The Great Hendowski

don't speak that way, 'cause I won't allow you

Her hands were folded across her lap, just like a lady and how her mother had taught her. Her lips were pulled into a tight smile, because a lady was never unhappy. Her eyes met every pair perfectly as they approached her, because it was lady-like to make eye contact. Her ankles were crossed, because a lady never revealed her special spot. Her hair was pulled into a pony tail, because a lady never left her hair down to get nappy. And most importantly, her white dress was perfect - not a wrinkle a sight - because a lady never had imperfections in her appearance. Accessories were a lady's best friend, but her pearl ribbon bracelet was her camouflage.

Yes, you would think that Lucy May Quill lived the perfect life as a perfect lady. However, if you saw her on a regular school day, you'd think that this lady in front of you wasn't the same girl who sat beside you. Lucy May Quill was far from a perfect lady. In fact, she was the exact opposite. She belched in her room after gulping down a large can of soda. She swore like a sailor, and her clothes were filled with wrinkles, because she hated to iron her t-shirts. She hid behind an oversized navy blue sweatshirt on most days, and every day she wore the same jelly bracelets on her wrists where she hid her darkest secret.

Lucy May Quill wasn't a lady, and she damn sure wasn't perfect. She was human, something her mother never approved of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, I expected this to be longer, but okay. Enjoy. :)