Sequel: Trust Issues
Status: Drabble. This is done. If there is enough interest, I may do a full-length fic with this pair.

Love in the Sky

One and done drabble

How does it feel?

Do you feel like you did before?


One simple touch.

One simple kiss.

Lips melding together, fingers touching everywhere. She couldn’t get enough of him and his frenzied movements let her know that he felt the same way.

It was the way his lips bit at her skin, how his hair was dark on the top of his head but his stubble was ginger. The way he blended the pleasure and the pain, a pinch smoothed by a caress, a smack turned into licks and nibbles. It was how he made something so physical into something transcendental.

Every moment felt like it was a piece of forever, given just to them.

Do you see the world getting small?

Now, well now, things were different. He was all over the world playing professional hockey. She was still stuck in between Toronto and Whitby, her burgeoning career and family pulling into two different directions.

Memories from a magical summer were fading. It had been five years ago, only five years ago but it felt like a lifetime ago. She had a relationship, decisions to make about staying in Toronto. It was time to grow up and leave childish things behind.

“Hey, Tiffany.”

She turned around, eyes wide. It had been so long since she heard that voice. His once youthful and acne riddled face had hinted at a rugged handsomeness that had finally been fulfilled. His blue eyes were still mischievous, a slightly sarcastic smirk on his face.

Images and words rushed into her mind, things long forgotten brought to the surface. Then she looked down at the third finger of her left hand. His eyes looked at her finger as well and when she looked up, she saw his blue eyes stare at her, filled with hurt and regret.

“Hi, James.”