The Tenth Night

Eriko Watanabe

"Are you still reading?" Eriko muttered. The stale environment of the entire country's transportation still made her sick. She reached into her bag and produced a small vial of perfume, and breathed in the aroma. Citrus, she thought to herself.

"What are you reading now?" she asked, tapping her younger sister's shoulder.

"Yakuza na Tsuki," she replied, quietly.

"I don't get how you can read on buses," Eriko started rambling. "I mean, don't you get sick? Don't you just feel, like, whoa."

"Shizuka ni shite. Tsumaranaiyo," Eiko replied quietly, again.

Eriko grumbled and reached into her bag and produced her tattered list. She started reading through it again, reminding herself why they're there. They were rapists, molesters; rich, white men, who thought they could do anything they wanted to women. About halfway through her list, she stopped reading. The mixture of both kanji and Roman letters were giving her more of a headache than she already had.

"Daijoubu?"

Eriko was brought out of her thoughts and turned to her sister with a confused face.

"Daijoubu yo," she replied, puzzled. "Why're you asking?"

Eiko didn't say anything; instead, she pointed at her head, and changed her naturally pretty face into one that looked displeased.

"Oi," Eriko, laughed. "Busukai ne?"

"Nn," Eiko laughed quietly.

Eriko lifted her feet up and placed them on her younger twin's lap. Leaning her head against the window, she looked up at the roof, and thought about who from her list will be picked. Who from her list will she have to kill.
♠ ♠ ♠
idk this is gross.

Yakuza na Tsuki = Yakuza Moon (book by Shoko Tendo)
Shizuka ni shite = be quiet
Tsumaranaiyo = casual form of boring/uninteresting (in this case, you're boring)
Daijoubu = casual form of are you okay?
daijoubu yo = I'm okay
Busukai ne? = Ugly, yeah? (busu is like, the worst thing you can call a woman regarding her looks, apparently)
Nn = casual way of agreeing (polite would be hai)