Escape From This Afterlife

Chapter 3

Flashback.

"I fucking hate you!" I yelled, shoving Brian back against the wall, making a picture fall.

"Don't touch me like that!" He yelled.

"Don't tell me what to fucking do!" I pushed him and walked away.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him. His lips crashed against mine roughly. I gave in and kissed him back. He was too good at making me feel weak.

I heard my cell phone vibrate against the marble counter as I made myself a smoothie. There's nothing like a banana/strawberry smoothie. Especially made from home. I flipped open my Verizon Wireless EnV and smiled at the name.

From: Zacky Baker

You. Us. Bar. 30 minutes.

I laughed and closed my phone. I downed my smoothie quickly and then ran into my room to change. "I have nothing to wear!" I yelled as I rummaged through my drawers.

"What are you yelling about?" My sister Ellie asked leaning against the door frame.

"I have no cute clothes." I held up a Pantera shirt that I made. I threw it down in disgust.

"Yes you do." Ellie laughed and helped me look through my drawers. "What's the occasion?"

"I'm going out to a bar with the guys." I let my hair fall out of my pony tail and ruffled it to it fell into place against my shoulder blades.

"You mean, the guys?" She tucked her bangs behind her ears.

"Yes, Ellie. The guys." I laughed and looked at myself in the mirror as I held up another shirt to my chest. No luck.

"CAN I COME?!" She practically yelled.

I forgot. My sister was obsessed with Matt. I had him over one day back at our old home in Cali to study, and she wouldn't leave us alone. My sister is 2 years younger. So she acts like any younger sister would.

"Ellie, I don't know." I looked through my jeans drawer.

"Please! I really want to!"

"Okay, okay! Just let me tell them." I grabbed my phone and flipped it open. I quickly text Zacky to let him know, and he replied with an 'Okay'.

15 minutes passed as I was dressed from head to toe. I was wearing some skinny jeans with black flats, with an Atreyu tank top. I wanted to look cute, but I didn't want to be too much. The last time the guys saw me in high school, I was such a tomboy. I didn't want them to know how much I changed. Ellie was ready, and we sat in the living room waiting. Oh how long it seemed.

"They're here!" Ellie yelled as she peeked through the curtains.

We walked outside and Zacky got out, greeting us. "You look," he looked down at me trailing off.

"Like a girl!" Jimmy called from the backseat.

I flipped him off and hugged Zacky, laughing. "Everyone's there already. After you." He opened the door for us. Ellie and I climbed in.

We reached the club in little under a half hour and the four of us walked inside. Ellie was already smiling. She was head over heels for Matt. Kinda like how I was with Brian. Only I didn't show it. A mistake I always made. "Ey!" Matt smiled as he walked away from the bar to hug me. "You look great." he smiled.

"Thanks." I blushed. "You remember my sister Ellie, right?"

They hit it off right away. I smiled at how happy my sister was and I walked to the table with Zacky. Brian sat with Johnny. Obviously they had quite a few drinks. "Hey." I smiled at them.

"Whoa." Johnny said as he lifted the beer to his lips.

"Okay, I'm a girl." I laughed and scooted into the booth, next to him. "I'm sorry."

Zacky started texting as he sat down, sipping his beer. I glanced at his phone and saw the name Gena Paulhus. I smirked to myself and sipped my Sam Adams, not wanting to be nosy. I looked up under my eyelashes and saw Brian looked at me. I took in his expression and looked away. He looked concentrated. Like he was trying to figure something out. What did I do? Did I do something or say something wrong? Why was he giving me that look? I bit my lip and didn't look at him anymore that night.

After more drinks. More laughs. More in-depth conversations, I found myself leaning against Brian. My eyes were closed and my mouth was hanging open. Great. Now he thinks I'm a complete idiot. I wasn't really helping my image here.