Give your Heart a Break

You really roughed him up

I should have stayed out longer, anything would have been better than sitting in the apartment.

Once I got back I showered and changed out of my running clothes and ventured cautiously to the living room.

Upon entering all conversations seized and four sets of eyes landed on me, awkward was an understatement. Uncomfortable? Sure. Weird? Yes. Could you feel the tension? Most defiantly.

I sat on the couch to be sandwiched between Zach and Kyle, their reasoning being that they didn't want me to do anything 'unreasonable' while waiting for Tori to get home.

Soon enough Tori arrived home and called me to her room, following I found out she got us matching outfits. Changing into them quickly I waked back to the living room with her following.

I watched Mason and Tori walk out to the balcony knowing that the next couple of days for us were going to be filled with ice cream and chick-flicks.

I sat again on the couch watching them through the door, ignoring the other eyes on me. I figured I'd wait until they were done talking and Mason was inside again before I unleash my wrath.

I saw Tori turn around and storm inside going straight to her room, leaving Mason standing on the balcony. Zach started to stand up and follow Tori, but I grabbed his arm telling him to let her go, that she needs some alone time. He nodded before walking to the kitchen as usual.

I stood abruptly, making Kyle and Jake flinch, before waking over to the balcony opening the door Tori slammed on her way inside.

"Get your ass inside right now" I screamed at Mason.

"Calm down ok, I'm coming" He said.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do, now hurry up, you have 7 seconds to get inside and sit down on that couch" I said while pointing inside.

He walked inside quickly, with me following close behind. "You! Sit down next to Mason" I yelled at Jake. He only nodded, scrambling to sit next to Mason. With that Kyle stood and followed Zach into the kitchen.

I knew they would be able to hear everything I was going to say, but they were going to be listening anyway.

"Mason, let’s start with you shall we?" I asked cynically. I didn't allow him to respond before moving onto what I was going to say.

"Mason, Mason, Mason. I have so many words for you, but I'm not going to say them, they'll be saved for your pal Jake. So let's see, why did you break my little Tori's heart? Oh wait I know! It's because you're a huge douche that only cares about himself, and you're a fucking idiot for thinking you're going to get away with this. I can blackmail you until your little hockey career is gone and you'll have to change your name and move to Alaska, I really don't like to threaten people like this but someone needs to put you in your place. So I recommend you leave her the hell alone, no one believes your little act. Saying you care, when you obviously don't. You couldn't care less about anything but yourself and your hockey career. And that is pathetic, being so selfish that you broke a girl’s heart. A girl that is my best friend, she's fragile, you don't see her at her worst, you don't know half the things I do about her, because you don't fucking care. And you never will. So I suggest you leave, and I recommend not coming back unless you get an invite" I said.

"Well I have to wait for Jake so I'm not leaving yet" Mason said, not acknowledging anything I said.

"Actually you are leaving, I don't want you to ever set foot here again" I stated while grabbing his wrist, dragging him out of the door. After I pushed him outside he huffed and left realizing I wasn't going I let him back in.

Closing the door I turned back, looking at Zach I said "can you go to the store for me real quick? I need you to pick up a bunch of junk food, and some movies"

He nodded taking the list I quickly wrote out, walking towards the door. He turned asking me "what about Tori? Are you sure she'll be ok?"

"Yeah she'll be fine, she probably won't come out of her room for the rest of the night, just go to the store for me, I'll talk to her" I replied

He nodded again walking out of the apartment. I turned to see Kyle sitting on the couch, glancing at Jake, and Jake sitting on the couch looking frightened.

""Now you, my frie- wait you're not my friend" I said while looking at Jake.

"Sid, please just hear me out I didn't mean to hurt you, it just happened" He desperately replied.

"No it didn't just happen. You concisely lied to me, you knew you were lying and you don't care." I yelled.

"I do care! You wouldn't even let me explain myself, you just assumed the worst" He yelled back, now standing.

"You cancelled our date and I find you did because you were going on a date with another girl! You were practically cheating on me! How can you say you didn't lie about that? Tori saw you out to dinner with her" I yelled again.

"Sidney let’s not do this here, please let's go somewhere with a little bit more privacy" He asked, looking at Kyle.

"No Jake we're doing this right here. I want Kyle to see this, to see how much of douche you really are. How pathetic you are, how badly you treated me. And you might want a witness for when I slap you so hard your head spins" I spat.

"Sidney" he said, taking a small step back.

"Jake" I mocked, taking a step towards him, with a sinister smile.

"Please just listen to me, you know I wouldn't hurt you intentionally." He stated.

"You wouldn't hurt me intentionally? You fucking cancelled OUR date to go on one with another girl! You lied to me! Directly to my face when I asked you about it. I knew that's where you went and I gave you a chance to redeem yourself, but you just lied again! I can't believe you" I said, advancing towards him.

"Sidney, please you have to forgive me" He pleaded.

"Forgive you?" I screamed, lunging at him. I was about to grab him when Kyle grabbed onto my waist, pulling me back.

"Let me go! He deserves it! God Kyle let me go. Please? Let me go, I won't do anything." I argued with Kyle.

"Fine, only because I believe you won't do anything" Kyle agreed. Then he let me go, standing beside me still, reaching or his phone.

"You have so much fucking nerve showing up here" I yelled at Jake.

"I needed to talk to you Sidney, I know you wouldn't have agreed to meet me somewhere if I asked." He replied.

"Damn right I wouldn't have! You're a lying douchebag" I screamed while lunging at him again. This time though Kyle wasn't quick enough to stop me.

I grabbed onto his collar, pushing his towards the wall. I shoved him into the wall smacking him hard enough to hear a satisfying noise and for him to fall. Before I jumped on top of him, smacking him again. I was in the midst of slapping him to death when the door flew open and I heard a "what the hell?" From Zach.

All while Kyle was trying to pull me off of Jake; not succeeding. Soon two hands grabbed me, and pulled me backwards off of Jake, I looked up to see Zach holding onto me. He set me behind him, handing me to Kyle before turning back to Jake, who was now laying on the ground with bruised cheeks and a bloody lip from where my ring had hit him.

"You should go" Zach said to Jake.

"Yeah you better fucking get out of here" I screamed at Jake, still fuming, trying to get out of Kyle's grip, getting no such luck.

"Sidney you know you can't resist me, you'll be crawling back anytime now" Jake said with a smirk.

"You little bastard! Leave right now before you get fucked up" I screamed, still trying to get out of Kyle's grip.

"Jake leave. Now." Zach said firmly, while escorting him to the door.

"You'll be crawling back babe, they always do" Jake yelled right before he left.

As soon as Zach closed the door I broke down. Finally letting the impact of his words hit me, and let me tell you they hit me like a train.

I guess Kyle was surprised to see me cry, as I never let myself cry in front of anyone besides Tori or my family. Zach only pulled me into a hug, understanding, rubbing my back to get me to calm down. I guess it wasn't weird for him because he's seen me cry before, multiple time for that fact, because he practically is family.

Zach pulled away, holding me at arm’s length, I was still crying, silently now. He looked past me at Kyle before handing me off to him like I was a doll, not that I cared at the moment. Kyle pulled me into a hug, they still not both saying anything, and I stood there in Kyle's embrace just crying, finally letting everything out. I heard Zach grab all the bags from the food, putting them into the kitchen, then putting then away; I'll have to thank him later.

When I finally stopped crying I looked up at Kyle apologizing for ruining his shirt, and being embarrassed for myself for letting him see me cry. He kept saying it was ok, trying to make me feel better, I knew it wasn't going to work. Zach came back into the living room looking at me before saying "well I know not to fuck with you."

I giggled, still sniffling, before nodding slightly looking down at my hands, rubbing them softly. Zach seemed to notice my hands, grabbing my arms pulling them up to his eye level, he gasped before looking at Kyle mentally asking if he saw my hands.

Kyle nodded silently before placing his hands on my shoulders, leading me to the dining table, sitting me down then sitting next to me. Zach walked over with stuff to clean my hands up, mumbling to himself.

"Jesus Sidney, you really roughed him up" Zach said. I looked at my hands, seeing blood covering them, scratches everywhere, and bruises starting to form. "Wow Sid I didn't know you had it in ya" Kyle added. I shrugged in response, letting Zach clean my hands up.

After sitting in silence for 5 minutes we heard Tori's door open and her shuffle down the hallway. She appeared in the dining room sitting down in the empty chair next to me. We all sat there looking at each other not saying anything. Zach finally finished up with my hands and stood up to put all the first aid stuff away in the bathroom. I followed him, grabbing Kyle along the way.

"Thank you guys for being here, but I think it's time for you all to go. Tori and I need some girl time, Zach I promise I will call if we need anything, and Kyle sorry for the whole hitting Jake thing when you said that you believed I wouldn't. Oh and thanks for going to the store for me Zach, it's greatly appreciated." I told them.

"Sidney I'm staying here to make sure Tori's fine" Zach said.

"No Zach you need to go, I'll be here and I won't let her do anything you wouldn't. So please just go, we really need girl time" I said to Zach.

He grumbled and looked like he was going to argue again but I gave him a pointed look telling him to go. He sighed in defeat before walking over and hugging Tori goodbye, then doing the same with me. Kyle followed his lead and hugged us both goodbye, following Zach out the door.

"Sidney I swear if you need anything or anything happens you better call me immediately" Zach said again before finally leaving.

I walked back to the dining room, sitting down next to Tori. We looked at each other both knowing exactly how the rest of our weekend was going. Tori grabbed a bunch of blankets and set up the TV while I grabbed the ice cream and junk food.

We both sat down, eating ice cream, starting to watch 'Dear John'. Soon we were both crying, cursing ourselves for picking such movie.

*

As soon as the movie ended and we cleaned ourselves up Tori turned to me saying "I heard everything you said, and I wanted to say thank you."

"Honestly Tor it needed to be said, you don't need to thank me. I'd be happy to say it again" I replied.

"Well I'm thanking you so accept it, and I'd like to ask what happened that made Zach scream what the hell?" She said with a small giggle.

"Oh, um, I was in the midst of smacking Jake silly" I said while looking at my hands.

"Geez Sid! Look at your hands! I can't believe you did that, how bad does he look?" Tori asked while looking at my bandaged hands.

"Um I didn't get a good look at him, but his lip is cut and he has a lot of bruises." I said back, smirking while thinking about my handiwork.

Tori gasped slapping my shoulder before falling into uncontrollable laughter. I sat looking at her for a couple of minutes, happy to have her back, before starting to laugh as well.

When we finally stopped laughing, we looked at each other and cracked up again, why I'm friends with her still amazes me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiya!

Sorry we haven't updated in such a long time. Hopefully this chapter makes up for that, and we have most of the next chapter written. We don't know when we will update the next chapter, soon probably!

-Natalie and Abby :)