Status: In Progress

Boys With Tattoos

.8

Courtney.
I woke up around 8am to find that Donna was still sleeping, I decided just to lay in bed until she woke up. We were going to the beach with guys around noon. I spent the day with Matt yesterday and it was amazing. We finally opened up to each other and I told him about the fight that I had with my Mom.

"Why don't you look at it this way? You're in Cali. Not to spend time with your Mom, but for a vacation. It's a chance for you to make friends and get to know me." He said with a smirk planted on his face.

I grinned at him, "I guess that's a better way to look at it. I've made friends with Zack, Johnny, Jimmy, and Brian. I think that's a good distraction from my Mom."

Matt pretended to pout, making his dimples pop out, "What about me?"

"I'm still trying to figure that out." I said, gazing into his eyes.

He placed his hand delicately on my cheek, "Having any luck?"

I started to bite my bottom lip and I shook my head as a response. We were gazing into each other's eyes and it was the first time in a long time that I didn't have the urge to look away. His hazel eyes were a calming color, I could stare at them for days. His face got a little closer, "There's something I forgot to tell you."

I copied his actions so that we were only a couple inches away from each other, "And what's that?"

He closed the space between us and I could feel his warm breath on my face, "You're beautiful." That sent shivers down my spine in a good way and I blushed massively. Just as I was about to say something back, his lips were on mine. My heartbeat was so loud, I'm sure everyone in the city could hear it. Matt was about to deepen the kiss-

"Matt? You out here?" We heard Jimmy call somewhere in the woods.

Matt groaned and pulled away from me, "Yeah!"

I felt agitated, and so did Matt. Jimmy came into view and started blabbing about some idiot that he got into a fight with. I wasn't really paying attention, I was staring at Matt the whole time. Matt laced his fingers through mine and that made Jimmy groan, "What the fuck? First Haner and now you? There should be a rule or something."

"What do you mean?" Matt asked, not having a clue what he was talking about.
Jimmy pointed at our locked hands, "When we make new friends, no one should be able to date them. Now the girls are only going to want to spend time with you and Brian." That actually made me feel bad.

Matt shook his head, "That's not true. Right, Courtney?"

I nodded, "Yeah, Jimmy. Just because I'm falling for Matt doesn't mean I can't be friends with you or the rest of the guys."

"You're falling for me?" Matt asked, with a smile forming on his lips.

My cheeks got red and I realized I let that one slip, "Er.. yeah." I admitted and looked at the ground, trying to avoid his eye contact.

Jimmy changed the subject, "So where's your little side kick?" That question was directed to me.
I looked up at him, "She had a stomach ache, so she stayed home."

He nodded, "I see. Well, I think I better get home before the cops get there and tell my parents what happened. See you dudes later." Jimmy got to his feet and walked out the same way he came in.

It was kind of awkward between Matt and I since I said that. A whole bunch of scenarios were running through my head. I hope he doesn't think I'm stupid or an idiot for already falling for him.
Matt took me by surprise and grabbed my hand again to pull me closer to him, "I'm falling for you, too." Within seconds, his lips were on mine and I was happy that no one would be here to interrupt us.


Matt and I probably spent hours just making out which didn't bother me any. I got home around seven and found that Donna wasn't there. When she got home, she explained to me that she was hanging out with Brian and I didn't have a problem with that. We both needed a break.

I decided to take a shower and let Donna sleep in. Just as I opened the door, I found Suzy standing there.

She smiled, "Oh, you're awake."

I nodded my head, cautiously, wondering what she wanted. I'm not going to let her ruin my time here.

Suzy continued to smile, "There's a surprise waiting for you in the driveway. Why don't you go check it out?"

That made me frown, "I don't like surprises."

Her smile faded, "Just go see."

A groan escaped my lips as I walked past her. As I was walking down the stairs, I was just trying to think what it could be. Whatever it was, it's not going to fix our relationship. I hope she realizes that. I opened the front door and walked down the pathway that lead to the driveway. I froze when I found a truck parked next to Suzy's car.

I squinted at it, trying to figure out why it looked so familiar. I opened the truck door and it hit me. This was the truck that we worked on with my Dad.

A smile fell on my lips when I saw a note card laying on the dash. I seen my Dad's horrible hand writing and I chuckled before reading it.

Courtney,
Your mom wanted to buy you a car, so I let her buy this truck off of me. It was her idea, so I had the truck delivered to you. There's a surprise in the middle counsel. Be careful driving. Love you, kid.
-Dad


I set the card down and opened the middle counsel. I wanted to start crying when I found two cartons of cigarettes. One for me and one for Donna.

"Is this the truck that I think it is?" Donna appeared next to the truck.

I turned to her with a smile on my face, "Yep. Suzy bought it off my Dad."

She got surprised, "For real?" I nodded, confirming that the idea was Suzy's.

Donna nodded in approval, "Finally did something right."

I narrowed my eyes on her, "Doesn't mean I'm going to start calling her mom now."

"I get it, but she's trying ya know."

I made a weird face, "Since when are you on her side?"

Donna shook her head from side to side, "Bro, you know I'm not. I'm just trying to show you she might not be that bad."

"Bribing me isn't going to win my love."

She sighed, "Okay, let's go eat something." Donna changed the subject and we never went back to it.

It was going on noon when Matt texted me to let me know that Brian would pick us up but I told him that Suzy bought me a car so I could drive.

This was his reply:

Wow, trying to buy your love? Lol

I smiled before replying;

Exactly what I said to Donna. Just text me directions and We'll be there.

Matt sent directions and we were on our way. We got to the beach parking lot within minutes. Matt and Jimmy were standing by Matt's truck. I didn't see Johnny, Zack or Brian, so I figured they were on their way.

Once I got out of the truck, I was wrapped up in a hug and lifted off the ground. I squealed until I realized it was Matt.

He set me on the ground with his arms still around my mid section, "I missed you."

"I missed you, too." I blushed under his gaze.

"Where's Brian?" Donna groaned interrupting our reunion.

Jimmy answered her, "Oh, he's already there. C'mon, we have some walking to do."

Matt laced his fingers through mine and lead the way. Turns out, we were going through the woods to get to a private beach. It didn't seem to bother me, though, because we had the whole beach to ourselves. Once the dirt turned to sand, I saw Johnny and Zack in the water, where as Brian was sitting by beach towels and a cooler. I smiled to myself once I saw how miserable Brian looked. I know Donna being here will make it better for him.

Donna raced over to him once she spotted him. I watched as Brian's face lit up when she tackled him to the sand. They both laughed and smiled. It just makes me feel good inside when I see my best friend happy and boy does Brian make her happy.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Matt brought me out of my daze by putting his hand gently on my cheek.

I grabbed it and smiled up at him, "Just thinking about how happy Brian makes Donna."

Matt smirked, "You make me happy."

That made me blush, "You make me happy too."

"Wanna get in the water?" He grinned.

I shook my head, "Nah, maybe in a little bit."

Matt pouted, "Please."

My heart started to beat faster, I don't want to tell him that I'm scared of water, he'll probably think I'm weird or something. I bit my lip and smiled apologetically, "I'll come in later. I want to try and get a tan."

He sighed, "Alright, I'll come check on you in a little bit." He kissed my cheek and ran for the water, taking his shirt off in the process.

I walked over to the towels and spread mine out on the sand. Donna and Brian were taking their clothes off to head in the water. Brian walked over to the water, but Donna came over to me, "Hey you going to be okay?"

"Yeah, but please don't tell them!" I begged her.

She looked at me like I was stupid, "Why not? They aren't going to care!"

"Yeah they will! They'll think I'm a pussy or something!"

"Courtney, they won't care!" Donna insisted, but that didn't calm my fears.

I shook my head, "Donna, please!"

She sighed, but nodded, "Alright, fine. I won't say anything, at least not today."

That put me at ease and she headed for the water. I laid on the beach for awhile letting my skin soak up the sun. I sat up to switch to laying on my stomach and I looked out to the water to see where they were. Donna and Brian were closed off away from the other three, which made me roll my eyes. I laid on my stomach and buried my head in my arms. I laid there for a few minutes, just about to doze off, when I felt someone pick me up.

I squealed and realized it was Jimmy, "Jimmy put me down!"

He laughed, "No way girly! You're going in the water!"

My heart beat started to race, I struggled trying to get off of him, "No! Jimmy don't take me in the water! Please don't!" I started to kick and move my arms.

"Come on, don't be such a girl!" He chuckled and I looked to see that he was almost at the water.

Finally tears started to rise and I screamed, "JIMMY PUT ME DOWN PLEASE!"

Matt got out of the water, "Jimmy, put her down." He said, sternly.

Jimmy placed me on my feet and by then, tears were pouring down my face. Jimmy looked at me, "Why are you crying? It's just water." He laughed.

I looked at Matt who seemed confused and I looked over to the water to see everyone looking at me. This was exactly what I didn't want to happen. I ran back up the beach and I heard Matt calling my name, but I kept running. I got into the woods, but I couldn't remember my way back to the car, so I found a grassy area and I sat down in it.

God, they must think I'm a freak or something.

A few moments passed and I heard sticks and leaves crunch. I wiped my eyes to get rid of the tears and I just stared at the ground, waiting for whoever it was to show themselves. The person came into my view and I realized it was Matt. Fuck. I don't want to explain this. Not now.

He said down in front of me and took my hand into his, "Why didn't you tell me you were afraid of water?"

Great, Donna told them.

I shook my head, "I don't know, I just thought you would think I was pansy or something." I said while keeping my gaze on the ground.

Matt took his other hand and put it under my chin to raise my head, "I would never think that of you. We all have our fears, I just wish you would of told me, then I could have prevented this from happening."

"I'm sorry." I said, now feeling bad for not telling him.

He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine for a few moments, before pulling back, "You have nothing to be sorry for, okay? Oh and Donna only told me and Brian about your fear, so you don't have to tell the others if you don't want to."

That made me smile, "Okay and thanks."

Matt got to his feet, "C'mon, let's get back to sunbathing." He helped me to my feet and we headed back to the beach. Once the water came in sight, I noticed five guys dressed in all black, I had no idea who they were, but I assumed they were friends of the guys.

Once Matt spotted them, he tensed up and stopped walking. I was now getting the feeling that Matt didn't like these guys too much. "Hold my hand and don't let go." Matt ordered in an almost angry voice that kind of scared me, so I grabbed his hand as fast as I could. We continued to walk down the beach and I noticed Brian was holding Donna's hand too. I looked at Donna and she looked worried.

We got to the group of the guys and I got a closer look. They all had this tattoo of a symbol on the side of their head. The guy in the middle stepped forward, "Sanders, I see you snagged yourself a nice piece of meat." He smirked while looking me up and down. I felt disgusted.

Matt tightened his grip on my hand, "What do you want Carter?"

That made 'Carter' laugh, "You know what I want, I want you to finish your job."

I noticed Matt's jaw tighten, "I told you, I'm done! I'm not doing it anymore!"

"Matthew this is your last chance. Do your job and I'll let you leave, or you're going to wish you never said that." Carter said with a gleam in his eye.

Matt kept his ground, "I'm not scared of you."

Carter just snickered, "You will be."

Brian cut in, "Just leave him the fuck alone, okay? He's not going to it, so go find another person to do it for you." I looked at Donna, who was looking at me. Just by the look, I know she was trying to tell me she was scared. I gave her a nod, hoping everything would be okay.

"You know what Haner? You're right." Carter smiled at him and looked back at Matt, "I'll let you go if you give me a night with your little slut." He grinned at me.

Matt let go of my hand and stood in front of me protectively, "Fuck you!"

"How about I fuck her instead?"

The next thing I know, Matt is on top of Carter pounding him in the face and all the guys are trying to pull him off. I started to panic, I had no idea what to do, I couldn't just stand there. One of Carter's buddies, grabbed me by arms, "Looks like you're coming with me, babe."

"Fuck you!" I spat in his face and elbowed him in the eye.

He groaned in pain and I tried to get away from him, but he pulled me back by my hair and I fell to the ground, "Listen bitch, we can do this the hard way or the easy way."

I looked over to see the guys still struggling to get Matt off Carter. Donna was being held back by another friend of Carter's and I had no idea what to do. The guy pulled me to my feet by my hair and grabbed my bathing suit top. He pulled and ripped it off my body. I watched as he smiled seductively at my chest and I screamed, "MATT HELP!"

The guy grabbed my hair, "Wrong choice." He started to drag me up the beach, but I kept kicking and moving my arms, trying anything to get away from him. Finally, his grip let go off my hair and I fell to the sand. I turned around to see Matt kicking the guy that was holding me in the ribs. I looked to the other guys. Carter's friends were trying to get Carter to his feet who's face was covered in blood and Brian was comforting Donna. I crossed my arms, trying to cover my chest.

The guy that was messing with me finally retreated back to Carter and his friends. Carter was now on his feet and he pointed at Matt, "You're going to regret this! All of you will wish you were never born!" We all watched as they exited the beach.

My heart was beating so fast and I started to get really overwhelmed, so I started crying. I watched through bleary eyes as Matt jogged over to the towels and grabbed his shirt, he rushed back to me and helped me into it. He pulled me into his arms and kissed my hair, "Shh.. it's going to be okay, I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
...And so the drama starts!

Any ideas on what this job is that Carter wants Matt to do?