Escape From This Afterlife

Chapter 12

Flashback.

I looked at him sleeping next to me. He was so peaceful. I never thought that Brian of all people could look so cute and quiet when he was asleep. I lifted my hand to his face and stroked his cheek. I pressed my lips to his forehead and looked back down at him. The corners of his lips lifted into a smile. I felt his arms slither around me, pulling me closer to him. "I love you." he told me with his eyes closed. My heart stopped. I couldn't believe he just told me that.

"Emily!" Zacky smiled as I walked to the lot where the bus was.

"Zach!" I laughed as he ran to me and hugged me tightly.

"I haven't seen you in so long!" He said as he squeezed me.

"I know," I laughed. I smiled at him as he set me back down. "You look good." I laughed and hit his cheek.

"And I didn't before?" He frowned.

"Well you were green." I laughed. "But you're all snazzy looking."

"Snazzy? Hmmm. Thank you."

"Don't compliment him. Everything you say will go right to his head." Brian whispered in my ear.

I laughed and walked with him to the bus. Matt, Jimmy and Johnny were sitting down in the back watching a movie on the couch. "Hey guys." I smiled and waved to them. After we all said hi, the guys, minus Brian, went out to dinner. I stayed behind with him.

"How come you didn't want to go?" I asked after I changed into my pajama's, which was actually one of Brian's shirts that almost came to my knees.

"We're recording tomorrow and I don't want a hangover." He laughed and sat down on the couch in the back, flipping the TV on.

"Well that's good." I smiled and snuggled up to his side, putting my legs over his lap. He put his hand on my outer thigh, holding me close to him. "Well we've got time alone. That's not going to happen a whole lot." I laughed.

"Nope. Unless you want 5-8 guys hearing you and or watching you." He laughed and sipped his beer.

"Gross." I grimaced.

"Oh it's happened before." he laughed and rubbed my leg. "Matt and Val were back here after a show, and-"

"You're done. I don't want to hear it." I covered my ears, still grimacing.

He laughed and kissed my forehead. "Alright. It's a good story though."

"I don't think any story about my friends having sex makes a good story, personally."

"Suit yourself." He shrugged laughing.

I rested my head on his chest and traced a tattoo on his arm that was on my leg. It was nice to just have some down time with Brian. Either we saw each other for a few minutes, or we were out at some bar getting drunk. I turned my head a little and kissed the crook of his neck. A smile spread across his face and he pulled me closer to him. "I'm really glad you cleaned up." I admitted.

"What brought that up?" He looked down at me.

"I don't know. I've just been thinking about it." I shrugged, still tracing a tattoo. I could do this all day.

"Oh." He nodded. "Well I'm glad it makes you happy."

"It's good to know I'm not in this fight alone." I looked up at him.

He looked down at me and kissed me softly. "You'll never be alone."

I smiled and put my hand on the back of his neck, pulling him closer to me. Our lips were pressed together, and he ran his hand up my outer thigh to my hip. After a little while we both pulled away. "I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too." He smiled and stroked my cheek, planting a kiss on my head.

I snuggled up to him and closed my eyes. He noticed I was tired and pulled a blanket over me and pulled it up to my shoulders. I smiled and kissed his chest with my eyes closed. He rubbed my back and kissed my head once more before I fell asleep completely.

"No dude. She was fine as hell." I heard someone laugh. It sounded a lot like Zacky.

"You need to find yourself a girl, dude. All you have are strippers." Brian laughed.

"Yeah man. We gotta find you someone." Matt joked.

"I'm fine with strippers. That way you don't have to worry about cheating. You're never with them to begin with."

Silence.

"Johnny what the fuck! Don't smoke it all!" Brian laughed.

I opened my eyes hearing everyone. I noticed the door was closed and I was in the back by myself. The room was dark, and the only source of light was the moon flooding through the shingles. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Then I smelled it. It was a gross smell. And it could only be one thing.

I got to my feet after finding my balance and opened the door quietly, not wanting them to hear me. Sure enough, all the guys were out at the front of the bus. I saw smoke rise up from something. I couldn't make out what it was since the bunks were in the way. Then my heart stopped. I saw Brian lean forward with a joint pinched between his fingers. He laughed and handed it to Jimmy, who took it.

"I'm going to grab some JD." Zacky stood up and plodded to the cabinet. "What the fuck where is it?"

"Oh, it's in the back. I'll grab it." Brian pushed himself up off the couch and made his way back to where I was.

I jumped away from the door and ran to the couch. I pulled the blanket over me and laid back down like I had been and closed my eyes. I heard the door creak open, and heard Brian cough quietly. I heard his heavy footsteps next to me. He smelled like pot and I couldn't stand it. My eyes started to water and I couldn't control myself. How could he do that? He lied to me.

The door closed again and I opened my eyes. I sat up and wiped the tears away that were rolling down my cheeks. What was I going to do? I just caught him doing pot after he told me he cleaned up. I'm so fucking stupid to fall for his dumb tricks again. He did that back in high school, and I had to deal with it now. Underneath all the fame and glamor, he didn't change one bit. I didn't know if i was happy about it or completely discusted.