Escape From This Afterlife

Chapter 2

Flashback.

"Brian! Stop!" I laughed as I tried to pry his hands off my sides. He was tickling me and he knew I was way ticklish.

"Nope." He smirked and continued to run his fingers lightly against my sides. After a while, he stopped. I regained my breath and he kissed me sweetly.

I laughed against his lips and kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. He put his hands gently on my sides. I felt the corner of his lips twitch up into a smirk. I knew what he was going to do. "NO!" I laughed as he started tickling me again

"Thank you, good night!" Matt waved as he walked off stage along with Brian, Zacky, and Johnny. Jimmy hopped down from the drum set, threw his drum sticks into the crowd and walked off behind them. It was amazing. Of course it was. Avenged Sevenfold always put on a great show. I pushed my way out of the crowd and walked outside. I looked around to see if I could find their bus, but I didn't see it anywhere. I decided I should just go back to my car and go home. So I did, being washed over by disappointment.

A few days later, I threw my bags into the trunk of my car. I was going to Ohio to visit some family members. I got into the car and put on a random CD as I drove to the airport. Atreyu blasted through my speakers. I drummed my fingers along the steering wheel to 'Blow' as I took the exit to the airport. I parked in the extended-time lot and took the shuttle to the airport. It was 4 in the morning. I was dead tired.

I bought myself a magazine and sat down by the gateway, waiting for the plane. I crossed my legs and began reading. There were a few people in the seats surrounding the gateway, but other than that it was totally vacant. I turned a page, interrupting the ear-splitting silence, and read the headline: Avenged Sevenfold: Back Again

I was automatically interested in the article. It talked bout how they were going to have time off to work on new stuff, and then go back on tour again. "Man fuck you!" I heard a voice laugh.

I looked up and saw a guy in a faded blue jacket, and shades. My heart lept when I saw who it was. Zacky Baker. One of my best friends from high school. He laughed and shoved Brian. My heart lept again. Brian stumbled a little but shoved Zacky back and continued walking. Brian's hair was spiked up and curved a little, as he wore it nowadays, and he was wearing one of his clothing line shirts. He looked so perfect.

"Brian!" Matt yelled as he walked with Jimmy behind everyone.

"What?" Brian spun around.

I realized I had been staring, and I looked down instantly. I didn't know what to say or what to do. I would've felt stupid walking over to them and asking for an autograph or a picture. I'm 25 years old. I should be over my little crushes from High School.

"OH MY GOD! EMILY!" I heard a voice yell.

I snapped my head up and saw Zacky running towards me. I smiled and jumped up, happy he remembered me. He picked me up and spun me around. I laughed and wrapped my arms around him. He finally set me back down on my feet. "What are you doing here?!" he smiled.

"I'm going home to visit family." I smiled and tucked some hair behind my ear.

"How's everyone?" He slipped his book bag off and set it down in a chair.

"Good." I nodded, blushing.

"That's great." He smiled. "I haven't seen you in so long."

"I know." I blushed even more. "I thought you guys forgot about me."

"I sure didn't. I still have the picture of us in the photo booth." He laughed and pulled out his wallet. He flipped it opened and dug through pictures. He pulled out a folded picture. Zacky opened it and it sure enough was a picture of us in one of those photo booths at the movies.

"I can't believe you still have it!" I laughed.

"Are you kidding?" He laughed and put it away. "It hasn't come out of my wallet since we took it."

"Sorry to ruin your reunion Zach, but we've got a plane to catch," Matt said coming up behind him and patting his back.

"Dude." Zacky dropped his jaw and pointed to me.

Matt looked at me and then flipped out. "OH MY GOD EMILY!" He pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Matt!" I laughed. "I can't breathe!"

He squeezed me tightly and then let me go. "Oh my god! I haven't seen you in so long!"

"Well, technically you saw me a few days ago, but," I trailed off.

"What?" Zacky asked confused.

I laughed. He was still the clueless idiot from high school. "I went to the show at the Pavilion the other day."

"OH! Why didn't you call one of us or something?" Matt smiled.

"Well it's hard to do that when I don't have any of your numbers." I laughed.

"Here." Zacky flipped out his green sidekick. "What's yours?"

The three of us exchanged numbers, and then Jimmy, Johnny, and the guy who has had my heart since high school joined us. "I'm still taller." Jimmy laughed and ruffled my hair.

"That's cause you're a fucking giant, ya moron." I pushed his shoulder.

It felt so great being back with my friends. But Brian was quiet the whole time. Did he remember me? "Dude, why didn't you tell us she was the one you got a smoke from?" Johnny asked as he put his stuff down.

"I don't know." He laughed and then glanced at me.

How could he still have my heart? It's been 45876348576 years since I last saw him. He's so perfect. He still has those amazing hazel eyes. That amazing smile that broke your heart. and that amazing, sweet scent. I obviously didn't let things go easily. But it confused me how distant Brian was. Maybe he didn't remember me. But maybe he did and just didn't know what to say? No, he didn't remember.