heard something hit the floor and I looked down. I threw up heavily. One of my toes. I looked back carefully and saw the blood running freely from my left foot where my big toe should be. I cried as the pain hit. I covered my face.
"SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF HERE!"
I sobbed and crawled forward more. My stomach snagged and I screamed. I looked down and bit my lip. I carefully took hold of the blade and gently tugged down. I screamed again. I took a deep breath. If I couldn't get free I was gonna die. I yanked downwards carefully and sobbed. I tucked my shirt around it and continued forward. My head hit something hard and I looked up. I screamed seeing a wall. Another high-pitched claxon sounded. Another half-hour had passed.
------------------------
Chris's POV
------------------------
I watched Ricky sob as he hit a dead end. Who would do something so sick? He carefully backed up. He was paler than usual, so much more. He sliced a piece of his shirt up and wrapped it around his stomach, crying as he tightened it. He crawled forward again and I turned my head, tears streaming down my face.
------------------------
Ricky's POV
------------------------
I felt something cool hit the side of my head and I slowly turned. I could see light. I could feel fresh air. A claxon sounded me. I was running out of time.
"Half an hour left, Richard. You've found your way now, but can you get there in time?"
I gritted my teeth at that voice and crawled. I felt numb. I couldn't feel the pain anymore which was bad. If I sustained a dangerous injury, I wouldn't know. I saw floor and wall and crawled a little faster. I fell out the maze and sobbed in relief. I stared at the clock and screamed. Two minutes. I scrambled up and bolted for the stairs. I tripped and fell. I ran up them and screamed as it closed on my left foot.