Escape From This Afterlife

Chapter 1

Flashback.

"But how do I know I'll see you again?" I asked through tears, looking up at the guy who has made me smile since day one. My heart was breaking.

"You will," he cupped my face in my hands, "I promise."

I shook my head and looked down at my feet, not able to deal with the amount of pain I was feeling. He planted a kiss on my head and lifted my chin.

"I'll see you soon." He wiped a tear away. "Sooner than you think."

I nodded, trying to be alright with it. I wasn't.

I just got done re-reading the last e-mail I sent Brian. It's status was unread. It's been a little over a year since I last saw him. I told myself he was just too busy to check his e-mail, so I wouldn't be let down. But that didn't last long. Sighing, I closed my laptop and laid down on my bed. He forgot about me. There was no other excuse as to why he hasn't called. Why he hasn't written me back. There's no other reason. He was living the high life now. He didn't have room to think of someone like me.

It was finally here. The day I have been counting down for. The Avenged Sevenfold show at the Pavilion. I put a black X through November 10th on the calender, and put my sharpie down. I smiled at the date and quickly got ready. I was going to see Avenged Sevenfold for the thousandth time. It was hard not to be excited to see the guys you grew up with. But it was depressing to know they didn't recognize you at all. I didn't meet them at any of their shows, since I didn't have the time to wait. But I could have sworn I caught Brian's eye. He didn't react.

I was on the road. I was blaring Sidewinder as I sped down the highway. Words couldn't describe how happy I was at the moment. Knowing I'd be seeing Matt, Brian, Zach, Jimmy, and Johnny just made me smile. Even if they didn't remember me, it was still great to see them. I reached the pavilion and I parked my car. I draped my laminated 'front-of-the-line' pass around my neck and held onto my ticket as I made my way to the line that was forever long. I smirked to myself as I walked to the front of it.

"Go ahead," the security guard said as I showed him the pass.

I walked inside and saw that not many people were in there. Since I had nothing to do except wait, I decided to go out to the back of the building and have a smoke. It was barren. No cars or buses were parked as I rounded the sharp corner. I leaned back against the wall and rested a Marlboro between my lips. I lifted the lighter to the cigarette and lit the end. I sighed in relief as I blew out some smoke.

"Got another one of those?" A small voice asked as I lifted the cigarette back to my lips.

I jumped hearing the voice. I must've zoned out. I turned and saw Brian, 'Synyster Gates' walking towards me. My heart stopped and my eyes widened. Was it even safe for him to be by himself without Thor or a body guard with him? My thoughts broke when he got closer and chuckled. "If you don't, that's okay. I'll put up with Zacky's shitty newports," he started to walk backwards away from me.

"No, I have some." I laughed and nervously pulled out my pack.

"Thanks." he laughed and walked back towards me. "I ran out this morning." I held the pack open and he pulled one out. "Light?"

I held up my lighter and flicked it so a flame danced out of it. The end lit, and I put it back away in my pocket. He sighed and exhaled smoke. "These are the best damn cigarettes known to man," he said with his eyes closed.

"Yeah." I laughed, remembering he said the same thing when we were at the park forever ago.

"So are you a fan or are you just one of those people who hang around selling tickets for 100 bucks?" He asked, then put the cigarette back to his lips.

"I'm here for the show." I laughed. What should I say? Oh no, I'm here to tell you how I still love you from High School. Don't think so!

"Brian!" a voice called from a distance.

The two of us looked up and saw Thor walking towards us. His almost-Grey hair flowing behind him. I laughed a little at how funny it looked. A guy with tattoos on his arms and legs had flowing hair. I was amused.

"Ey Thor." Brian waved a little.

"What are you doing back here? Larry's been looking for you." He finally reached us.

"I just came out to get a smoke and saw I was out. She offered me one." He nodded towards me.

"You're not a crazed fan are you?" Thor raised one of his bushy eye brows.

"Not as crazy as some," I informed him, laughing.

"That's good." He put his hand on Brian's back. "Well, you've gotta go. Larry's pissed already."

"Alright." He stomped out his cigarette and turned back to me. My legs went weak. But I had just enough strength to stop myself from falling and looking like an idiot in front of Brian. "Thanks." He smiled.

"No problem." I smiled back, wishing I could just remind him of who I was. But would it have even worked?

"See ya around." He nodded and walked off.

Of course he wasn't going to ask for my name. It's not like he cared. I was just someone who gave him something he was addicted to. Even if he did ask, he wouldn't have known who I was, I'm sure. Sighing, I stomped out my cigarette and walked back inside the Pavilion then walked to the pit to get in the front.