Escape From This Afterlife

Chapter 5

Zacky's Flashback.

"Who's that?" I asked Matt as I saw Brian outside the bus with another girl.
"Some girl he met last night." Matt shrugged and sipped his beer.

"What about Emily?" I asked him, confused. I obviously wasn't filled in.

"You didn't hear?" He raised an eyebrow. He read my expression. "They broke up a few nights ago. He wants to forget her."

Ouch.

I shifted in my uncomfortable plane seat, trying to find a position that didn't squeeze my body. After a few different positions, I gave up. My eyes focused on the big puffs that surrounded the plane. I ignored the aching pain in my heart. I couldn't think about it anymore. But it was so hard to not feel the sharp pain that came from inside my chest. Was it possible to let it go?

The plane landed in California and I got off, happy to be back on the sandy shores of my hometown. Throwing my book bag over my shoulder, I walked out of the crowded airport and to the parking lot to get my car. On my way home I sat in silence. I was too weak to turn on music. Most likely it would be Avenged Sevenfold. I couldn't deal with the pain anymore.

A few days went by where I just sat in bed staring at my phone, waiting for it to go off. It didn't. I didn't get any phone calls, or texts from any of the guys. I knew this was going to happen. I shouldn't have let myself get attached to them for the short period of time we were reunited. I curled into a ball and let myself cry. I wasn't one to lash out my emotions, but it was all I could do in my empty house. It was just me.

"Can't you feel the poison rising out of the morning and clear through the night? You can feel my strength-" I smacked my phone, hitting a few buttons as I did. I lifted my head from the pillow and saw Zacky Baker flashing on the little screen. "Oh my god."

"Hello?" I asked, trying to hide the grogginess in my voice.

"Emily?" Zacky laughed. It relieved me. "Did I wake you up?"

"Uhm. No," I lied, running my fingers through my hair sitting up in bed.

"Sorry." He laughed. "I've been meaning to call you. It's just been busy around here."

"Oh no, don't be sorry. It's okay." I didn't want him to know I had been crying my eyes out.

"Well the tour it ending in a few days, and then we'll be heading back home. Will you be in town?"

"Yeah, of course. It's not like I have anywhere to go." I laughed a little, wiping the corners of my eyes.

"Great. Well either I'll call you or someone else will." He laughed. "I just wanted to let you know we didn't forget about ya."

I smiled. "That's good to know."

"Well I'll talk to you soon. See ya, Ems."

"Bye." I laughed and hung up my phone.

I fell backwards onto my bed again, happy that Zacky said they didn't forget about me. Words couldn't describe how happy I was. Not at all.

Today. Today was the day the guys were coming back in town. For the past week, that's all I have been thinking about. I was driving myself insane. But today I would see Brian again. My heart lept just thinking about seeing his beautiful face again. I was in my underwear. You know, those cute boy underwear? They were pink with white strips across the top and front. I was wearing the Avenged shirt I bought at one of their shows. It was a tight fit. But hey. It's not like anyone was around, so who cares?

Atreyu was blaring through my IHome as I cooked some cookies in the kitchen. I was dancing goofily, and singing into the spatula. I'm weird, but fuck it. I've only got one life to live, right? I put the cookies in the oven and I spun around, but bumped into someone and fell onto my ass. Who the fuck was in my kitchen?

I looked up and saw Brian. Yes, Brian Haner Jr. standing over me with a huge ass smirk on his face. "Oh my god." I blushed like mad.

"So this is what you do in your spare time?" He held out his hand for me to take.

I looked up at him wide-eyed and took his hand. He pulled me to my feet, and I stopped myself from falling back on my butt. "Dance in your underwear while you bake cookies?"

"How did you? Why are you?" I started, but couldn't finish. I can't believe Brian was in my kitchen, seeing me in my pink underwear, not to mention seeing my awful dancing.

He laughed. "Your front door was open." he turned off my IHome. He somehow managed to get the remote for it while he SNUCK INTO MY HOUSE! "And I smelled cookies. So, I came in and saw you." he smirked and looked me up and down.

I blushed. "I don't appreciate you coming into my house uninvited and unexpected." I laughed a little and looked up at him.

"Oh fine, you want me to leave?" He laughed and grabbed the spatula out of the bowl.

"No," I admitted. Of course I didn't want him to leave! "And give that back." I laughed and grabbed the spoon back right when he was going to lick it.

"Hey!" He laughed. "I was going to lick that."

"I know. But I don't want gross Brian germs on my utensils." I turned to put it in the sink, but out of the corner of my eye I saw him try to grab it.

"NO!" I shouted and ran out of the kitchen, holding it to my chest.

"Emily!" he laughed and reached out to grab me by my shirt, but I ran into the living room and jumped over the couch. He narrowed his eyes at me as I turned to him. The only thing stopping him from killing me to lick the spoon was the couch. "PLEASE?!" He frowned.

"No." I laughed and shook my head. "I told you! I don't want Brian germs on my spoon." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Okay, that's it." He jumped the couch so fast, I didn't have time to react. He pushed me onto the floor before I could even move. "HA!" He smirked and tried to grab the spoon again.

"Brian! Get off me!" I laughed and held the spoon tightly.

"Nope." He smirked. He leaned down to me and licked my cheek.

"GROSS!" I yelled and let go of the spoon on instinct to wipe my face. "DAMMIT!" I cursed when he grabbed the spoon and jumped up, licking it.

I propped myself up on my elbows and looked at him. "You haven't changed a bit." I laughed and wiped my cheek.

"Nope." He laughed and pulled off a chocolate chip and popped it in his mouth.

The door opened and the rest of the guys walked in, "Emily, sorry we're-- Okay what the hell is going on?" Jimmy asked as he walked in the living room.

I forgot. I was on the ground with my knees in the air in my underwear. This must've looked interesting. Brian just shrugged it off and walked into the kitchen, licking the spoon. I laughed and got up then walked over to greet the guys.