Postcards and Polaroids

Southern Constellations

"Are we there yet?" I nagged Red, she looked at me, narrowing her eyebrows then said "Why do you look so nervous?" I started stroking my hair and straightening my wrinkled Star Wars borrowed-muscle tee from Red, and told her that I wasn't nervous and why would I be nervous, it's just a concert of Pierce the Veil and a couple more bands; although, I am contemplating on ditching Red or just go to the concert and would leave right after, and not doing the hang out meet and greets of the bands. We stopped at 7-eleven to buy some food while we're going to wait outside the venue because it was still 4 pm and the concert doesn't start at 7. I bought some doughnuts and pretzels with a cup of slushy to compliment. I got back to the car earlier than Red so I had the chance to talk to my dad about this concert, on why he planned and bought us tickets.

"Hey, uh," I spoke looking at the rerview mirror to my dad. He took a sip of his iced tea before he turned to me. "Why did you buy us ticket for the show?" I asked him. At first, he just stared at me with his big almond-shaped eyes but after awhile he cleared his throat and began speaking, "It wasn't really planned at all, well t was but you never knew because your mom,"

"Step-mom," I interrupted him.

"Your step-mom," he repeated and did the quote-and-quote gesture before continuing his really long explanation about this plan he didn't tell me. "Your step mom uh, asked Bay and Red where they wanted to go and Red said she wanted to go to Florida because she wanted to go to Universal Studios but really, she wanted to go to this concert and she bugged your step-mom," he paused again doing the same quote-and-quote hand gesture with the matching funny facial expression. "Because Red is a really big fan of this Pierce the Veil band, and I told Grace that I heard that band from you too so I thought you'd like the idea too." I nodded my head slowly, biting my lip and just when I was suppose to explain my perspective, Red and Grace knocked at dad's window telling them to open up. So I didn't really had the chance to tell him what I wanted to tell him.

"Locking the door, eh?" Grace got in and strapped on her seatbelt. "You guys ready?" I turned to her and nodded while taking a drink through the small, thin blue straw of my slushy. Red turned to me and smiled "I'm so excited to see ptv!"

As we were getting nearer and near to the venue, my hand started to sweat because of my nervousness. I really don't know why I started feeling anxious of seeing them and him again. My dad dropped us off at the entrance where massive of people were lining up already for the show. There were long lines of girls and dudes sitting down or even sleeping, waiting for the hour the gates will be open. Red and I looked for the end of the line which took us 10 minutes to find and 5 minutes of walking from where we were standing (which is at the ticket and merch booth)

"Holy shit, I'm so fucking excited!" Red started pumping up her sleeves for the show, while there's me being worried that Vic will see me in the crowd on their set and probably if he did, he'll come out after the show and would look for me. "Aren't you excited?" Red asked me.

"Who me? I'm excited, it's not just showing. Look my hands are fucking sweating." I showed her my hands that were really soaking wet, well not literally but it's wet. Nope, I'm fucking nervous and excited at the same time.

"Do you think ptv would hang out after the show?" She asked me. "Uh, I really don't know." I bit my lip and looked down at my pretzel.

"I mean do you even imagine meeting ptv outside and hanging out with them? Oh my god, I remember having this dream; I met Pierce the Veil and Tony asked me to go hang out with them and holy fuck the line is fucking moving. Holy shit Kyle!" Red started screaming at the top of her lungs as she saw from a far the gates opened and they started letting people in. Shit, shit, shit get me out of here. Holy fuck.

Red and I got in calmly which is a miracle because Red managed to be calm from giving her ticket to the guy who would rip off the ticket to being inside the arena. We got in somewhere at the back which sucks (for Red) I was okay with being at the back because by that I have lower chance of being seen by Vic, which is really good.

"I want to be closer! Do you want to move?" Red shouted at my ear due to loud surroundings.

"Oh, no. I'm, I'm good. Do you want to?" I asked her back. But I really knew her answer, well it's too obvious since who doesn't want to be in front of a concert, right? She held my hand and started moving, dragging me and letting me hit people. I kept saying "Sorry," or "excuse me," and their looks were terrifying. It's like they wanted to kill the shit out of me. I mean everyone wants to be in front or is comfortable with their places and there was only limited space to move since it's a sold out show, so more people. I even stepped on someone's foot, a guy's foot, and it was quite embarrassing since he was somehow the same age as mine (i'm only 23) and he was tall and lanky and wore a beanie–the qualities I like on a guy. He looked at me, he stared at me and began laughing. So I laughed too. I pulled my hands out of Red's grip so I can apologize to the guy I stepped on.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to," Red started calling me from a distance. "I didn't mean to step on your foot. I'm really sor–" Red pulled my shirt and told me to move my ass out or else she'll leave me alone. I didn't bother turning my back at her, I started staring at the guy which I think is really creepy and it creeped him out too.

"Hey, uh, I think your friend's calling you. You should probably go and follow her. My foot is okay, don't mind it." He leaned in front of me and spoke near my ears. His voice was so deep, bold and loud. I apologized again after he spoke sexily in my ears. He nodded and smirked at me, he told me his name. "The name's Patrick. Nice to meet you, fella." I could still hear his soft-spoken voice in my ears. It was heaven. Again, right before I was going to open my mouth to introduce my name, Red dragged me and told Patrick to excuse us both; again, I never had the chance to even just say the first syllable of my damn name.

Red stopped walking and dragging me everywhere; we were in the fucking middle of the crowd, like literally in the middle. I asked Red why she dragged me all over the place just to be in the hardest and hottest place on earth. You know I could die because of this, either because of the Wall of Death or because of moshing. Thanks to Red. Well done. She told me she can't go further than this place because she can't go in anymore. She also said that our place was comfortable and could see all the bands unlike being at the very back. The opening-band started playing and we were just having fun. It was my first concert after 5 years of hiatus from my sophisticated life. Then here comes the band I've been waiting. My heart started throbbing as the guitar started to play in the background. Flashing lights were moving around the arena and the "ptv" backdrop lit up and people started screaming. Red started panicking as we saw their shadows from the backdrop. Red's scream came out like "ahhhh", "ahhh!!!!!!", "ahh? Ahhh? Ahh???" Or "ahHHHHH??!?!?". Mike came out and started hitting the drums, Jaime came out next having this big smile on his face, Tony walked out next, and Vic started shouting from backstage and greeted the crowd with a warm welcome and opening remarks. He soon then came out and held his mic, stood up in a platform and looking at the crowd. "What's up Orlando, Florida!" He shouted in his mic and immediately started clapping rhythmically his hands and played Bulls in the Bronx. Everyone jumped as high as they can and people opened pits up at the back of the crowd and they just enjoy listening to their set without thinking about their problems, they didn't care if they hit someone in the face, they don't care if they fall, the only thing that matter is that they're having fun while it lasts.

The concert finished around 11 pm and I really had fun. I never really thought it would be this fun, especially Pierce the Veil's set. It was still the same since 5 years ago; they never changed their kind of music. Red and I waited for our dad to come pick us up and it's taking him long so Red decided to go check out where the buses were, if there might be a chance that Pierce the Veil is there hanging out. It was freezing cold already outside. I could see the smoke coming out of my mouth whenever I talk; although, Fall is coming yet, it doesn't come until mid-november/december. Red stood at the barricade, waiting to see at least one band member.

"How long will this take, Kyle?" Red turned to me, still waiting. I shrugged because I've never done this before, I always had those VIP passes because either, the band's my friend or the band's vocalist is my boyfriend like for real not those who just want to party and those one-night stand girls.

"Hey, I'll uh, buy food. I'm kind hungry. Do you want anything?" I asked Red. I wasn't really that hungry actually, I just really want to be out there. I don't want to see Vic or vice versa. Red didn't want to eat anything so I made my way to the small food booth to buy water because I'm dehydrated and exhausted. I saw a big crowd on the other side, waiting for band dudes to come out when they won't eventually. I ordered my bottle of water to the guy assigned in the booth without looking. While I was unzipping my small wallet, a hug from the back surprised me. I dropped my wallet and I felt hot and the hug was so tight that I couldn't turn to see who it was but of course, I already have someone in my mind. I felt warm breath against my neck and hair and it felt like I've already felt this before, nostalgia. "I missed you, Kyle."

Holy shit. The hug only lasted for 20 seconds and he moved away and let go of me, my hands began to sweat again. I knew who it was and I felt scared, my head is telling me not to turn around and see his beautiful face but my desperate heart wants to. I turned around felt nauseous when our eyes met and for a second it felt like the whole world stopped before us and we were just there, staring at each other. I swallowed hard before I slightly opened my mouth, but I didn't know what to say. Should I say "hey nice to meet you," or "hey it's been 5 fucking years." Or should i just walk pass him and pretend like i didn't see him there which is really stupid. I made up my mind and I said "hey,"

I swallowed again waiting for him to speak. He got closer. I jerked back, hitting the wooden-top table. He smirked at me and handed me the bottle of water the guy was supposed to give me. "What, what are you doing here?" He stuttered. I grabbed the bottle of water from him and held it tightly. I felt sparks and chills in my stomach when I slightly felt his hand. I just looked down and tried fixing my train of thought. It was all lost, I couldn't think straight. I didn't know what to do. I am fucking lost in his eyes. "How do you know I'm here?" I asked him. I was slightly shaking. I mean, yeah I've met him before and even hanged out with him but I've never felt this good for 5 years and who wouldn't be shaking when you meet him.

"Do you really think I won't see you in the sea of crowd? I can't even barely take my eyes off you." He admitted. I felt uncomfortable, although; felt happy because it was nice feeling the same way it was before.

"Well, I really didn't think you'd notice me because there's a lot of people. And plus how did you find me here? I mean shouldn't you be flashed by the mob?" The was a small muffled sound of laughter coming from both of us. "Am I right or am I right?" I added. He let out a small laugh and smiled at me. I felt my cheeks burning by just his stare.

"God, I missed you so much." He sighed in relief. I saw Red coming from behind him; running because she knew it was Vic whom I was taking to. As soon as Red reached us, she started screaming but with no voice like she panicked without alerting people. Vic told her to calm down and it was just him, he also told her to pretend like he was just a normal person to avoid people crowding him, not that he didn't want to hang out with people, he just wanted to see me and hang out with me for awhile. Since Vic told her that, she looked at me and Vic with big wide eyes and confused look. She pointed at me and Vic, back and fourth, back and fourth. "You, you guys know each other?" She asked. I bit my lip and looked at Vic signaling him to explain further to Red.

"Are you guys friends?" Vic questioned me before explaining things to Red. I nodded and smirked, "Step sister. She's my step sister." He furrowed his eyebrows before raising them and clearing his throat.

"Uh, Kyle's my old friend. And it's been five or four year. I-I forgot but who cares, it's been a long time and the time as come for us to meet again so I'm uh, making the most out of it." He looked at me and his sweet smile strucked me hard. I can't resist his heartwarming smile.

Of course, Red was shocked and didn't know what to say since her all-new, or rather, 'just-met' step sister is friends with her favorite fucking band. "So you were the rumored girl Vic dated!" She blurted out. I bit my lip and swallowed hard. I wanted to punch Red at that time. I mean she was in front of Vic, the "rumored" guys I dated. Vic laughed and just said "Ahhh," He bit the edge of his index finger before looking right at me. I melted right before his very eyes. Ugh those lovely eyes. I shrugged and pouted my lips at Red, like I didn't know what she was taking about. I mean yeah, I seriously don't know what she's taking about. I don't even know that there were rumors about me and Vic "dating". My dad called me interrupting he whole misunderstanding-kind of thing. I dropped the call and told Vic that we needed to go. We exchanged goodbyes. I told Red to go first before me so I could go say good bye personally to Vic. I hugged him tightly and whispered under my breath, "It was nice hanging out with you again." I moved away but before he let go of my hand he pulled me back and kissed my cheek. I felt sparks in my stomach once again. I wanted go get back to him but my dad honked and broke the atmosphere between us. I waved back at him before walking to the car. I sat at the backseat reminiscing the kiss on my cheek. I could still feel his warm lips on my cheek. I pushed back my head to the headrest and closed my eyes and thought, "Tonight was something."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, Subscribers and Recommendations would be nice (▰˘◡˘▰)