Escape From This Afterlife

Chapter 11

Flashback.

"NO!" I yelled at Brian for the last time.

"It's just prom!"

"No! No! NO! I'm not going!" I crossed my arms and turned away from him.

He just grabbed me and pulled me to him. He pressed his lips against mine, trying to get me weak. He got his wish, and I gave in. Oh how I hated him.

I groaned as I felt Brian move next to me. I was so comfortable, but he just had to get up. I wrapped my arms around his pillow and breathed in his sweet scent. He pressed his lips to my head and I distantly heard the bathroom door close. I slowly fell back asleep, not realizing that today was the day he was leaving on tour with the guys. If I had known, I would be up and with him every second till the left.

A half hour later he came out of the bathroom with a bag of things he needed. "Emily." He whispered in my ear and rubbed my back.

"Fuck off." I mumbled into his pillow, just wanting to sleep. When I was tired, I was tired. You don't wake me up.

He sighed. "Baby, I'm leaving."

My eyes widened, and I sat up. "What?" I asked sadly.

"We're going on tour with Iron Maiden." He reminded me.

"No." I groaned and put my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He sighed and kissed my head. "I have to go now though. I took forever in the shower." He laughed.

I pulled away. "I want to come with you." I frowned.

"You can't. You're not stable enough." He sighed. "I wish you could." he planted a kiss on my forehead.

"This isn't fair." I pouted and crossed my arms.

"I'll see you soon enough. I promise." He kissed me.

"Promise you won't find someone else?" I asked in a small voice, not wanting to think of him being someone else.

He lifted my chin with his index finger and thumb. "I wouldn't even think about it."

I smiled a little and sat up to kiss him, putting my hand on the back of his neck. I wanted to cherish every second I had with him. He was leaving me for a few months, and I didn't want to be alone.

He stroked my hair then pulled away. "I'll call when we land, okay?" He slung his book bag on and slipped into his shoes.

"Okay." I sighed. "Tell everyone I say hi and good luck."

"I will. I love you." He said once he got to the door.

"I love you too." I smiled.

He walked out and left. I walked over to the window and saw him get into his black BMW. I sighed and watched him drive off. Great. I was alone. What was I going to do?

A month later.

"Happy birthday to me." I sighed, blowing out the pathetic candle on the huge cake I made. I was bored. What else was there to do?

I thought I heard the front door open, but it could have just been me hoping someone was coming to surprise me. I sighed and licked the end of the candle, then cut myself a little piece of cake. I hated being alone. Especially on my birthday.

"Cut me a piece?" The voice made me jump.

I spun around in my seat and saw Brian standing there with his hands behind his back, and a huge grin on his face. "BRIAN!" I jumped out of the chair and jumped on him, wrapping both my arms and legs around him.

He laughed and held me up under my thighs. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. I kissed him back deeply, missing him so much. After a while we both pulled away. "Happy birthday baby." he smiled.

"How were you able to come back?" I put my hand on his cheek and looked at him.

"We had the day off. And the guys knew it was your birthday, so they let me fly out here."

I smiled and kissed him again happily. He set me back down on the ground and grabbed the present. "I got you something."

"What is it?" I smiled sitting down at the island with him.

"Go ahead, open it." He handed it to me.

I pulled back the wrapping paper and looked down at the black box. it was long and rectangular. "Brian." I smiled and opened it, revealing a beautiful, sparking diamond bracelet. I gasped at how breath taking it was. "I love it!"

"I was hoping you would." He smiled and kissed me.

I kissed him back happily. After a while, we walked to the living room with our cake and sat on the couch together. "So how's the tour?" I asked eating a piece of the cake.

"Pretty good. Every morning sucks though." He laughed. "The hangovers are the worst on this tour."

I laughed and shook my head. "Well maybe you shouldn't drink so much."

"You know how hard that is for me." He laughed and put his feet up on the coffee table.

"I should know better than to tell you to stop drinking." I laughed.

"You really should." He laughed and took a bite of the cake. "But I have cleaned up."

"How?" I put my legs over his and turned to him.

"I stopped doing drugs."

"That's good. I'm proud of you." I smiled. It's been a long time since I even thought about drugs. I was glad to see Brian was able to make this fight with me.

"I just thought it wasn't fair if I did and you didn't." He shrugged.

"I'm glad." I kissed him smiling.

He smirked and licked the icing off my lips. "Ew." I laughed and pulled away.

"Couldn't help myself." He smirked.