Status: Completed

I'll Change

1

"You no good, lying, cheating son of a bitch!" She screamed while hurling a puck at my head.
I moved just before it connected.
"Can we go home and talk about this?" I asked while gently touching her arm.
She yanked herself away.
"I'm not going anywhere with you, Patrick Kane! I can't believe you would do this to me. I thought you loved me." She yelled again as the tears started to form in her beautiful blue eyes.
She really was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. Her long wavy brown hair laid softly on her back. Looking into her blue eyes were like looking into the sky on its clearest day. Her lips were my favorite physical part of her. They were so soft and fit perfectly with mine. Her Kane jersey hung loosely off her curves. Her jeans hugged her waist and her long legs in just the right way.
"I do love you."
"Bullshit. If you loved me you wouldn't have slept with that bitch." she said.
She took off the Kane jersey she was wearing to reveal the tank top she had on underneath. She threw the jersey in my face.
"It's so embarrassing to even wear that." she said "I feel like a fool for trusting you."
"Nothing I can say is going to make it better. Just know that I really do love you." I said taking a step toward her.
She turned around so she wasn't facing me now. She was facing my stall with her arms crossed over her chest. This girl meant the world to me. What I saw in that other girl that night, I don't know. I had the most amazing girl waiting for me at home and instead of going back to her I went out with the guys and got drunk. I should have told her as soon as possible but I was afraid. Afraid she would leave. How was I supposed to know the girl was going to show up at the game tonight and tell her?
"When is it going to stop? When is the frat boy act going to end? I can't take it anymore." She said.
I could tell she was having a hard time trying to not break down.
"All I can say is that I'm truly sorry and I'm trying to change. Kelsey, I really do love you."
"You promised that you would never let anything hurt me. You promised that you would never hurt me. You broke your promise. " she said turning back around so she was facing me now.
My heart broke even more with every word she spoke. She had tears streaming down her cheeks and her mascara was running. Even with her make-up she was still the most gorgeous girl in the world. I walked over to her and gently wiped them away. I honestly felt like the biggest asshole for breaking the girl I loved's heart.
"You're right. I did. I'm sorry. That night meant nothing to me and I feel like the world's biggest asshole for hurting the love of my life. Kelsey, you mean the world to me. I've never loved another girl the way I love you. If you give me another chance I'll prove to you how much I really do love you. I'll work my ass off to change for you." I said wrapping my arms around her.
This time she didn't pull away. She buried her face into my neck and started to sob. I put my hand on her head and held her tight. This was really killing me. I had to blink away a couple of tears that were forming in my eyes. I kissed her head lightly and whispered I'm sorry again.
"Patrick, I'll give you another chance. This doesn't mean that I trust you because right now I don't. This doesn't mean that I'm not angry because I am. Unfortunately for me I love you too much to let this end. I swear that if you break my heart again I'm done. I'll pack my things and I'll be gone before you get home. I'll change my number. I might even move out of Chicago and you'll never hear from me again." she said
"I promise I won't." I said hugging her tightly. "I don't ever want to see you this hurt again."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short. I know. I need more practice with writing. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Let me know what you think.