Status: In Progress

Boys With Tattoos

.15

Courtney.

Before anyone could yell of even hurt Jimmy, I ran in between them and grabbed Jimmy's hand. I dragged him out of the waiting room, which made Brian flip out, "Courtney, what the fuck?!" I just pulled Jimmy harder and started to run.

We reached the cafeteria and Jimmy stopped to catch his breath, "You should have just let them hurt me."

I looked at him like he was a crazy person, "It wasn't your fault, Jimmy. Brian has no right to take it out on you."

He shook his head in disagreement, but left it at that. We decided to get some coffees and sit down. I sat down at a table and just stared at Jimmy. Not the staring that would bother someone, more like curiously looking. His facial expressions were tone down a lot. He wasn't acting all hyperactive like he usually does, so that makes me think that he is really torn up about this.

I decide to talk to him more about it, "Jimmy, please don't blame yourself."

He had his long lanky fingers wrapped around his coffee cup, refusing to take his eyes off of it, "No, I knew how Brian would act. I should have told her no, but I'm just so fucking stupid."

Just as I was about to answer, I noticed Brian headed our way. "Fuck." I muttered lowly, so Jimmy wouldn't hear.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Courtney? You shouldn't be on his side!" Brian stated while crossing his arms over his chest.

I watched as Jimmy's expressions changed from upset to depressed. It must be hard hearing your best friend talk shit about you and you can't do anything about it.

After looking between the two, I decided I had enough, "You know what Brian? Shut up."

Brian seemed stunned and confused so I continued, "There isn't any sides on this thing! It sure the hell is not Jimmy's fault! It was Donna's choice to smoke, so if you want to be pissed at someone, it should be her."

I watched as his body tensed up, "No, it's not her fault. It's my fault. If I didn't kiss her, she wouldn't be in here right now. All she wanted to do is have some fun or whatever, not be hospitalized." He said with a shaky voice and everything was becoming clear to me. He was never mad at Jimmy. He was mad at himself, but took it out on Jimmy. I wanted to comfort him, but Jimmy beat me to it, "Hey, it's okay, man. Donna will be okay." He said while pulling Brian into a hug.

Brian hugged him tight and didn't say a word, but it was like Jimmy knew what he was saying because he just kept telling him, "Everything will be fine."

Their little bromance moment was broke up by Matt, my Dad, and Karen showing up. I felt a little better once Matt was by my side and my Dad was glaring at Jimmy, "So, 'pothead'. What should we do with you?"

I rolled my eyes, "Dad, it wasn't his fault. Give him a break."

Jimmy spoke up, "I'm sorry about Donna. She told me she wanted to have some fun, I didn't think the bag I got was laced."

My Dad looked at my pleading gaze and sighed, "Alright, so I won't hurt you this time. I think this guy did enough damage on ya. Just know if it ever happens again, you're going to wish you were never born." This seemed to make Jimmy relax a bit and I felt a lot better, knowing everything was okay now. We just had to concentrate on Donna.

"We're going to get a hotel and come see Donna in the morning." Karen pointed out and I let out a groan, "I have to face Suzy myself?"

That only made my Dad snicker, "You think I would stay in that bitch's house?"

"Actually my Dad told me she's staying at my house." Brian informed us.

I thought about going home to an empty house and shuttered at the thought. If it was my home in Michigan, I would be okay, but I'm in house that I barely know, so that's a little scary.

"I don't want to be alone." I complained to my Dad, hoping he would change his mind.

Matt took my hand in his, "I'll stay with you." He gave me one of his signature smiles that showed off his dimples. Which also made my cheeks heat up pretty fast.

My Dad didn't like that idea, "Oh, no way! We didn't even finish our talk. I don't want a stranger staying with my daughter."

An agitated groan escaped my mouth, "Dad, he's not a stranger. Come on, you don't want to stay with me, so let Matt."

I watched as he looked at Karen for advice, which she nodded her head in agreement. I have no idea why he asked her, but he agreed to it, "Fine, but you better be out of there before Sue gets home. There's another thing she'd call me up to bitch about."

Matt agreed and I said a quick goodbye to them. Once they were gone, I turned to Brian, "Want me to give you a lift home?"

He shook his head, "Nah, I'll just have my Dad pick me up."

Matt and I both said our good-byes to Brian. Matt said he just had to drive Jimmy home and he would be at my house, which I gave him directions to.

Once I was at the house, parked in the driveway, I glanced at the time. 3:39AM. Today has been a long day. I woke up with the worst hang over, found out my Mom is getting married, found out Brian is going to be my Brother, and Donna get put in the hospital. It's weird to think that all of that can even happen in a day.

Headlights shined through my window and my stomach muscles started to clench knowing that Matt was here. I was extremely happy that he was staying with me, but still kind of nervous knowing we were going to be alone. As he shut his truck off, I got out of mine. He walked around with a frown on his face, "You live here?"

I nodded, not sure why that bothered him.

That made his eyes widen, "So that means that Suzy is your mom?!"

I almost forgot that she hated them. I tried to keep it a secret as long as I could, but once Johnny found out, then Brian, now it doesn't even seem like a big deal. "Yeah, I know. She hates you guys, but I don't care at this point."

Matt walked closer to me, "She actually called the cops on me three times."

"What," I asked, "Why?"

He shrugged, "I was riding around on my bike when I fourteen at three in the morning and she told the cops I was trespassing on her property."

That made me roll my eyes, "Typical."

We got into the dark house and I lead him up to my bedroom. Once I put the lights on in the room he started laughing, "Pink walls?!"

I sighed, almost forgetting the walls were that ugly color, "Don't even get me started on that."

He calmed down and looked between the beds, "Should we sleep on separate beds?" I wouldn't mind sleeping in the same bed with him, but I feel like that would be taking things too fast.

"It's up to you." I said, making him make the decision.

Matt took a moment to think about it and looked at me, "Well I want to sleep with you."

My eyes widened at his choice of words and he slapped his forehead, "Shit, I didn't mean it like that." His face turned red and I just laughed it off.

"It's fine, I know what you meant. We can share my bed." I said, giving him a smile.

He returned it, still feeling embarrassed, "Are you sure? I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

I walked over to him and took his hand into mine, "You would never make me feel uncomfortable. "

Matt grinned at this and leaned down. I leaned up, knowing what he wanted. As our lips met, I didn't waste any time, I deepened the kiss. This was different from our last kisses. It was more rougher. I felt Matt's tongue on the edge of my lip and I opened my mouth letting his tongue go into it. I moaned into his mouth once his tongue touched mine. I took my hands and let them roam all over his chest, memorizing all the muscles and curves.

To my surprise, Matt pulled away, "We should probably stop."

I blushed while looking at the floor, knowing we went too far, "Sorry."

His chuckle made me look up at him, "I'm not. I wanted to keep going, but I didn't want to ruin anything."

That made me frown, "There's nothing to ruin."

Matt nodded his head, "I want everything to be perfect, Courtney. You're not like other girls. You deserve to be treated like a princess." And with him, I did feel like a princess.

I decided to call it a night, so I shut the lights off and crawled into the bed. Matt did the same, but made sure to take his shirt and jeans off. If he could see my face right now, I'm sure I would be blushing. Matt got into the bed and pulled the covers over us. We laid there for a while and I found myself getting curious, "How many girlfriends have you had?"

Matt sighed, seeming like he didn't want to talk about this, but he spoke anyways, "Well I wouldn't really consider them girlfriends. More like hookups."

I bit my lip, not sure if I was prepared for this, "How many girls have you had sex with?"

"Nine." His words burned into my ears.

That started to make me feel self conscious about myself. I never had sex with anyone before and he's had sex with nine girls? Why does he want me? He could be with a well experienced girl instead of me. I continued to banter in my head until he interrupted me, "Does that freak you out?"

"A little." I admitted.

Matt rolled over on his side and wrapped his arm around me, "Don't let it. That's all in the past." He tried to reassure me.

That didn't seem to help me too much, "It's hard. You have so much experience and I have nothing. I'm surprised I can even kiss right."

That made Matt chuckle, "Courtney, there isn't a right or wrong way to kiss. I actually like that you've never been with a guy, it makes me want to take things slow. I'm used to meeting a girl and jumping right into bed with her the next day. You make me different." Hearing him say that made me feel a little better about myself.

I snuggled into his chest, "You make me happy."

He tightened his grip on me, "You make me happy, too." It felt like he wanted to say more, but he stopped himself.

Before I knew it, I fell asleep with Matt's arms wrapped around me.

Brian.

I stayed in the cafeteria for a good half hour, making sure everyone was gone. I didn't want them to know that I was going to see Donna. I just needed to see for myself that she was okay. I went to the nurse's station to find out what room she was in.

A girl with blonde hair smiled at me, "What can I do for you?"

I tried to return the smile, but I couldn't, "Can you tell me what room Donna Meredith is in?"

She eyed me, "What's your name, son?"

"Brian." I stated, while putting my elbows on the desk.

The nurse looked through some papers, "Well, Brian. You're not on the family list and it's way past visitor hours-"

"Wait are you thee Brian?" I heard from behind me.

I turned around to see another nurse standing there, looking wiped out. I frowned, not sure what she meant.

That only made her sigh, "I have a patient named Donna and she keeps flipping out saying 'tell Brian I am sorry'. If you're Brian, I'll let you see her, because we're coming close to sedating her."

"I'm Brian," I said quickly, not wanting Donna to be on more drugs.

The nurse walked me to her room and I took a deep breath before walking into it. I heard a heart monitor beep and I turned the corner to see Donna laying in the bed in a hospital gown. It made my stomach kind of sick, seeing her like this. She's going to be fine. I had to keep telling myself that.

I walked over to her bedside, when she mumbled out, "Brian, I'm sorry."

That only made my heart sink, she is in the hospital right now and the only thing she's concerned about is apologizing to me. I took her hand in mine and rubbed the back of it with my thumb, "It's okay. You don't need to apologize. Everything is going to be okay."

"Brian? I love you." She said with her eyes still closed, that made me a little emotional. I leaned down and kissed her forehead, "I love you too, Donna. I love you too."