Status: In Progress

Boys With Tattoos

.12

Donna.

The new car scent was starting to get to me, so I lit up a cigarette. Once I took a long drag and inhaled it into my lungs, I felt a little better. I glanced at the clock on the dash. I knew it was late, because it got dark a while ago.

11:13

I felt like the numbers were haunting me. Tom told Suzy that Courtney was hanging out with a friend and that she would be home before dark. I know that friend is Matt and it's way past dark, but no Courtney.

My anxiety was starting to rise and I tossed the cigarette out the window, since it didn't seem like it was helping anymore. I was busy wondering where the hell Courtney was. I was starting to regret not going after her. For all I know the gang could have shown up and Courtney could be hurt. Or she could be fine and she just lost track of time.

I sat there, letting my anxiety get the best of me. As it started to get too much to handle, I started my car, and threw it in gear. I had no idea where to even go to find her, but I guess I could just drive around until I find her. I just really hope she's okay.

A groan escaped my lips, knowing that I'd probably get lost, because in California, all the houses and streets look the same. I continued on, anyways. As I started to approach the corner where we met the guys, I saw a person stumbling along.

Please be Courtney.

I pulled up a little further and spotted Courtney's converse shoes. It felt like all the pressure in my chest had been lifted and blew away with the wind. I pulled up to the curb and tossed my car in park.

I got out of the car and noticed it was really dark. I looked up to see that the street light was burned out. I ended up shrugging it off, just trying to concentrate on Courtney. I started to walk towards her when I noticed she could barely walk.

Great. She's drunk.

I knew tonight was not going to be a good night. I continued to follow her a bit. I didn't want her to get scared and end up falling or hurting herself.

When she walked into the street, I turned my walk into a jog. My anxiety was back and I felt like something bad was going to happen. The street lit up with headlights and I knew Courtney had no idea how fast the car was going, but she kept walking. I started to think that the car would stop for her or she would make it to the other side, so I stayed where I was to keep an eye on her and that car.

For some stupid reason, Courtney stopped in the middle of the street. I glanced at the car to see it was coming full speed now. I started to panic and Courtney started to notice the car coming at her, full speed. Again, she didn't move. Once I heard the horn, I made a sprint towards her. I pushed her onto the ground just in time before the car hit her. I heard her head hit the cement as I fell on top of her.

A groan escaped from me and Courtney started pushing at my body, "Get off of me."

I did as she said and reached my hand out to help her up. She wanted nothing to do with it, "I don't need your help!"

That made me roll my eyes as I got to my feet, "C'mon, let's get home."

"You don't tell me what to do." Courtney pointed her finger at me as she scrambled to her feet. She lost her balance and fell forward.

I caught her right before she hit the ground. A sigh blew out of my mouth as I used this opportunity to get her into the car. Of course she tried fighting me the whole way.

"No! Leave me alone! I don't need your help, you back stabber! I hate you!"

My eyebrows furrowed up in confusion, wondering what the hell she was talking about.

She's drunk.

I had to keep reminding myself that. Finally I got her into the car and she passed out once her head hit the seat. I felt a little relieved, but then I started to worry. How the hell was I suppose to get her into the house?

Once we got home, I had to practically drag her into the house. Thankfully, Suzy was asleep. I did not want her to see Courtney like this. She would probably ground her for life.

I tossed her into her bed and sighed. I hope she stays sleeping now. I was exhausted. I don't want to be up all night with her. I heard her phone vibrate and curiosity got the best of me. I pulled her phone out of her pocket and looked at the text message. It was from Matt.

Hey, Babe! Why didn't you wake me up? Did you make it home okay? Let me know, please. I'll be worrying all night if you don't.

For some reason, I deleted the message so Courtney wouldn't see it. She doesn't need to be around them, anymore. I glanced at the time and realized it took me thirty minutes to get her home. I looked over at my bed, almost like it was calling me. I laid my head onto the pillow and I fell asleep.

The next morning I was woke up by puking noises. I peeked open an eye lid to find Courtney puking in the garbage can. I wrinkled my nose up in disgust, but went to help her anyways.

She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, "Go away."

That angered me, "Courtney, just let me fucking help you!"

"I don't need your help!"

I let out a loud groan, "Ugh! Fine, I hope you-"

"Girls, are you awake?" Suzy asked.

Courtney groaned and went back in her bed, so I answered for the both of us, "Yeah we are."

The door opened and Suzy walked in, "Courtney, did you have fun with your friend last night? Who is she? Have I met her before?" She rattled out question after question.

I know Courtney had a hangover so I took the liberty in answering for her, "She's got a stomach bug or something."

Suzy frowned, "Aw, my poor baby. I'll make you some soup. I hope you're okay by dinner."

That made me confused, "Why?"

Suzy sighed, "Well I'm having some company over for dinner. I really want you guys to meet him. He's bringing his son too."

"He?" Courtney moaned out.

This made Suzy smile, "Yeah, we've sort of been dating for the past four months."

Courtney sat straight up, "And you didn't tell us?!" Just as she got that out she covered her mouth. I watched as she jumped out of bed and heaved into the waste basket.

Suzy took this opportunity to leave, "I guess I better go make that soup."

The day passed on and Courtney was slowly getting better. She still wasn't talking to me, but she finally caved in and let me help her. After she ate the soup, she went back to sleep. I just got out of the shower and I decided to look nice. Who knows? This guy's son could be cute! Especially since I won't see Brian anymore.

Brian.

Man, I sure do miss him. He was such an amazing guy. I wish that incident never happened. It would be nice to see him again. Maybe I should text him?

No, don't do it.

A let a frustrated groan while I straightened my hair. I wore a nice pair of white shorts and a black Spagethii strap tank top. I put on some black eyeliner and some mascara. Like I said, I wanted to look nice, well at least presentable.

I walked back in the room to find that Courtney too, took a shower. Her hair was wrapped in a towel. She looked a lot better. Her face had her color back and I was definitely relieved. I decided not to say anything. I didn't want to make things worse. I'll just wait till she's ready.

"Girls, they're here!" Suzy echoed up the stairs.

Groans escaped both our lips, so Courtney let her hair down and threw it up in a bun real quick. We both looked at each other and I knew she wasn't happy to meet them.

We headed down the stairs and Suzy heard us, "Come on, girls!"

Once I got on the floor, I looked up and gasped. Courtney repeated my actions and Suzy pointed at them, "Girls, this is Brian Sr and his son Brian Jr."

We both were speechless. It definitely was Brian, but his hair was slicked back and he was wearing a nice long sleeve shirt that covered up his tattoos.

Brian Sr smiled at us, "Nice to meet you, girls."
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried my hardest on this chapter, so I hope you guys like it. (:

Thanks for the comments so far, you guys are amazing!