Status: In Progress

Boys With Tattoos

.3

Courtney

The plane ride to California wasn't too bad, probably because I slept through most of it. Donna went to use the bathroom in the airport while I got out luggage. I found my suitcase and then I spotted Donna's.
"Is that my baby girl?!" I heard a woman screech behind me.

Please don't be her.

I turned around to see a woman in her thirties with auburn red hair, coming at me. She had a big smile on her face, "Courtney, my baby girl!" She pulled me into a tight embrace, that pinned my arms at my waist.

Donna showed up and I glared at her. Realizing I needed help, Donna cleared her throat, "You must be Courtney's Mom, I'm Donna."

She finally let go of me and smiled brightly at Donna, "Yes, Tom told me all about you. I'm so happy to know that my daughter has a great friend like you."

That made Donna light up like a Christmas tree, I just rolled my eyes, knowing it was making her ego bigger. Donna smiled, "What would you like me to call you?"

"Suzy is fine, that's what everyone calls me." Not my Dad.

Suzy showed us the way to her car, talking our ears off about how much fun this summer is going to be. I was completely zoning her out. I did not want to hear any of it. I hate how she can just pretend like she never left.

"There are a lot of kids in my neighborhood your age, so you guys won't be so bored." Suzy explained. I just shrugged in response. I don't need to hang out with other people, when I have my best friend with me.

"Like those kids." Donna pointed out the window.

I looked to see 5 guys standing around a car. It looked like they were all picking an the shortest one of the group, but he didn't seem to mind, because he had a wide smile on his face. They definitely would be considered the 'bad kids' in our school, but I never paid attention to that stuff. If someone is nice to me, I will be nice to them.

"I don't want you girls hanging out with those boys, that's all they do is cause trouble and scar their skin up with permanent ink." She said in a warning tone, but that just made me more curious about them. She pulled into a driveway and I gasped at the sight, it was almost a mansion. It was definitely bigger than the two bedroom house that I lived in at home.

Suzy was grinning, "I'm glad you like my house, it's your house to." I tightened my jaw, trying not say anything.

Donna spoke up, "Where will we be sleeping?"

We got out of the car and grabbed out luggage. Suzy lead us into the big house and pointed at the massive staircase, "You guys can stay in the guest room, it has two twin beds in it. Go explore, I'll get some food going."

"YES! I'm starving!" Donna exclaimed, making me chuckle.

Donna followed me up the stairs as I tried to find the guest room. I found the bathroom, which was huge, and then I checked the door after that and I shook my head, "Oh, hell no!"

Donna walked into the room and busted out laughing, "Aw, Courtney. It's your favorite color!"

The walls were painted hot pink and I wanted to puke. I hated that color.

Suzy showed up, "Do you like the room?"

"No."

She frowned, "Why not?"

Donna smiled, thinking this was funny, "She hates the color pink."

"What girl hates the color pink?" Suzy asked in disbelief.

"Me." I glared at her.

Suzy frowned again, "Sorry I didn't know."

"Yeah, there's a lot of things you don't know about me-"

Donna cut me off by grabbing my arm, "Court, don't."

I yanked my arm from her, "No, I'm done playing nice." I turned my attention back to Suzy, "I'm not going to let you come into my life and act like you were on a vacation for 13 years. You left me when I was 4 years old! I didn't have a mother, but I had a father that worked 2-3 jobs to support me and still had time to spend with me. You don't know anything about me and the only reason I'm here is so you don't take my Dad to court."

She looked like I just stabbed her, but I didn't care, I was done listening to her being so happy about this. "Courtney.." She sighed.

I shook my head, "Nope, I'm done. Let's go Donna."

"Where are you going?!" Suzy exclaimed.

I walked out of the room, "Somewhere, I don't know yet!"

After 15 minutes of walking down the street in silence, I finally broke it, "I fucking hate her."

Donna sighed, "I know."

"I don't know how I'm going to do it."

My phone started vibrating in my pocket and I pulled it out to see that my Dad was calling. Something that would make me feel better. "Hey Dad." I answered.

"You've been in California 15 minutes and you already bitched her out?"

Wow, what a child. She calls my Daddy to tell on me. I snorted, "I can't believe she called you."

"She wants me to set you straight, but I'm not going to tell you how to feel. Just try to be more cautious on what you say to her, alright?" My Dad asked.

I took a deep breath and exhaled, "Okay, I'll try."

"I gotta go now, call me tomorrow. Love you kiddo." He spoke quietly.

"Love you too, Dad." I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket.

Donna gasped, "Dude what are we going to do about cigarettes?"

"I don't know." I looked at her, knowing we were shit out of luck.

All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain on my head, I realized something hit me. "What the fuck?"

"Johnny, you fucking idiot! You were suppose to catch that!"

Donna got pissed and picked up the football that hit me. She practically ran over the group that we saw earlier. She threw the ball in short guy's face, "Watch were your throwing that shit!" She exclaimed.

I caught up with her and the short guy pointed at the buff guy, "He threw it."

The buff guy rolled his eyes and looked at me, "I'm sorry that Johnny can't catch for shit, but I still should of been more careful." He smiled apolgetically, showing off his dimples.

I smiled back, "It's fine, don't worry about it."

"I'm Matt." He introduced himself.

"Courtney," I copied him and gestured to Donna, "And this is Donna."

He looked at us curiously, "Did you guys just move here?"

"Well kind of. We're just staying at my Mother's house for the summer." I explained.

Matt nodded, "I see, well this is Jimmy, Brian, Zack, and the short one is Johnny."

I examined all of them. Jimmy was tall and had blue eyes. Brian had perfect facial structures and brown eyes. Zack was more on the average side of guys and he had green eyes, and of course as Matt explained Johnny was the short one. They were all covered in tattoos.

"Nice to meet you guys." Donna smiled at them.

Brian smiled at her, "You guys busy right now?"

"N-"

I cut Donna off, "Yeah, actually we have to head back home."

Donna glared at me and I glared back at her. She sighed, "Yeah, her Mom was making dinner."

Matt looked at me, "Well here why don't you give me your number and we can all hang out tomorrow or something?"

I looked at Donna and she nodded, "Yeah, sure." I wrote my number on his hand and we said our good-byes. As we were walking back to the house, Donna started laughing, "Well it looks like mommy dearest really doesn't have a say in your life. She told us not to hang out with them and look what we're doing."

"Who cares, she can't tell me who I can and can't hang out with." I said, while shaking my head.

Donna nodded, "I don't know what she sees wrong with them, Brian is hot!"

"Donna!" I exclaimed, while chuckling, "You just met him!"

"So? That doesn't mean I'm blind. I know when I see a hot man, and boy let me tell you, he's a fine piece of meat!" She fanned herself dramatically.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah."

"Oh come on, Courtney. I seen the way you were looking at Matt, I know you think he's hot." She smiled widely.

My cheeks got red and I shook my head, "No, I don't." I started running for the house.

She screamed after me, "You totally want his dick, look how red in the face you're getting!"

I stopped in my tracks and looked around to see some elderly couples staring at us. My face got even redder. Donna smiled innocently at them, "Oops, don't mind me." She started running and we both ran home, feeling completely embarrassed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the following people who left comments on the last chapter:
mollymoshpit;
annod
disneyland.acid.trip


Here's comes the good stuff now! (:

If you guys can get me to 20 comments I'll update again today. <3

Image

Do it for Syn! <3 <3