Escape From This Afterlife

Chapter 17

"What's wrong, Em?" Zacky asked as he walked past me to go to the kitchen.

I was zoning out, sitting on the couch. The guys were over to discuss the record and some new ideas. I have been sitting on the couch for the past hour staring blankly at the ground, thinking about the text and what was really going on with Brian. "Nothing," I mumbled, not blinking.

"I know something is wrong." Zacky walked over and sat next to me. "Talk to me." He wrapped his arm around me and looked me in the eyes.

"Zacky," I sighed trying to keep the salty tears in my eyes, "it's Brian." I mumbled.

"What's going on?" He rubbed my back, curious.

"I think," I took a deep breath and pulled myself together trying not to cry, "I think he's cheating."

Zacky's eyes widened and he stared at me in shock. "Why do you think that?" He asked appalled.

"He's been staying out late," I murmured, "and he got a text from this girl named Amy about her leaving her jacket in his car." I looked up at him sadly.

Zacky started laughing. His booming laughter filled the empty room where we sat. "What?" I looked at him, slightly insulted.

"Amy? Emily, are you serious?" He laughed and put his hand on his stomach.

"Zach, just tell me what the fuck is going on," I said getting upset.

He finally stopped laughing and looked me in the eye. "Amy. That doesn't ring a bell at all?"

"No, Zach," I said angrily. "Just tell me!"

"Matt's sister!" He laughed. "Amy is Matt's sister. She was piss ass drunk and we all went out to the bar. Brian took her home cause she was too intoxicated to drive, and she lives right by you guys."

I sighed and looked down feeling like an idiot. How could I think Brian was cheating on me? I knew Matt's sister Amy. "I guess I didn't think of that." I mumbled.

Zacky laughed. "You have nothing to worry about, Em."

"I feel so stupid." I laughed a little and ran my fingers through my hair, relieved.

"Brian would never cheat on you, babe." He smiled and stood up. "So don't worry."

"Thanks," I chuckled. Zacky waved and walked back to his bunk. "Oh my god," I said to myself, running my hands down my face. "How could I be so stupid?"

"Why are you talking to yourself?" Someone asked, making me jump.

I sat up instantly, opening my eyes. It was Brian and he was looking at me with one eye brow raised. "Hi." I laughed, blushing.

"Am I interrupting your conversation with yourself? If you are, I can leave." He laughed and pointed to the door.

I rolled my eyes then grabbed him by his shirt to pull him down to me. He fit himself between my legs as he sat on his knees and kissed me smiling. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we kissed, feeling so relieved. Feeling his lips on mine just let me know how much I truly loved him. I wouldn't trade this for the world. Brian and I made a vow to one another that we wouldn't cheat. I don't know why I couldn't believe his words when I read that message.

Brian pulled away after a while with a smile on his face. "What was that for?" he stroked my cheek.

"Do I need a reason to kiss my fiance?" I smirked and kissed him again.

"No." He mumbled against my lips and kissed me back.

I pulled away slowly, my eyes still closed. I bit my lips together with a smile. "I love you," I told him, meaning every word.

"I love you too, Emily. More than anything." Brian smiled and pecked my lips.

"We need to look at places for the wedding," I reminded him, playing with the necklace that fell over his shirt.

"When we get home," he kissed me, "I promise."

"Okay." I smiled and kissed him.

Brian stood up, then picked me up in his arms. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing his cheek. He made his way back to his bunk and pulled the curtain back. He laid me down on my back and crawled in next to me. I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him softly. "I don't think you realize how lost I'd be with out you." I admitted quietly.

Brian grinned and brushed the hair out of my face. "I'd die with out you." His thumb lightly ran across the corner of my lips. "I needed you back in high school, and I need you now. That will never change."

I blushed and put my hand over his. "I can't believe we're getting married."

"Me either." He kissed my hand softly. "I can't believe you're mine."

I smiled and snuggled up against his chest. "I just can't wait to go home to see Sierra." I mumbled against his chest.

"I know." He rubbed my back and kissed my head. "It'll be nice to be alone with you two."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, pulling myself even closer to his warm body. He kissed my head one last time before I finally fell asleep. I was so relieved and happy that he wasn't cheating. It was one less thing I had to worry about. Thank god he's still mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly didn't like this part. But I wanted to update. The next one will be better, hopefully.
You know the drill. Comment or no more updates!