Status: In Progress

Boys With Tattoos

.2

Courtney.

Sitting in a class full of my class mates screaming and hollering for class to end, so they can start their summer plans, was making my mood worsen. Usually I would be right there with them, but I don't want summer to start. I don't want to go to California. I just want to spend it with my Dad and my best friend, like every other year since I was five years old. Much to my dismay the final bell rang.

BRRRRRRINNNGG

Followed by an announcement from our Principle: "Alright everyone, I hope you have a great, fun, and safe summer. We had a great school year! Can't wait to see you all in the fall! Be safe!"

Kids were running everywhere. Some were screaming 'It's summer'. Some even sprayed silly string all over the lockers. I did see one person that had the same attitude that I had and that was Donna. We met up outside in the student parking lot.

"Here comes a summer filled of hell for me." I said while starting the truck up.

Donna sighed, "And a summer filled of boredom for me."

We got to my house within a few minutes and I surprisingly found my Dad home. He works till five in the afternoon and it's only noon now. I glanced at the digital clock on the radio to be sure. The numbers read: 12:16. I was now curious to know why he was home. I threw the truck in park and shut the engine off. Donna and I both headed into the house.

I found my Dad on the phone in the living room. Once he spotted us, he told the person on the phone he had to go. Donna went up to my room, probably to get cigarettes. She tends to smoke when she's upset.

"Who was that?" I asked, referring to his phone.

He put it on the end table next to him, "Your Mother, I talked her about a few things and I have some good news."

"Courtney doesn't have to go?!" Donna asked, making her presence known.

I turned to her, seeing a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. I half smiled, hoping that was the good news. I turned my attention back to my Dad, who shook his head, making my hope go down the drain.

"I talked to Sue about some things. I told her that you really didn't want to go and she made a compromise. She said you could bring a friend. I already talked to Donna's mom and she's okay with it." He explained.

Donna became excited, "Really?!"

I even started to smile, it couldn't be too bad if my best friend was going to be with me.

Dad nodded his head, "Yeah, I already gave her a list of things you guys like, so you better get packing, you leave tomorrow morning."

We both raced up stairs and Donna helped me pack. She even packed some of her stuff. She practically lived here. Her Mom worked really late shifts at a shipping plant, so she would just stay the night at my house most of the time. After I was done packing, we went to her house to finish her packing.

***


It was four o clock in the morning when my Dad woke me up. He didn't seem to happy, but he was trying to hide it. This was the first time I have ever stayed a summer away from him. I just want it to be over with already. I don't want to be away from him.

"I made you breakfast." He stated, as we both walked into the kitchen.

When I spotted cereal in a bowl, I smirked at him, "Some breakfast."

He rolled his eyes, "I woke up late, just eat."

I did as he said and he drank his morning coffee. I was watching his every move, because I hate seeing him upset. The house phone started ringing and he answered it on the first ring. I drank the milk out of the bowl and put it in the sink.

"Donna is ready." He said, putting the phone back on the charger.

I turned around to see him grabbing his keys, "I'm going to load the truck up-"

"Dad wait," I said while walking closer to him, "Are you going to be okay?"

He chuckled bitterly, "Of course."

I narrowed my eyes on him, "Dad.."

"Fine," He rolled his eyes, "It'll be hard, but I'll get through it."

As soon as I heard that I wrapped my arms around his torso, "I'm going to miss you, Dad."

"You're going to be back in August." He said, almost as if he was trying to convince himself, more than me.

Before I knew it, we were at the airport. Donna was super excited, but I wasn't exactly sure how to feel. Donna grabbed her bags and I grabbed mine. My Dad thought it was time to give us a long lecture.

"I don't want you guys getting into any trouble. Be careful, listen to your mom. Call me every day with an update, okay?" He asked.

"Yes, Dad. I won't get into any trouble, I'll be careful, I'll call you everyday, and maybe I'll listen to my mother." I smirked as Donna gave me a high five.

Dad shook his head, "Just be good."

"I love you, Dad." I said, giving him a long hug, knowing that I was going to miss him.

He patted my back, "I love you too, kiddo."

Donna smiled sarcastically up at him, "I love you, Tom."

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, right."

With another good bye hug, we were on our way. Once we boarded the plane, I started to get nervous. I haven't seen my Mother since I was four years old. What was I even suppose to call her? I'm not calling her Mom that's for sure. She doesn't deserve it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was oh so crappy. I'm truly sorry you all had to read that. /:

I just really needed to get this chapter out, so I could start the next chapter.

Give me some love in the comments, please? c;

I'm starting shout outs next chapter. (: