Status: Will update if I get a good response!

Will You Love Me?

Chapter 3

When Oli left Vic standing in the hall that morning, Vic couldn’t help but feel rejected. His friend had been perfectly fine yesterday, and today he acted like he hated Vic. What was up with that?

"Victor Fuentes!" Vic smiled at the voice, turning to find Kellin walking toward him, his backpack slung over one shoulder. "Shall we get to class?" he asked, stopping in front of the Mexican. Vic nodded, linking his arm with Kellin’s and walking down the hall.

"I’m so ready for this project!" Vic said excitedly. Kellin nodded his head in agreement.

"Me too, I called Katelynne last night and asked her what she thought of my ideas."

"You finally grew the balls to talk to her?" Vic smirked, noticing Kellins sheepish nod and rapidly reddening face. "Well, did it go well, or..?"

"Oh, it went great! She loved the ideas I had, and she asked if she could come hang out sometime and watch me ‘work my magic’." Kellin chuckled, adding air quotes to his words. Vic smiled, happy that his friend finally had to courage to talk to the girl he had been crushing on for the past two years.

"So what about you? Did you talk to Oli yet?" Kellin asked, nudging Vic lightly. Vic frowned, the image of Oli walking away from him flooding his mind. He shook his head, looking down to the floor as they walked into the music room. "What happened?"

Vic shrugged, walking the two of them to the back of the classroom. “He was mad at me for some reason this morning.”

"Do you remember doing anything to upset him?" Kellin questioned, feeling bad for the Mexican. He’d talked about Oli nonstop ever since the English boy moved to America; and that was three years ago.

Vic shook his head.

"Well, just ask him what’s wrong at lunch. I’m sure he’ll explain." the raven haired boy said, sparking a bit of hope in Vic.

"Yeah, you’re right. I’ll ask him at lunch." He said quietly, not wanting the teacher to call them out. They were supposed to be doing their daily warm up’s. He pulled out his music book, flipping to the right page and starting on his music theory lesson.

"I’ll just hang out with Justin at lunch, then." Kellin whispered back. "Unless you want me there?"

Vic silently shook his head. “Nah, I think I should just talk to him alone, to sort stuff out, you know?” Kellin nodded his head.

"And maybe admit some feelings?" Kellin asked, hinting that Vic should man up and come clean. Kellin wasn’t stupid, he knew that Oli had feelings for Vic, also. The way the English boy would light up when Vic would talk to him, or how he seemed to hang on to every word Vic said. He also knew that Oli had gotten into a fight for Vic not too long ago, but the Mexican was oblivious to it.

Vic didn’t reply, instead he continued working on his music theory, thinking up scenarios in his head. He really wanted to tell Oli how he felt, but he didn’t think he could face rejection from his best friend; especially after his morning.

"Alright class, it’s been five minutes, you can put your music theory away. You ready to start an awesome project, or what?" Mrs. Gill asked, standing from her desk and walking to the front of the classroom. Many groans sounded throughout the room.

"I do." Vic mumbled, not really understanding why everyone dreaded the thought of the music project.

"Oh, you’ll all get over it! Besides, I changed some rules on the project!" This got everyone’s attention. "Mhm. Well, I thought to myself, why not let them pick a partner to compose a small piece with?"

"I’ll be more than happy to do the project now!" Jack Barakat called out, causing Mrs. Gill to roll her eyes, but you could tell she was amused.

"That’s wonderful Mr. Barakat. But, since you seemed so hesitant before the new rules, maybe I should make you work alone." she smirked, causing Jack to stutter apologies. "I’m joking, boy. Of course you can still work with a partner."

"Vic, please say you’ll be my partner." Kellin said from beside Vic. The boy turned to look at Kellin, flashing him a smile and a look that said ‘Of course, you idiot’.

"Okay, so, all you and your partner have to do, is create a song. It can be one minute long or four minutes long, I don’t mind, as long as it’s appropriate, and it had vocals and instruments. You’ll ha—"

"How long do we get?" a student blurted out, cutting Mrs. Gill off. She scolded him lightly.

"I was getting there!" she said, moving to the white board and uncapping a blue marker. "You’ll have until the end of next month. That’s a lot of time guys, so I suggest you use it wisely." she wrote the due date on the board, capping the marker back, and walking over to her desk. "You can begin working now, if you’d like!"

"Sweet!" Kellin exclaimed, causing Vic to chuckle.

"What shall we write about, oh excited one?" Vic joked, pulling out a notebook and pencil to write down ideas. Kellin shrugged, pulling his chair closer to Vic’s desk.

"Oh! What about a heart break song? Those seem to be the easiest to write!" Kellin suggested. Vic scrunched his face up at the idea.

"No, no, no. We need something more upbeat, something that screams two teenage boys trying to rule the world." Vic said, doodling stick figures on his paper.

"Hmm, okay, I like it." Kellin said, nodding his head. "What should we call it?"

Vic thought for a minute, just letting his imagination run wild like he normally did when trying to think of a name for a song. It didn’t take long for an idea to form. “How about..” he trailed off, writing the name at the top of the page, turning it so Kellin could read it.

"King For A Day. Hell yes!" Kellin said, shaking Vic’s shoulder lightly. Vic chuckled, pulling the paper back to him.

"I like it too." he said, and started writing down lyric ideas.

*~*

When lunch time came around, Vic felt nervous. Far more nervous than he had been in a while. “Hey, you going to talk to him now?” Kellin asked from beside him as they made their way to the cafeteria.

"I guess so." Vic answered, entering the cafeteria and letting his eyes scan the open room for any sign of Oli. He didn’t see the English boy waiting by the water fountains for him like he usually did, causing him to frown. "Do you see him?" Vic asked Kellin.

Kellin did a quick look over the room, not finding him either. “Maybe he’s in the courtyard?” Kellin suggested. Vic nodded in agreement. Maybe Oli had just went ahead to the wall without him.

"Thanks, Kells. I’ll see you later, okay?" Vic asked as he began to walk away from the other boy.

"Yeah, dude! Good luck!" he winked, causing Vic to blush. ’Weirdo.’ Vic thought to himself.

He made his way through the cafeteria, becoming more and more anxious as he neared the doors that led to the courtyard. As soon as he walked out the doors, he caught sight of Oli sitting on the wall, but he wasn’t alone.

Josh Franceschi sat in Vic’s usual spot, his hand laced with Oli’s, the two laughing loudly at something Josh had just said. Vic felt his throat close up. Of course Oli wouldn’t be interested in him that way. If anything he just saw Vic as a brother that he had to take care of.

"Hey, Vic! Come here, mate!" Oli called out once his eyes landed on Vic. Vic stood there, not moving. He didn’t want to go up there just so they could rub their relationship in his face, so instead he turned around and went back into the school, leaving Oli staring after him, much like he had done to Vic this morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
:/