Status: In Progress

Boys With Tattoos

.13

Courtney.

We were in the middle of dinner and I said a whole two words. I was just so shocked that my Mom was dating Brian's Dad. I was also shocked that Brian actually made himself presentable. Suzy cleared her throat, "Okay, so we kind of have some news." She took Brian SR's hand into hers.

I glanced at Brian and we both frowned at each other, like we both knew what was coming next.

Brian SR smiled at me, "I'm going to be your new Dad."

I dropped my fork on my plate while Donna scoffed, "What?"

Brian crossed his arms, "No fucking way!"

"Brian Elwin! Watch your mouth!" Senior warned him.

Suzy smiled at me, "Courtney? What do you think?"

I got up from the table, abruptly, "Fuck this!"

"Courtney Lynn-" I didn't let her finish that sentence, I walked out the front door and I made sure it slammed shut.

I walked to my truck and sat in it. I wasted no time in lighting up a cigarette. I heard shoes scraping across the walkway and Brian came into view. I didn't say anything to him, he just got into the truck and lit up his own cigarette.

Halfway through my cigarette, I groaned, "This is fucking stupid."

"I know! What the fuck are they thinking? They've known each other four months and they want to get married? Fuck that." Brian exclaimed.

I just nodded my head in agreement. He said exactly what I was thinking. Once our cigarettes were out, Brian let out a chuckle, "Well it doesn't look like you guys can stay away from us now."

"I didn't want to, anyway. Donna said you guys were bad news and we should stay away, just like Suzy said." I explained.

Brian sighed, "I can't believe Suzy is your Mom. That's why I had to dress up. My Dad said Suzy hates us so I had to cover up my tattoos," Brian changed the subject, "God why does Donna have to be like this? It's not like I'm in the gang!"

"I think she's scared." I said, honestly.

That made Brian shake his head, "So she's running away? Really?"

I heard footsteps and Donna appeared, "They want you guys to come back in." She said, making sure to avoid eye contact with Brian.

That only mad him angrier, "So that's how it's going to be?"

"What do you mean?" Donna played stupid, but we both knew she knew what he meant. That's the way Donna is, though. If she starts falling for a guy, she does anything in her power to stop it. After Logan, her ex, she vowed never to get in a relationship again. They were together for about a year and then he moved to New York. She never said anything about it, but I'm pretty sure he was cheating on her, so she dumped him.

Brian's anger only seemed to rise. He got out of the truck and walked over to her. Donna wasn't prepared for this, I could tell.

"You're going to say fuck me because of something I had no control over? I told Matt to ditch those guys months ago. I had no idea that was going to happen." Brian states his point, trying to keep calm.

This made Donna sigh, "It still happened, Brian."

He groaned, starting to get pissed off, "I know that, Donna! I'm fucking sorry it did, but you can't end this just because of that. It's not fair!"

I watched as Donna seemed to get nervous, almost like she didn't know what to say. That didn't happen very often. Donna was the type of person that spoke her mind every second of the day, she didn't care what other people thought about her.

"You don't get it." She finally spoke, more quieter this time.

Brian scoffed loudly, while taking a step forward, "I do get it, actually! You're afraid that you're going to fall for me and you don't want to have a relationship because of your ex. Well, guess what? I already fell for you, hard and I'm not going to give up so easily." He took another step forward and took Donna's face into his hands. I blinked and his lips were on hers, I couldn't tell if she was enjoying it or not. Her hands raised up and she pushed him off of her.

I watched as her hand flew across his face and I heard a loud smack. I bit my tongue, hoping nothing worse was coming.

Donna glared at him, "Fuck you!" She turned to me, "And fuck you too! I'm done with this bullshit!" She headed down the drive towards her new car that was parked in the street.

I knew I should have went after her, but I figured she needed some time alone. I decided if she wasn't back by a certain time, I would go looking for her. Just like she did for me yesterday. Even though she's pissing me off to no end, recently, she's still my best friend and it would kill me if anything happened to her.

Brian ended up getting back into my truck and he just sat there in silence. The red spot on his cheek where Donna hit him was now clearly visible. I sort of felt bad for him. He practically spilled his guts out to her and she still shut him down.

After a few more minutes of silence, I cleared my throat, "I'm sorry."

"What the hell are you sorry for," He snorted, "It's not your fault. I should have just left it at the text message. She clearly isn't into me."

My heart ached a little bit for him, "Brian, after Donna broke up with her ex, she vowed never to get into a relationship again. I asked her why, but she never told me. As time went on and I watched her get involved with guys. She would always find some excuse to end it. I really think that her ex cheated on her and she's just not saying anything. She always said she was the tough one. Nothing would ever make her break."

Brian rubbed his cheek where she had slapped him, "You should go find her. She's probably lost."

I shook my head and reached over to take his hand into mine, "No, we should go find her."

"Oh, no. I'm not going make a fool out of myself for the second time, tonight. Court, just go find her and text me when she's alright." Brian insisted.

That wasn't going to fly with me, "Since we're going to be brother and sister soon, I'm taking this opportunity to use my sisterly advantages. You're coming with me, bro. Whether you like or not. We're going to find her and you're going to tell her how you feel. I don't care what it takes, I'm not letting either of you screw this up."

Brian didn't have a chance to answer because I already had the truck running and I threw it into reverse. I glanced at him as I put it in drive and he put his seatbelt on in defeat, making me feel like I just won the battle. Only I'll win when Donna and Brian are together for real this time.

Donna

How dare he. How fucking dare he grab me and kiss me like that. He had no right what so ever. He deserved that slap. If I would have stayed there any longer, he would have gotten more than just a slap. I started to think of the kiss. Brian was so rough and dominant with me, I think I kind of liked it.

No you didn't.

I tried to tell myself that. I could go through with this. Not again. I promised myself I would never go through it again. Only friends with guys, nothing else. Except, I don't think I fight this feeling. The way my heart beats when I think about him. How my palms get sweaty, when he's around me. Or how I have dreams about him at night. Something that I have never experienced before.

I knew I needed to forget about Brian, even if it was only for a couple of hours. I needed some sort of release. I wasn't sure exactly what I needed, until I found Jimmy walking down the street.

There was a voice in my head, telling me not to do it, but I chose not to listen to it. I pulled up next to him, "Hey, get in."

"Sorry, I don't take rides from strangers." He grinned goofily at me.

I wasn't in the mood for any funny games, "Just get in the fucking car, Jimmy."

He threw his hands up in defense, "Okay, okay. Damn, who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?" He asked, while getting into the car. I decided to ignore him, but the questions kept coming.

"Wait- I thought you wanted nothing to do with us? What happened with you and Courtney? Speaking of Courtney, where the hell is she-"

I cut him off, "Do you ever shut up?!"

Jimmy shut his mouth, so I took that opportunity to ask him something that I wasn't sure I was ready to do, "Does that offer still stand?"

His eyes widened and he got the biggest smile on his face, "Aw, fuck yeah! I knew you'd cave. I have some on me now. Head to the spot, I'll get you so high, you won't be able to feel a thing." That's exactly what I was hoping for.

After smoking two large blunts with Jimmy, I was gone. Jimmy was right. I did not feel a thing. It was a great distraction from reality.

"I don't know why Brian gets so pissed off about you smoking. This shit is amazing. He just needs to smoke and chill and everything will be fine." I spoke in what felt like a very slow motion like voice.

Jimmy cackled with laughter, "If he saw you now, he'd shit his pants. Man, I'm so glad you wanted to do this. I thought I would never find a smoking buddy."

"I'm all yours." I said as I heard leaves crunch. I started to get paranoid, "What the fuck was that?"

That made Jimmy fan his hand in the air, "Probably just a bunny or something."

The crunching seemed to get louder and when I saw two shadow figures come into my view, I knew for sure they weren't bunnies.

I started laughing, "They're not bunnies, Jimmy! You were wrong!"

"Aw, damn. I swear it was a bunny. Maybe there was a bunny, but they scared it away?" Jimmy suggested.

I looked at Brian and Courtney, "Did you scare the bunny away? Why would you do that?" Laughter came spewing out of my mouth again. I couldn't control it.

Courtney looked at me in disapproval, "You're high."

I smiled, "No, I'm Donna."

Brian walked over to Jimmy and grabbed him by the collar, "You got her high? You fucking asshole, I will fucking kill you. Best friend or not. Where'd you get the weed, huh?" Brian was pissed.

Jimmy tried to play it off, "Relax, dude. Smoke with us and you'll feel better."

"Answer the fucking question. Where did you get the weed?" Brian asked and it felt like he was screaming.

I heard this buzzing sound and I knew there were a swarm of bees surrounding me, "Get it off! Get it off!" I pulled on my ears, trying to get them to go away.

Courtney grabbed my shoulder, "Donna, what's wrong?"

"Bees! Everywhere! They won't leave me alone. Brian help me, please. I'm scared, I don't like this anymore. Make it stop, make it stop." I busted into tears.

I could barely hear Brian over my sobbing, but I did hear, "Jimmy, I'm going to fucking kill you tomorrow when you're sober. Right now would be too easy and you better hope she doesn't have to go the hospital."

Jimmy laughed, "Stop being so dramatic."

I could feel the bees going inside my stomach and I started to claw at my shirt, but nothing was working. I felt it rise up my throat and I puked all over the grass. The more that came up, the less I heard the bees. I screamed out agony, "Help me, someone make this stop!"

Courtney was flipping out, "Brian! I don't know what to do!"

The last thing I remembered was someone with strong arms started carrying me and I passed out.