Status: In Progress

Boys With Tattoos

.17

Courtney.

The plane landed in Michigan at 8:03pm, Eastern time. This time difference was definitely going to screw me up. I walked hand in hand with Matt off of the plane. Once we got inside the Airport. I heard someone on the speaker say, "All out-going flights have been delayed till further notice due to a storm headed this way."

Brian looked at me, "So now what?"

I smirked, "Hey, this was your idea. What was your plan for once you got here?"

He shrugged, "I don't know, go to her house."

That made me roll my eyes, knowing he didn't put much thought into this. I decided to just call my Dad and ask him to pick us up. I pulled my phone out to find that I had twelve missed calls. Eight were from my Dad and four were from Suzy. A sigh escaped my lips, forgetting that I didn't tell anyone where the hell I was going. I dialed my Dad up first.

After the first ring, "Where the hell are you, Courtney?!"

Ooh, he's angry.

I bit my lip, before saying, "I'm actually in Michigan right now."

"WHY?!"

Now, he's pissed.

I rubbed my face with my palm, "Dad, relax. The guys and I decided that we couldn't just let Donna leave like this. I know you're angry that I didn't tell anyone and I'm sorry, but it was kind of a last minute thing."

He seemed to calm down a bit, "Have you even talked to Donna?"

"No, why?"

That just made him sigh frustration, "She's not in Michigan, Court. She stayed in Cali, but she wanted to surprise you, so I'm guessing you left before you saw her."

My jaw dropped as I glared at Brian, this was his fault. Brian looked at me and it hit me. He was heartbroken over this, I couldn't blame him. All he wants is to talk to Donna.

"Are you there?" My Dad asked, pulling me out of my trance.

I shook my head, even if he couldn't see, "Yeah, sorry. I'm just realizing how much I fucked up. Dad, what the hell am I suppose to do now? All the flights have been delayed till further notice due to a storm coming."

Dad sighed into the phone, "It's okay, kiddo. Karen and I will come pick you guys up. You guys can stay at the house for the night and fly out first thing in the morning."

A smile formed on my lips, "Thanks, Dad. I'll see you in a little bit."

I called Suzy up and told her what happened. She asked if Brian was with me and I almost slipped up about the other guys. I had to make some story up about how I decided to drag him along to spend some time with him. Thankfully, she accepted that.

"So what's going on?" Matt asked, once I got off the phone for the second time.

I looked at him and then at the rest of the guys, "Well, Donna isn't here. She's still in Cali. She never left. I guess she wanted to surprise me, but look how that turned out.." I chuckled, uneasily.

If Brian looked heartbroken before, he looked like he got stabbed in the heart now. I felt so bad.

Zack crossed his arms over his chest, "So what the fuck are we suppose to do now? All the flights are delayed."

"My dad said we can all stay at the house. He's on his way right now, actually." I explained, trying to calm everyone down.

Johnny seemed to still be bent out of shape, "What am I suppose to tell my parents?! Oh hey I flew to Michigan with the guys, but it's fine, I'll be home in the morning. They will kill me!"

This was turning into a nightmare, I shouldn't of let Brian talk everyone into this. I rubbed my temples with my index fingers and Jimmy looked at me, sensing that I was getting stressed out.

He spoke up, "First off, let's all just calm down. Short shit, call your parents and say you're staying at my house. My parents will just automatically assume that I'm at Matt's or Brian's. Zack, your parents are out of town, remember? I know Matt's parents will think the same thing my parents will, so we're fine, okay?"

Everyone realized Jimmy was right and calmed down. I felt a little better, so I sent a smile in Jimmy's direction. He returned it, just as I got a text message from my Dad. He said he was in the parking lot.

I took Matt's hand, which he gave a smile in approval for and we all headed out of the airport. It was getting dark out and it looked like there really was a storm coming. I spotted my Dad and Karen by his pick-up truck.

Once we reached them, my Dad looked at my hand that was linked with Matt's, before looking up at me, "Still with lover boy, huh?"

I rolled my eyes, deciding to ignore his comment, "So, how's this going to work? There's only two seats in the back and we have six people."

My Dad walked over the bed of the truck and held up a blanket, "Well four of you guys will have to lay in the bed, with this on top of you. I don't need to go to jail for this."

I turned to the guys, "So who wants to sit in the truck with me?"

They all decided to just let Matt sit in the truck with me, which I had no problem with. I looked around for cops as the guys crawled into the bed of the truck.

Dad laid the blanket on top of them, "Now, don't get up until someone takes the blanket off."

"Yes, sir!" They all shouted, which made me chuckle a little.

Dad smirked while letting Matt and I, into the backseat. Karen got into the passenger seat and I frowned, forgetting that she was with him. I was also curious to why she was with him.

Matt placed his hand on top of my hand, causing me to look up at him. He raised an eyebrow, probably wondering what I was thinking about. I shook my head and smiled, letting him know it was nothing. At least, I hope it was nothing.

We got to my house in time before the storm came. Once my Dad pulled into the driveway, I smiled. The house still looked the same and it felt really good to be home again, but it felt even better to have Matt here with me.

My Dad let us out of the truck and handed the keys to Karen to unlock the front door. I figured she would have decided to go home by now, but I guess not.

Dad took the blanket off of the guys and the first person to get up was Jimmy, who had a huge smile on his face, "That was so much, can we do it again?"

I rolled my eyes as Dad scoffed, "Yeah, right." He walked to the front door, leaving it at that.

Johnny got up, holding his head, "Ugh, Jimmy kicked me."

"Aw, are you okay?" I asked, leaning over the bed to examine the part of his head that he was holding.

Zack got up, squeezing his legs together, "At least he didn't kick you in your junk." Matt snickered at this and I frowned.

"Why did you kick them, Jimmy?"

Jimmy shrugged it off, "What? I was rolling around, having fun. I didn't mean to kick them."

I sighed and looked for Brian, "Did you hurt him, too?"

"No, he would punch me in the arm, whenever I rolled over to him." He said with a sad smile on his face.

Brian got up, with an unreadable expression on his face. He jumped out of the truck and I decided it was time to go in.

I inhaled the scent of my home, once I walked through the door. I missed it. I looked at the stairs to see Karen carrying a whole bunch of blankets and pillows. I rushed over to her, before she dropped them all, "Here, let me help you."

She handed me half the stack, "Thanks, Court. Tom said the guys can just pile up the living room."

I turned to the guys, "Want to help set your beds up?"

Everyone agreed and we went into the living room to set everything up. Karen excused herself as we all sat down, feeling exhausted with all the stuff we just went through.

"Man, some birthday you must be having, huh?" Johnny broke the silence.

Brian clearly wasn't amused by his comment, because he took a pillow and hit him up beside the head.

Johnny groaned, "Oww!"

I decided to intervene, "Brian, I'm sorry you're having a crappy birthday, but taking it out on Johnny isn't going to make you feel better."

"Then, what will?" Brian spoke up for the first time, since we left California.

Ideas ran through my head as I looked around at the guys. Zack seemed bored out of his mind, Jimmy looked restless, Johnny was in pain, Matt seemed content, and Brian just looked like he could use a drink.

"I got it!" I jumped to my feet and rushed into the Kitchen, where I found Karen holding my Dad's hand. A gasp fell from my lips and they separated, quickly.

Karen laughed, "I think the splinter is gone now, Tom."

My Dad's cheeks turned red before he looked at me, "What's up, kiddo?"

I felt like I definitely needed to have a talk with them to find out what the hell was going on, but I was on a mission now, "Do we have any Jack left?"

Dad shook his head, "Oh, no. You are not getting drunk, tonight."

"I won't, but come on, Dad, it's Brian's birthday. Let them have some fun. I promise I won't let them get too crazy." I explained, hoping he would agree.

He looked at Karen for advice and I felt my stomach drop. I now realized that they had a thing going on and I wasn't sure how much I liked that. As Karen decided on an answer, I crossed my arms over my chest, and glared at her.

She looked at me and just by my body language, she could tell that I caught on, which made her smile, "Aw, c'mon, Tom. Let em' have some fun."

My Dad sighed, "Alright, fine. Don't get too loud, though. The Jack is in the cigarette cabinet."

I raced over to the cabinet and grabbed the fifth of Jack. I frowned, when I saw that there was a carton of Karen's cigarettes in there. I couldn't deal with this right now. I just chose to ignore it. I grabbed a pack of my cigarettes and a pack of my Dad's, knowing that Matt and Jimmy smoked menthol. I walked back into the living room, "Party time!"

Zack reached for the fifth, "Gimmie!"

I handed it to Brian, "Birthday boy, first."

The Jack made it's way around to everyone and once it got to me, I declined. Matt did the same.

"Matt, you can drink. I just told my Dad that I would keep an eye on you party animals."

He grinned, while taking my hand into his, "Well, I'll help you keep them in line." I smiled, while looking into his eyes. He was such a sweetheart.

Zack yanked the bottle out of Matt's other hand, "More for us!"

The night went on slowly and my Dad came into the living room to tell us he was heading to bed, "Alright, I'm going to get some sleep. I'll wake you guys up tomorrow when I get a flight time. Don't get too loud, now." The guys said goodnight and I watched as he walked up the stairs with Karen following him.

I felt anger flicker through me. He was seeing my best friend's Mom and he can't even tell me to my face?

Matt placed a hand on my cheek, "Hey, what's wrong?"

Just as I was about to answer, my phone rang. I pulled away from Matt to see who the hell was calling me at this time. A squeal escaped my lips when I saw that it was Donna. "Hello?"

"Dude, I can't surprise you for shit!"

I laughed, "I honestly didn't think you were going to stay!"

She got serious, "Did you really think I would leave my best friend?"

"Well with Brian-"

"You're right, Court. I can't run away, not this time."

I felt myself becoming really happy as a smile spread out on my face, "I'm glad you finally realized it. Did you wanna talk to him? He's pretty miserable. I mean, he found out the girl he loves went back to Michigan, so he decides to follow her, only to find out that she never left. Now he's stuck in Michigan on his birthday."

"It's his birthday?! Courtney, why didn't you tell me?"

I handed the phone to Brian, "It's for you."

Matt knew Brian was going to want to be alone, so he decided to move the party outside. Once we all got outside, it looked like the storm was finally clearing. Zack plopped in a lawn chair and closed his eyes. Jimmy and Johnny started to play tag, while Matt and I just watched them.

There was so many things going through my mind right now. I didn't even know which thing to deal with first. First off, Donna better let Brian in. He's so good for her. I mean what guy flys half across the country for the girl he loves?

Matt wrapped his arm around me as I snuggled into him, "I-" I wasn't sure if I should tell him this. Maybe it's not the right time.

He leaned his head on top of mine, "You- what?"

I shrugged, "Never mind."

Matt pulled away from and placed his hands on my shoulders, so we were arms length apart, "Court, you know you can tell me anything."

"I know that, I'm just not sure if it's the right time or place for it. Ugh, now I know it's not the right time for it. God, what's wrong with me?" I groaned while pulling away from him.

I turned my back to him and stared out into the dark night. I felt Matt's fingers slide across my hand as he linked our fingers together. He squeezed gently, "Courtney, talk to me. What's going on?"

What was going on with me? I know how I feel about Matt, but why couldn't I tell him. I've told him plenty of times that I like him and that I care about him, but why couldn't I say this?

"I don't know," I said, honestly, "I want to tell you how I feel about you but I feel like since you're so experienced and you want to take things slow, that I have no idea when the right time is to tell you. I don't want to make myself look like an idiot, which I'm pretty sure I'm doing that right now-"

Suddenly, Matt was in front of me with his lips on mine. He smirked into my mouth as I tried my best to return the kiss. His arms wrapped around my body as I let my hands go to the back of his head. I ran my fingers through his short hair as he bit down on my bottom lip. I moaned into his mouth, knowing that he was going to pull away and say how we should stop.

Matt took me by surprise and used his hands to cup my ass. He lifted me up in air and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He sat me on the railing of the deck that we were standing on as his tongue entered my mouth. I moaned, feeling a warm feeling in the pit of my stomach. I felt like we should stop, but I didn't want to. I pulled back from him to catch my breath as his mouth moved to my neck. He started to bite and suck the skin underneath my earlobe. He placed his hand on my thigh and started to rub circles through my pants. The feeling in my stomach was becoming more intense. My mind was telling me to stop him, but my body was telling me not to. He grazed my earlobe with his teeth, causing shivers to go down my spine. I ran my hands over his chest, savoring this moment for as long as I could.

His hand moved to the hem of my pants and I could feel my heart starting to pound. Matt slipped his hand inside my pants and I felt the feeling in my stomach turn to nervousness and I started to get scared. Just before Matt's fingers could get to his destination, I pulled away from him, "We should stop."

He raised his head and smiled down at me, "Okay."

I frowned, trying to get my breathing and heartbeat under control, "Okay? That's all you have to say?"

Matt sighed, while taking my hand into his, "I'm trying to show you that I'm not the only one who wants to take things slow-"

"I didn't want to stop." I said, not understanding what he was trying to say.

He grinned down at me, "Neither did I, but you still stopped me, so something inside of you is telling you that you're not ready."

It was still confusing to me, "Wait, so you're telling me that you always stop us from getting too involved because you know deep down, I'm not ready?"

Matt nodded while tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, "That's exactly what I'm telling you, but believe me, after what just happened, I know now how much you want more, but you're not ready yet and I'm okay with that."

I smiled, feeling my cheeks go red. He had no idea how much I wanted more. I continued to smile at him, "How can you be okay with it? I mean I can clearly see how bad you want more too, but you stopped-"

He cut me off, "You told me to stop and I will do anything for the girl I love."

It was becoming clear to me now that this was the right time to tell him, but I felt nervous about it. I looked down at my lap, "The girl you love?"

Matt cupped my face with his hands, so I was looking at him, "I don't want you to feel like you can't tell me how you feel because you're not sure if it's the right time to say it. I don't care how experienced I am, I will never know how you feel if you don't tell me. From here on out, I will tell you how I feel about you all the time if you do the same for me?"

"Deal." I smiled and pecked his lips.

He grinned back, showing his dimples off, "Now, I think you wanted to tell me something..?" Matt trailed off.

I looked into his hazel eyes, feeling confident, "I love you." It even felt good hearing me say it.

Matt pulled me into his arms, holding me close to his body, "I love you too, baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a two parter and I feel like this chapter is really freaking long but I didn't check the word count, so i have no idea. It was longer than this but I felt the need to split it into two parts. I hope this chapter doesn't drag on too much.

So Matt and Courtney love each other.

Brian loves Donna, so Donna must love Brian now, right?

Find out in the next chapter which is part two.

If you guys can get me to 80-90 comments, I'll post the next chapter later on in the day. I really do love everyone who takes the time to read this story. So please show me some love. (: