The Skeptic

Purple Dragons and Butterflies

"Do I look like a liar?" said the girl with the mouth that was constantly popping gum between intervals of her squeaky voice.

I shrugged my shoulders not bothering to open my eyes. “I wouldn’t know. I’m blind. But dragons, let alone purple dragons do not exist.”

“How would you know? Have you ever seen one? I’m telling you I’m a purple dragon.” Pop. Pop. Pop.

Maybe if I ignored her she would leave me alone. However that was not the case.

“Do you know what purple dragons eat?” Pop. Pop. Pop.

I shook my head though I had a suspicion that she might say purple bubble gum. Maybe if I ignored her she would think I was deaf too. Again no such luck.

“Purple dragons eat butterflies!” Pop. Pop. Pop.

I groaned. “I am not blind!! Or naïve for that matter. If you would just quit it and go annoy some other stranger that would be lovely.”

“But you said you were and -”

“I lied” I removed my ear bud from the one ear it hung from and looked up. “See? I can-” I stopped mid-sentence. My eyes traveled up the length of the purple mass, the purple dragon. Sure enough, in its palm was a net filled with butterflies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something I wrote along time ago on another site.