Status: In Progress

Boys With Tattoos

.4

Courtney

I woke up to Donna snoring obnoxiously. A groan escaped my lips as I peered open my eyes. I seen light shining through the window, signaling that it was morning. I wrinkled my nose up in disgust at the walls. Waking up to pink walls is definitely something that I did not like. I stretched my arms out as I sat up in the bed. Donna's snoring got louder so I took one of my pillows and whipped it at her, of course I have terrible aim and it hit the ground. That got me frustrated, so I jumped out of bed, grabbed the pillow, and started beating her with it, "Wake up!"I said repeatedly.

"Mmm.. God, I'm up!" She exclaimed, drowsily.

I dropped the pillow and yawned loudly. She became more alert and sat up in her bed, "What time is it?"

"7am." I said while glancing at the clock on the wall.

She moaned in disbelief, "Why are we up this early?"

"I don't know, I think we're still on Michigan time." I said while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, "Come on, let's go see if we can find something to eat."

Donna and I walked downstairs to find the house completely empty. It was quiet, something I was not used to. We got into the kitchen and Donna started rummaging through the fridge. I saw a piece of paper on the counter that was titled to us.

Courtney and Donna,

I had to go to work, I'll be home by 8, make yourself at home. I'll bring pizza home and Courtney I hope you give me a chance to be the Mother I know you always wanted.

-Your Mom


"She's unbelievable. How would she know that I wanted a mother? I never needed one when I was younger and I sure the hell don't need one now." I rolled my eyes as I turned to Donna, who had a confused expression on her face.

I threw the note at her and looked through the cabinets. I found cereal, bowls, and spoons. Donna tossed the paper back on the counter, "I love how she left that in a note instead of saying it in person. Probably didn't want you bitching her out again."

"Right." I chuckled.

We ate our breakfast in peace and we decided to take showers. It was pretty cool having three bathrooms in this house, because we could take a shower at the same time. When I got out, I got changed into an AC/DC shirt that my dad bought me and some black skinny jeans. I decided to straighten my hair. As I was doing it, I became hot, so I just tossed my hair into a pony tail.

I headed to the pink room to find Donna changed with her hair in a messy bun. She was wearing a tank top and short shorts. I frowned and looked down at my outfit. She turned around and chuckled, "You do realize it's like 80 degrees out, right?"

"Oh well." I shrugged it off.

Ting Ting

Donna looked at the end table by my bed and back at me, "I think you got a text message."

"No shit, sherlock." I said walking to the end table.

"Okay, Tom." I could feel her rolling her eyes behind me.

I picked up my phone knowing that it was probably my Dad checking up on me. I opened the message and it was from a number I didn't know.

Hey, do u and ur friend want to hang out with us today?

"Someone just texted me asking us to hang out with them." I stated.

Donna scoffed, "Say yes! It's Matt, you idiot!"

"Ohhh!" I said in realization and quickly typed back, telling him that we'd love to. I saved his number into my phone and sat on my bed and sighed. It was the first day of summer. I wish I was at home right now. I want to rebuild things on cars with my Dad. I've been gone one day and I'm already home sick, great. I scoffed loudly.

Of course, Donna noticed, "What's wrong?"

"We've only been gone a day and I'm home sick." I said in a disbelieving tone.

She shrugged, "That's what happens when you spend everyday of your life with your Dad since you born. There's nothing wrong with it. Hell, even I miss him. You have me here, and I know I'm not Tom, but you can talk to me, you know that. I don't want you to get depressed or something, so whenever you're feeling like this, just talk to me."

I smiled and nodded, "Thanks. I will."

My phone went off again and I looked at the text message.

Sweet. K, meet us at the park. We will find something to do.

"We have to meet them at the park." I said, looking up from my phone.

Donna frowned, "Like we're going to know what park he's talking about. There's probably a million of parks here!"

"Right." I sighed and replied to him saying: Umm, we don't really know anything around here. So I doubt we would be able to find the park that you are talking about.
A few seconds passed and I got another text message from him:

Shit, sorry. I forgot. Just meet us where u saw us last night. We'll be there in 5.

I nodded to myself and looked back at Donna, "Let's go where we saw them yesterday, they'll meet us there."

We left the house and Donna pointed out the corner we saw them yesterday. Once we got to it, I looked around to see if anyone was walking. There were a lot of people walking, just none of them were the guys.

I shook my head, "Maybe this isn't it."

"Hello ladies."

We turned around and there they were. All five of them dressed in either ripped jeans, cut of shorts, and all of them were wearing a band t shirt. Matt was wearing a 'Social Distortion' t shirt, I don't think I've ever heard of them.

Donna broke me out of my trance, "Hey, so what's there to do around here?"

"Get in trouble." Zack smirked at her.

Brian rolled his eyes, "Not today. I promised my Dad I wouldn't get taken home by the police again."

Donna and I laughed. Matt nudged them, "Stop you're making it seem like we're criminals."

The tall one, Jimmy chuckled, "We basically are! I've been in Juive two times."

Donna got a kick out of this, "What for?"

"Stealing and for fighting." He said nonchalantly.

I looked at the rest of the guys, "Wow, so are you guys like the bad boys of the city?"

Matt shrugged, "Yeah, I guess. Hope that doesn't scare you, we're actually really nice guys. Just have bad tempers."

The short one, Johnny snorted loudly, "Um, Matt, I'm pretty sure you're the only one with a bad temper."

"Fuck you, short shit, I am not." Matt defended himself.

Donna decided to change the subject, "Well would any of you 'bad boys' happen to smoke?"

Jimmy grinned, "Oh you wanna get high?"

I noticed Brian's attitude kind of went down, when Donna asked that.

"No, cigarettes!" I exclaimed, "We don't do that shit."

Matt grinned at me, "I got Newports, want one?"

I wrinkled my nose up in disgust, "I don't like menthol."

Donna smiled at him, "I do!"

That was true, Donna preferred Menthol cigarettes, so did my Dad. Me on the other hand preferred non-menthol. She smoked Newports and I smoked Marlboro reds.

Matt pulled out his pack and lighter and handed one over to her. Matt stuck one out to me, "You sure you don't want one?"

Donna nudged me, "C'mon, it's better than nothing."

Brian pulled out his pack, "I got Marlboro reds, if you want one."

"YES! I LOVE YOU!" I yanked his pack out of his hands and took one. Brian laughed and gave me a light. As soon as I inhaled the smoke into my lungs, I felt so much better. "Damn, it's been a whole 24 hours."

Donna continued to puff on her cigarette, "So do all of you smoke?"

Zack nodded, "Yeah basically. Johnny only smokes around us, but he doesn't even inhale."

Everyone snickered and Johnny tried to defend himself, "I do too!"

"So have you guys ever tried weed?" Jimmy asked with a bright smile on his face.

Brian glared at him, "You're not going to pressure them into trying it."

"Well if you guys change your mind, just come to me. I know a guy." He smiled again.

Matt clapped his hands together, "Well, c'mon, let's head to the park."

All the way to the park, we talked getting to know each other. I was mainly holding a conversation with Matt. We got on the subject of music and I found out he liked hardcore stuff, something I wasn't a fan of. I told him I liked old school rock and metal and he started listing off all my favorite bands.

"I thought you liked the hardcore stuff?" I questioned him.

He smiled, showing off his dimples that were making me scream inside, "I like all kinds of music. I may be in the hardcore scene now, but the Guns, Metallica, and AC/DC will always be my favorite bands. My Dad got me into them. Bought me Appetite for Destruction for Christmas."

"Dude, my Dad bought me the Back in Black album for Christmas." I smiled.

He chuckled, "Wow, we must have cool Dad's."

"Yeah.." I trailed off. I missed him.

Matt frowned, "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." I shrugged my shoulders.

He pried, "Aw, c'mon. How am I suppose to get to know you?"

"Well," I sighed, "I've lived with my Dad my whole life. My Mom walked out on us when I was a little girl, so my Dad is everything to me. My Mom really wanted to see me, and she threatened to take him to Court-"

"-So you're here against your will basically?" He summed it up.

I nodded, "Exactly."

"And you're home sick." He pointed out.

I looked up at him, "I was."

We stopped walking since the others were way ahead of us.

He got closer and gazed into my eyes, "What about now?"

"No." I whispered out.

Matt grinned and leaned closer, I could smell his cologne and it smelled amazing. My heart beat started to accelerate and he moved his head to the side of my head. "Good." He breathed against my ear. I felt a shiver go down my spine and he pulled away smirking.

"Come on, you slow asses!" I heard Jimmy shout in a distance.

Matt grabbed my hand and we started running. Home was no where in my mind anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's chapter four! The next chapter will be in Donna's POV, just so you can get a feel of her, more.

So my last comment goal didn't work. Let's try this one. 25 comments and I'll update again? Please? I just really want to know if anyone even likes this story.