Escape From This Afterlife

Chapter 20. The Finale.

"Brian!" I yelled as Sierra, Drew, and Maggie tackled me to the ground.

Brian ran in and laughed seeing the kids all on me. "Alright guys. Give Mom a rest." He picked Sierra up and Drew up with his other arm.

I held Maggie to me and kissed her head. "You guys wear me out." I laughed and stood up with her in my arms.

"I think it's bed time kids," Brian said as he made his way to their room.

I smiled and watched Brian put each of the kids to bed. He was such a great father and I loved watching him play, sing, and talk to the kids. He loved them so much even though one of them weren't his. Maggie was adopted from Guatemala. Drew was our second child, and he was only 1. The same age as Maggie. Sierra was now 2 and a half. Brian and I have been married for a year and a half already, and it's been amazing.

He's had more time off to help with the kids, and just to be with me. When we wanted to be alone, we took the kids over to Zacky and Gena's house since they had a kid of their own now. Gena was always calling me to help her with their baby girl, Ellie. Our kids got along, but Drew thought he was the best out of all the girls. Typical boy behavior, huh?

Brian kissed their foreheads then made his way back over to me by the door. He flipped the light switch off and looked at me. "I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too baby." He kissed my forehead and walked out of the room with me by his side. "So, I was thinking you and I," he pulled me against him as we walked towards the bed, "should have some time alone." He kicked the door closed once we walked into the room.

"Really?" I smirked and wrapped my arms around his neck and looked up into his eyes.

"Really." He smirked and pinned me down on the bed, climbing ontop of me. He kissed me deeply and laced our fingers together.

I arched my back so my body was against his and kissed him back. He finally let go of my hands after he felt the need to put his hands on my hips. After a while, we both pulled away from each other. This always happened because of me. I still felt embarrassed about my body after the kids.

"I didn't get to finish though." He laughed and laid next to me, holding me close to him.

"What?" I asked confused, completely forgetting that he was saying something.

"I want us to be alone for a while." He rubbed my back and kissed my head. "Just you and me. No kids. No body to bother us."

"Where did you want to go?" I looked up at him putting my hand on his chest.

"I was thinking Hawaii. I know you haven't been there and you always talk about how you want to go sometime."

I smiled and pressed my lips against his, so excited that we would be alone. "It'll be so much fun."

"Well we leave tomorrow." He laughed and kissed my forehead.

"AH!" I jumped up right before he was about to kiss me. "We have to pack!" I jumped out of bed and grabbed my suitcase from under it. "What am I going to bring? Oh geeze." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Emily." Brian laughed and shook his head as I continued to flip out. I didn't listen to him so he got up and started to help pack.

The plane ride was awful. I hate planes. I get motion sickness. So when we finally reached Hawaii, I felt like kissing the ground. Brian and I left the airport in a hurry to get to our hotel. It was amazing. The view was gorgeous. Of course Brian and I went straight to the bar, then to the beach.

"This is so amazing." I whispered as the sun was setting, snuggling against Brian's warm body.

"I know." He whispered back, running his fingertips lightly up and down my back as he sipped his beer.

"I love you so much, Brian." I said quietly as I drew designs on his stomach. "I don't think you know how much I do."

He smiled and lifted my chin so I was looking into his eyes. "When I left you back in high school, it was the biggest mistake of my life. I never wanted to leave you in the first place. I just didn't want to mess things up between us, being out on the road. I knew I would get too drunk one night and end up finding another girl in my bed. I didn't want to hurt you." He sighed. "I know I still did, but I didn't want to."

My eyes started to tear up, yet he continued. "Then when you came back, and I saw you asleep next to me, I felt like I did back in high school. I was so in love with you. I was still in love with you. I couldn't get my mind off you. And when I finally had you back again, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. Being with you has made me the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. I want you to know that you mean the world to me. And if it wasn't for you, I would probably be a drug addict with no future. So I owe it to you that I am as happy as I am today. No one could do that."

I let a few tears roll down my cheeks as he looked into my eyes. "Baby, don't cry." He wiped my tears away with his thumb.

"I can't help it." I laughed a little and looked down at the ground. "I just can't even begin to put into words how you make me feel."

"I know." He kissed my head. "I can't think of the right words to tell you how much you mean to me."

I looked up at him and pecked his lips. "I'm so glad I'm going to be spending the rest of my life with you." I kissed his lips again.

"I wouldn't want it any other way." He smiled and kissed me back. "I love you Emily Marie Haner. And I always will."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know the ending sucked. I'm sorry.
I can't believe it's over 0.o
Oh well. Please comment and let me know what you think!