Escape From This Afterlife

Chapter 8

Flashback.

"Emily?" Brian gawked at me as he opened the door.

Tears were running down my face and I was soaked from the heavy downpour. My jacket was hugging my body, and my eye liner was running. I sniffled and walked to Brian then wrapped my arms around him. He pulled me tightly to him and shut the door. "What's wrong?" he cupped my face in his hands.

"They kicked me out." I sniffled, looking up at him.

"What?" He asked thunder stricken. "Your parents?"

"Yeah." I frowned and looked down.

"Em, I'm sorry." He sighed and wiped away my tears.

I couldn't help but crack a smile. It was so hard not to be happy around him.

"NO!" I laughed and shoved Brian as I ran away from him.

"Get back here!" He laughed and chased after me.

"Ah!" I laughed and ran behind a tent. What a mistake that was. Someone grabbed me around my waist and carried me out to the opening where the fire was going and everyone was toasting their marshmallows.

"Looking for this, Brian?" Matt asked holding me up off the ground.

"Let me go!" I laughed and tried to get out of Matt's strong grasp.

"Yeah," Brian laughed, "thanks," Matt let me go and Brian grabbed hold of me quickly, not giving me a chance to run away. "Ha." he laughed and slung me over his shoulder.

"NO! PUT ME DOWN!" I smacked his back and kicked my legs.

"Nope." He smirked and hit my butt.

"Brian!" I put my hand over where he hit me.

"What?" He laughed and walked towards the lake.

"Brian, I swear to god! I don't want to get wet! I told you!" I warned him.

I wasn't intimidating, apparently. Nor frightening. He tossed me into the lake, despite my warning. I hit the bottom of the lake, then pushed myself back up. "BRIAN YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!" I yelled, wiping the water off my face.

"Oh come on." He pulled off his shirt and hopped in. "It was funny." he made his way over to me, but I stepped back and splashed him.

"No, it wasn't. I have water up my nose and in my ears." I shook my head to the right to get the water out.

"Sorry." He laughed and grabbed me by my waist, pulling me to him.

"Ew." I shoved him. He looked at me hurt. "No, you threw me into this gross lake."

"Emily." He laughed.

"No! I don't care." I turned my back to him, crossing my arms.

"Baby." He put his hands on my hips and pressed his body against mine.

"No." I shook my head, trying to suppress a moan.

"Please?" He put my hair onto one side and started kissing my neck repeatedly.

"You lost your chance."

"I think I can gain it back." He turned me around so I was facing him. Before I could even reply, his lips pressed against mine. He pulled me into him and deepened the kiss slowly. I moaned softly and gave in. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him even closer. He backed me up against the edge of the lake, and put his hands on either side of me.

I put my hands on the back of his neck, and pressed my body to his. He moaned and ran his hands down my body, underneath my shirt. I inhaled sharply, remembering how good it felt with his skin on mine. He lifted my shirt a little, but stopped when someone unexpectedly shouted, "NOT HERE!"

We both pulled away and saw Zacky and his girlfriend Gena holding hands at the opening of the forest. "Sorry man." Brian laughed and stood at my side.

I blushed and bit my lip nervously. "We're going to tell scary stories. You guys up for it?"

"Yeah, sure." Brian nodded and hopped out.

"Hey. Help me." I laughed and held out my hand.

He took it then pulled me up out of the lake. "I'm soaked." I laughed and made my shirt unstick from my body. I was shaking from how cold it was, too.

"Me too." He laughed and laced our fingers together. We finally got back to the camp site and saw everyone still sitting around the fire. We both sat down after grabbing towels and wrapping them around us.

"Who's going first?" Matt asked as he wrapped his arm around Val who was eating a smore.

"I will." Jimmy raised his hand. He started off with a low, deep voice. He talked about an escaped mental patient from a mental institute and how he was going around and killing people who were in the forest. I got goosebumps on my arms, and shivers down my spine. Brian noticed and pulled me close to him smirking.

He ended the story and Zacky laughed. "That was gay."

"BOO!" Brian yelled.

"AH!" All the girls, even Johnny, shrieked.

Brian started laughing hysterically.

"That's not funny!" I smacked his chest.

He was hysterical. "Yes it was. You should've seen your face."

"God, I hate you." I mumbled and rolled my eyes, pushing his arm off my shoulders.

It was late, and we all had a few beers. Brian and I decided to turn in. "Night." We said to everyone and crawled inside our tent. "I still hate you for scaring me like that." I said pulling off my damp shirt and pulling on a tank top.

"It was so funny." He chuckled and stripped down to his boxers.

"No, it wasn't." I rolled my eyes and laid on my back to pull off my shorts, just to pull on some boxers I brought.

"Yes it was." He pulled me to him and kissed him.

I kissed him back, pulling the blanket over us. He pulled away with a smile on his face. "You're beautiful."

I blushed and pecked his lips. "You're not so bad yourself."

"So I've heard." He smirked and laid on his back.

"You're so arrogant." I rolled my eyes and rest my head on his chest.

"You love it." He closed his eyes and rubbed my back, slipping it underneath my shirt.

"I have to admit," I snuggled up to him, "I do,"

"Good." He smiled and kissed my head. "I love you." he whispered.

Did Brian just say he loves me? I blushed and looked up at him. "Do you mean it?"

"Of course. I wouldn't lie to you." He reassured me.

"I love you too. I always have," I admitted.

"Good to know." He smirked and kissed me softly.

I put my chin on his chest and ran my fingers through his hair happily as he closed his eyes again. I twirled a lock of hair on my index finger and let it go. I smiled and kissed almost every inch of his beautiful face. I couldn't get enough. It hasn't hit me yet that he's mine. The way I've wanted it to be since we met.