Let's Play a Game

Fire Burning Deep in My Heart

Josh's POV
------------------------
A claxon sounded and I groaned and sat up. I froze. I was staring at a candle in front of a locked safe. I looked around to find myself in a locked room with writing over the walls. I found myself in just underwear. My skin felt weird, like I had something on my skin. I gulped.
"WHY AM I HERE? I DIDN'T DO WHAT RICKY DID!"
"You had an amazing family. Amazing friends. Yet, Joshua, you murdered them all. You set your house on fire, expecting to be able to save them. But you chickened out. Now, you have a choice. Live or die? The key to your escape and survival is in that safe. The code is written somewhere on the walls. You must use the candle to find the correct code. However, I smeared a substance all over your body. A substance called napalm. If the flame of the candle touches you, ever so slightly, you go up in flames. Napalm burns slowly, you'll die in agonising pain, just like your family did. Tick tock, Joshua, off you go."
I grabbed the bottom of the candle and carefully hurried to the first wall. I looked for a set of numbers which would make sense, that maybe I associated with.
"24-09-05-15"
The date of the fire and how many people died. I tried the code and it didn't work. I whined. There were red herrings. I cried. I wanted out of here.
------------------------
Devin's POV
------------------------
I cried as I listened to Josh's ""challenge"". I turned to Ricky who held me tight. It wasn't really a secret that I had feelings for Josh, but he didn't know himself. I prayed he would get out. I needed to tell him. Ricky rocked me gently. I logged my laptop on and logged onto my YouTube, finding the stream. I looked through the comments.
"666BieberLover
The satanic cunt deserves everything. I hope that candle hits him so he can burn in hell twice."
I growled and hit reply.
"LonesomeGhost
@666BieberLover
That "satanic cunt" kept Ricky alive. That "satanic cunt" saved me from killing myself. That "satanic cunt" has saved millions of lives so go fuck yourself you piece of shit."
------------------------
Josh's POV
------------------------
The candle was half-burned. I was starting to panic and I burst into tears. I put the candle on the table and sat down, crying hard. I thought of Devin, of my feelings for him, how he would never know.
"D-Devin! I'm guessing this is being s-streamed to the bus like R-Ricky was. I-I've loved you for a-ages. I-I don't think I-I'm getting out of h-here. I love you, Devin Sola. Don't ever forget that."
My voice cracked and I sobbed. I curled up and cried into my knees. The light got darker and I looked at the candle. I had to get out. At least try until it was too late. I crawled to the last wall. A date caught my eye immediately. Ricky's birthday. I crawled back to the safe and dialed it in.
"01-09-1989."
It swung open and I sobbed in relief. I grabbed the key and used the candle to find the key hole. I opened the door and screamed as I dropped the candle.